Eliot; General Discussion

StryBlu

I'm still getting it everytime. Maybe the person tapped duck, which took effect and it made the 9p whiff, or it's the netcode still and it's pulling you off by a bit.
Yeah it's weird I'm able to pull off offline in training mode but online I guess it doesn't work

pyj88

Hi guys. I would like to ask about eliot play style.. Is he a aggresive attacker? If yes how to be aggressive. If not how to play him? Someone mind explaining? Thx

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Eliot
  • 6P+K: Changed to backside bound on hit. Guard advantage changed from -6 to -11F.
  • 4K: Guard advantage changed from -10 to -6F.
  • PP2P, etc.: Counter Hit and above advantage changed from +29 to +19F
  • 2K: Normal hit advantage changed from -5 to -2F.

These are the changes to Eliot for v1.04 patch for arcade and likely consoles.

David Gregg

Eliot
  • 6P+K: Changed to backside bound on hit. Guard advantage changed from -6 to -11F.

These are the changes to Eliot for v1.04 patch for arcade and likely consoles.

Emperor Cow said that when he played DOA5UA in Japan this wasn't true. The bound property is actually when you're face-to-face with the opponent.

David Gregg

I don't really understand notes like this, so is this better or worse for Eliot?

I think we need to wait first and try it out for ourselves but EC said it was good. To me it sounds worse b/c it means you can't do the guaranteed 6P+K after H+K like you could in vanilla but he's saying that this provides another juggling option that works on most weights (aka probably isn't working on heavyweights XD).

ScattereDreams

Backside bound is the name of the bound I believe =/ and it's a good thing because now it's an even better whiff punish tool because now you have damaging follow up's =/

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD