Characters Eliot Guide by Colver

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
@Lulu, best way to do i3P is to do 663P. It's sort of like a shortcut, if you will. It's how I was able to complete his combo challenges that gave me some trouble, especially the 5 Choryu challenge that I probably cannot do again. Lol

Lulu

@Lulu, best way to do i3P is to do 663P. It's sort of like a shortcut, if you will. It's how I was able to complete his combo challenges that gave me some trouble, especially the 5 Choryu challenge that I probably cannot do again. Lol

I know.... I can't do that one with either... I think I already mentioned that in your thread.....
That method is harder because it overlaps with my difficulfy with regular :4::4:/:1::1:/:2::2:/:3::3:/:6::6:/:9::9:/:8::8:/:7::7: Type inputs..... adding an extra step borders on the impossible for my thumbs to do on the Analogue Stick.... thats why I have never ever been able to do Hayabusa's :6::6::6::P:, its way too many steps. I don't think even Master uses that move. Maybe I've seen it once because I've seen him do Hayabusa's Handstand after bouncing the opponent off the floor like that.... it was pretty cool. :oops:

DontForkWitMe

:3_::P: is definitely vital for eliot and i'd go as far to say that no one should bother with Eliot at all unless you get it down pat. Eliots damage output is mediocre without being able to extend his combos with :3_::P: especially after the damage buff it got in LR so you'll be sacrificing damn near 10-15points of damage on all his bnb combos without it

also
Damn good guide @ColonelColver but you left out his :6::P+K:,Its a good whiff punisher and is technically his only NH launcher since it causes a bound that allows him to combo off of. for example he can do

:6::P+K:, dash in :3_::P:,:3_::P:,:3::P::P::P::K: on light weights(dmg 72,close hit 86)
:6::P+K:, dash in :3_::P:,:3_::P:,:6::P::P::4::6::P: on middle weights((dmg 67,close hit 81)
:6::P+K:, dash in:3_::P:,:6::P::P::4::6::P: on super heavies(dmg 60, close hit 74)

clear.png

Lulu

:3_::P: is definitely vital for eliot and i'd go as far to say that no one should bother with Eliot at all unless you get it down pat. Eliots damage output is mediocre without being able to extend his combos with :3_::P: especially after the damage buff it got in LR so you'll be sacrificing damn near 10-15points of damage on all his bnb combos without it
clear.png

Thats pretty much how I feel about that move.... can't play Eliot without it.
Alot of Characters have moves like that, another example would be Gen Fu's :3_::P: ironically.

KING JAIMY

also
Damn good guide @ColonelColver but you left out his :6::P+K:,Its a good whiff punisher and is technically his only NH launcher since it causes a bound that allows him to combo off of. for example he can do

:6::P+K:, dash in :3_::P:,:3_::P:,:3::P::P::P::K: on light weights(dmg 72,close hit 86)
:6::P+K:, dash in :3_::P:,:3_::P:,:6::P::P::4::6::P: on middle weights((dmg 67,close hit 81)
:6::P+K:, dash in:3_::P:,:6::P::P::4::6::P: on super heavies(dmg 60, close hit 74)

clear.png
6P+K is also a very reliable wall splat, if I may say so.

ColonelColver

clear.png
Thank you, Fork! I definitely agree with the whiff punishment portion. But 33P also launches on NH. 33P grants Eliot i3P, 2P+K46P against mid weights, which deals 59 damage. It is rather good for getting a lengthy combo from NH, but for me, the combo is near impossible to do after whiff punishing someone. I generally whiff punish with 66K or 66P+K, which both cannot be thrown on block and are sufficient for stun game or further spacing games.

ColonelColver

6P+K is also a very reliable wall splat, if I may say so.
This is mainly what I use 6P+K for most of the time. If Eliot has you in stun, and your back is to the wall, you have to guess from a lot of options he has to wall splat you. 6P+K, 3K, 66K, 9K, 8K, and few others. This kind of information will be put in a future edit to the guide, under "Set-Ups", subtitled "Wall Pressure".

Armin

I'm not sure if I'll say this correctly but would Eliot's K2P or (:K::2::P:) work well for a mix-up? I don't use that often but it seems to throw people off guard sometimes.

ColonelColver

I'm not sure if I'll say this correctly but would Eliot's K2P or (:K::2::P:) work well for a mix-up? I don't use that often but it seems to throw people off guard sometimes.
I'll have to say no to this because unless you're directly in front of their face, the 2P portion of the string will whiff, it has very short range. K2P is also -3 on NH, and both follow ups from K can be fuzzy guarded, as one is a low and the other is a high.

Armin

I'll have to say no to this because unless you're directly in front of their face, the 2P portion of the string will whiff, it has very short range. K2P is also -3 on NH, and both follow ups from K can be fuzzy guarded, as one is a low and the other is a high.

Ohhh alright makes sense thanks for the clarification.

Lulu

Ohhh alright makes sense thanks for the clarification.

That doesn't mean its useless though, when the situatio calls for it then don't be afraid to break it out. ;)

Or better yet, bait the scenario you want and force it to be useful.

Armin

That doesn't mean its useless though, when the situatio calls for it then don't be afraid to break it out. ;)

Or better yet, bait the scenario you want and force it to be useful.

I'll keep that in mind also ^_^!

ChaolanLegacy

Nice guide,really made me learn a few things about the character,like what would I need to focus on if I use him,and what I need to look out for if I'm fighting against him.Only thing that I have to do is find some good Eliots so that I can practice different match-ups to expand this newly acquired knowledge.Looking forward to the extra free dlc in the guide :).

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
I know.... I can't do that one with either... I think I already mentioned that in your thread.....
That method is harder because it overlaps with my difficulfy with regular :4::4:/:1::1:/:2::2:/:3::3:/:6::6:/:9::9:/:8::8:/:7::7: Type inputs..... adding an extra step borders on the impossible for my thumbs to do on the Analogue Stick.... thats why I have never ever been able to do Hayabusa's :6::6::6::P:, its way too many steps. I don't think even Master uses that move. Maybe I've seen it once because I've seen him do Hayabusa's Handstand after bouncing the opponent off the floor like that.... it was pretty cool. :oops:

As a former analog player, I strongly suggest switching to pad or anytime a double direction comes up you will be taking a risk of a mixed input fucking you up. it also greatly helps with footsies since you can dash much easier. you can always switch to analog for stuff like izuna.

Lulu

As a former analog player, I strongly suggest switching to pad or anytime a double direction comes up you will be taking a risk of a mixed input fucking you up. it also greatly helps with footsies since you can dash much easier. you can always switch to analog for stuff like izuna.

I know, Sweetness.... one day perhaps. Just not anytime soon. :(

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD