Characters Eliot Apprentice of the Iron Fist Combo's

Yaguar

Cow, throw some complaints at TN. We might get Eliot to new level of Eliot-Tier!

Try using the whole "Minor -frames == Use Parry" thing. Just throw it out now and then.
I know his :3::K::P: bounds at threshold. I've not looked into it properly and you don't really get to threshold because he's no stuns that last longer than -3 frames if they SE but... he has it!

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Cow, throw some complaints at TN. We might get Eliot to new level of Eliot-Tier!

Try using the whole "Minor -frames == Use Parry" thing. Just throw it out now and then.
I know his :3::K::P: bounds at threshold. I've not looked into it properly and you don't really get to threshold because he's no stuns that last longer than -3 frames if they SE but... he has it!

I've been working with his frame data trying to find setups that cannot be SEed ..
if you wanna hook up that bound its easy actually ..
6K2K > P > 3KP
or
8P > 3PP > 3KP
or
66PPP > 3KP
just off the top of my hat ... 3 setups that get you the bound without the possibility of SE

Now I have 2 questions for you guys:
1) whats the max damage you guys can pull off after a CB on a mid weight?
I used to do:
- 33P > (3)P > (3)P > 6PP46P but the damage wasn't enough and it was too much of a hassle
then I found:
- 8K > (3)P > 4PPPP46P does a ton more and its far more consistent and reliable
Are there better juggles vs mid weights that would grant more damage?

(If I get the midweight formula I can work on creating light n heavyweight ones)

2) whats the max damage after 236H+P (vs. Midweight) ?
The most I could find was:
- 9K > 2H+PH+P > 6PP46P (easy and hassle free)

Last edited:

Yaguar

... Snip ...

I actually don't know. I won't lie, I don't have a real CB combo purely due to I'd rather play stun -> launch and go for wall smash.

I really need to get some Eliot lab time for max damage so iTP will be best to handle those answers. Since Eliot is Eliot I go for style points and psuedo-tech's over raw damage.

My general :236::T: combo is...
:6::3::P: :6::3::P: :6::3::P: :6::P::P::4::6::P:

You can also swap the second :6::3::P: for :8::P: if you really want.

Do you know if you can :6::3::P: post-bounds?
Going to lab it tonight anyway (about 5 hours from now) so I might get back to this answer first (if I don't end up on P4A again).

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
I actually don't know. I won't lie, I don't have a real CB combo purely due to I'd rather play stun -> launch and go for wall smash.

I really need to get some Eliot lab time for max damage so iTP will be best to handle those answers. Since Eliot is Eliot I go for style points and psuedo-tech's over raw damage.

My general :236::H+P: combo is...
:6::3::P: :6::3::P: :6::3::P: :6::P::P::4::6::P:

You can also swap the second :6::3::P: for :8::P: if you really want.

Do you know if you can :6::3::P: post-bounds?
Going to lab it tonight anyway (about 5 hours from now) so I might get back to this answer first (if I don't end up on P4A again).

well the setup I showed after throw actually does more damage than the (3)P x3 > 6PP46P
Also, yes you can (3)P after bound ...
In fact, after that 3KP bound you mentioned you can do: (3)P > 2P+K46P ... its super effective ;)

Yaguar

well the setup I showed after throw actually does more damage than the (3)P x3 > 6PP46P

Can't remember how many or what you can get away with but you can connect :4::P: string from a certain setup which is pretty big. Not sure if it actually turns out to be higher damage though.
I'll have to put some real lab time into his combo's since all I have right now is his style, frames and gimmicks down.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Can't remember how many or what you can get away with but you can connect :4::P: string from a certain setup which is pretty big. Not sure if it actually turns out to be higher damage though.
I'll have to put some real lab time into his combo's since all I have right now is his style, frames and gimmicks down.

Honestly, from the vibe I'm getting with this character, you really dont need the gimmicks so much, at least not 2 or 3 (3)Ps every time. I'm finding better and less gimmicky setups with far more damage all the time.

I might end up making a combo vid for him, but one with less flash and more ... practicality

Like I said before,
He's slow, has crappy frames, with nothing guaranteed. So you cant really afford to take too many risks with him if you want to be effective.

One strong element he has that I am starting to notice is the length of his strings and his ability to string delay, I think that's what gives him his flare. I need to go more into the lab with him to see where the strings meet and how they converge into the end result of P, 2P, K or 46P. Hes like an alpha with grappler speed, minus actually being a grappler .. lol

By the way, You coming to the DOA gathering in London on the 22nd? It would be really cool to meet up. maybe I can put my virgin Eliot to the test.

Yaguar

By the way, You coming to the DOA gathering in London on the 22nd? It would be really cool to meet up. maybe I can put my virgin Eliot to the test.

I didn't know there was one! I'm meant be heading down for the shindig tournament on the 1st of December.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
I didn't know there was one! I'm meant be heading down for the shindig tournament on the 1st of December.

Well as you may already know, I no longer live in London .. and I'm only staying there for a few days so... if you dont live far it would be a good opportunity to meet up :)

Yaguar

Well as you may already know, I no longer live in London .. and I'm only staying there for a few days so... if you dont live far it would be a good opportunity to meet up :)

Well I'm a good 3 hours outside otherwise I'd head down for this. Can't really afford 2 lots of London within a fortnight
><

Yaguar

Yeah I understand .. I'm gonna kill rev for making the event the week after mine .. but oh well .. lol

It's fine talking about this in Eliot's forum because he's British. Rev got the date the place would give him. Bit hyped for it.

Darth Lotonic X

From my "No Timing" Power Launcher Guide

For information about the format of these combos go here

There is an effort to minimize the usage of :3_::P: for practical reasons, but there aren't really any other options on the wall.

No Wall:
Alpha: (:H+P:) :8::P:, :2::P+K::P+K:, :3::P::P::P::4::6::P: (108)
Light/Middle: (:2::H+P:) :8::P:, :2::P+K::P+K:, :3::P::P::P::K: (106)
Heavy: (:H+P:) :8::P:, :2::P+K::P+K:, :6::P::P::K: (97)

Wall:
These aren't "no timing" combos, but I've found that if you do are Jab beforehand it makes the timing much easier.
Alpha-Middle: (:P:) :3_::P:x3, :3::P::P::P::K: (103)
Heavy: (:P:) :3_::P:x2, :3::P::P::P::K: (95)

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD