Characters Eliot Apprentice of the Iron Fist Combo's

Yaguar

I've just started looking at Eliot for the first time since DOA4 so I'm excited for this.

ScattereDreams

Environmental, slope style, ceiling, sabaki, and 6H/4H combo's would have been nice. You also should have implemented F+K which guarantees 9K on CH and guarantees 9K on NH while in open stance.

Yaguar

Noticed Eliot has same SDS problem that Momiji has. 15 frames at fastest stagger and it isn't hard to pull off in a real game.

Yaguar

Just watched it. Man good effort! Do you know what was highest damage from throw and power launcher that you used? I'll steal those from you =p

David Gregg

Very nice! Thanks for taking the time to make that. :) Just one thing to add that I may have missed but:
H+K: Don't forget the importance of this! The launcher 9K may be closed stance dependent but it's guaranteed damage (on medium weights and below you can get ~75 on NH and over 100 on Hi-C!)
Then another little thing is his Uncharged PL. This one is probably not much use but if your opponent doesn't tech roll (and believe me a lot of unexpected opponents don't for this particular attack), you can actually follow it up with an i3P and then a combo finisher. Kind of cool especially since most uncharged PL's can't have followups but like I said not particular that useful

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Lol no but I'll make a guide.
I'm trying to learn him after I finished his damn Combo Challenge .. I have to admit I got a little inspired ..
I still feel he's not much of a great character .. being slow as hell, with nothing guaranteed, and requiring too much effort for his max damage .. But I have to admit hes a lot of fun ..

So I have a few a few questions:
1) does he have any natural combos ?
2) whats his max damage after CB on a midweight?
3) Anything Guaranteed that I missed ? at all ? (apart from 9K after Parry?)

Thanks

iThe Apprentice

I'm trying to learn him after I finished his damn Combo Challenge .. I have to admit I got a little inspired ..
I still feel he's not much of a great character .. being slow as hell, with nothing guaranteed, and requiring too much effort for his max damage .. But I have to admit hes a lot of fun ..

So I have a few a few questions:
1) does he have any natural combos ?
2) whats his max damage after CB on a midweight?
3) Anything Guaranteed that I missed ? at all ? (apart from 9K after Parry?)

Thanks
One thing that can be guaranteed is his :H+K: in closed stance if you're close enough, it will guarantee a :9::K:
But just to be 100% sure. You'd have to wait for the guide I'll go on full detail and add notes if there's mistakes.

Last edited:

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
I love doing :236::F: and following up with some :3_::P: for some amazing damage. Learned it from watching the videos of members on here. Gets lots of damage when it's a Hi Counter Throw at that!

AkaShocka

I suck mass ass with Eliot and this video helped me out alot. I am trying to learn him quickly so I just jotted down some combos (ok maybe all the combos) in my "Stealing Combos" journal (lol not really). But this is very useful. I now have decent looking combos after burst instead of 9k - PPP or 9K - PPK xD.
Thank you sir.

iThe Apprentice

I suck mass ass with Eliot and this video helped me out alot. I am trying to learn him quickly so I just jotted down some combos (ok maybe all the combos) in my "Stealing Combos" journal (lol not really). But this is very useful. I now have decent looking combos after burst instead of 9k - PPP or 9K - PPK xD.
Thank you sir.
At your service.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
iThe Apprentice said:
One thing that can be guaranteed is his :H+K: in closed stance if you're close enough, it will guarantee a :9::K:
But just to be 100% sure. You'd have to wait for the guide I'll go on full detail and add notes if there's mistakes.

I need to do more testing..
Is this guaranteed on fastest SE?

Yaguar

I've been playing him on the side for a couple of weeks now (not much lab stuff just playing matches).

The one thing I'll point out is that he has a great pseudo-tech game through :P+K: (whiff) :2::P:. You do have to be willing to cast off the damage of stuff but you can work it in with his wall game too. Leaves you with HUGE +frames.

I've mainly been playing him to work the walls. Downside of this is his free stepping is slooooooow. If I want some one with a wall behind them, it is gonna take Eliot a day or 2 to walk around them. Splash gives you a :3_::P: x2 combo though so it is pretty sexy. If you're willing to drop a little you get the pseudo too (might be remembering wrong but I'm 95% you can work it with his wall game, take a look after overtime).

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD