Eliot; General Discussion

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Backside bound is the name of the bound I believe =/ and it's a good thing because now it's an even better whiff punish tool because now you have damaging follow up's =/
Interesting. Even though the v1.04 patch seems minor for Eliot, I still need to test it out for myself. It seems like he didn't get nerfed, but not buffed either. More or less the same.

David Gregg

Backside bound is the name of the bound I believe =/ and it's a good thing because now it's an even better whiff punish tool because now you have damaging follow up's =/

Wait I'm confused now. Emperor said that it's not a backside bound at the arcades despite what the 1.04 patch notes say. Are you saying that it really is? :confused:

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Anyone have any advice for the hold combo from the combo challenge? I drop it at the 46P every time. Is my FC3P timing just off?

EDIT: Never mind, got it. I was delaying 46P by accident.

EDIT: Yay, got milk~

Last edited:

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Okay, so I played Eliot in casual locals for the first time on Wednesday. This character is so fun. I'm pretty sure that the games I won were all because no one knew how many hits are left in his strings, though. I think I'll stick with him, though. Too bad there's like four people who know how to play Christie in my scene. :v

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
I am baffled as of late, because somehow long ago, I completed Eliot's Command Training 100%. Yet, I cannot seem to do :P::P::4::6::P: consistently anymore. Stand alone, of course I can do it, but in a combo or even in that simple command, I can't do it anymore. It makes me sad as an Eliot player that I can't pull of the move consistently anymore.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Are you not timing it? It's fairly free if you start the 46 as the previous punch is hitting.
I think it is my timing that is off. What should the motion feel like if I'm playing on a pad? Because every time I try to do the 46 motion during PP46P, the game reads it as me delaying the PPP string.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Alright, so I'm in Free Training right now with Eliot just repeatedly doing the :P::P::4::6::P: command and I think it's starting to come back to me. It seems for me to get it consistently, however, I have to have a short delay before :P::P: is over and then quickly perform the :4::6::P:. I think that's how it's supposed to work.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
M'kay, after doing Eliot's command training again, I was able to get through it 100%. I think I'll tackle his combo challenges next after I feel comfortable enough doing :4::6::P: consistently. Gotta get that in my muscle memory if I want my Eliot to feel complete.

Lulu

Where are all The Iron Fist players at ?

Its been bone dry in here for too long. That and @Lulu needs some help. So whaddya say, Fisties..... ? :)

Radiance

Has Eliot's 33P always been a two hitter?

Yes. It can be countered both mid kick and high punch. I never use it as a launcher because the height/recovery isn't the greatest so a choryu followup is more strict and you won't get a good relaunch height. I typically use 33P2P at the end of my combo's into 2F+K for oki to take away my opponents wake up options. Also because it has 2in1 hit properties you'll have a higher chance of being held

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Yes. It can be countered both mid kick and high punch. I never use it as a launcher because the height/recovery isn't the greatest so a choryu followup is more strict and you won't get a good relaunch height. I typically use 33P2P at the end of my combo's into 2F+K for oki to take away my opponents wake up options. Also because it has 2in1 hit properties you'll have a higher chance of being held
Oh I see now! Thank you, I thought that the two hit combo prompt was glitch for a moment

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD