Characters Eliot Guide by Colver

ColonelColver

Actually, if I may- 8P is actually an amazing launcher. That is; if you know how to use it properly. It's essentially a higher launch after a CB than 8K, but doesn't wall splat. It's also a lot more lenient timing than say, 9K or 33P. Best part about 8P? Well, aside from it being a lift stun, only -5 on block, I might add- since the launch height is so high, on lightweights, you can actually get a CB and do 8P, i3P, i3P, i3P, 3PPPK. Your timing with i3P, of course, does have to be stellar. One final thing, 8P is unslowescapable after P4PP, as it's only i15.

KING JAIMY

Well yeah thats nice and all but...... but its a High Punch.... :(
That's not really a problem in stun because they can't duck or high crush anyway.

Plus 8P can be used in multiple ways. Besides using it as a launcher, you can also use it as a lift stun. I Always like to do it twice in a row because if you do two lift stuns in a row the second one launches. Feels very satisfying doing 8P > 8P > 3_P > 4PPPP46P.

Lulu

That's not really a problem in stun because they can't duck or high crush anyway.

Plus 8P can be used in multiple ways. Besides using it as a launcher, you can also use it as a lift stun. I Always like to do it twice in a row because if you do two lift stuns in a row the second one launches. Feels very satisfying doing 8P > 8P > 3_P > 4PPPP46P.
They can still low hold out of it.... my favourite High Launcher is Jacky's Flash Sword Kick. Its kinda hard to beat that.... its just too good.

Lulu

So I've been thinking.... What are Eliots Best Moves to Wall Splat With ?

:6::P+K: Seems to be really Good and it also seems to recover faster..... perhaps its just my Imagination.

On lighter weight classes :2::P+K: and :3::K: seem to be just as Good but the latter strike needs to be Freecancelled since its Highly Delayable.

So my fellow Fisties..... what do you use when just can Use :6::P+K: ?

KING JAIMY

6P+K is the wall splat I use two thirds of the time, lol. Anyway, 3K, PPP (or any related string such as 6PPP, 3PPPP, etc.), K, 9K, 4K and H+K are viable wall splats. Pretty sure there are more but I can't check at the moment.

Lulu

Hey Thanks.... completely forgot about those. I've been using :6::6::K:.

See everything I know about Eliot is from watching Emperor Cow's Combo Video. Which is sad because his Command List is has a lot more.

As always I'l test these on Gen Fu and they will naturally work on everyone else (except for the obvious Extreme Super Heavy and Feather Weights

Lulu

:K: and:4::K: seem to be what works best for me.... but if the wall is further away I'l :6::6::K: instead...... if I have the advantage for it.

XxNoriakixX

Hey guys, how exactly do you input his :3_::P: ? Like :6::6::3::P:, but do you go back to neutral after hitting the 66 before inputting 3? I could do it better on pad and I only got it when i slide down to 3 without a neutral input. Now I am on a stick because of Akira and can't to it anymore.. Outside of a combo I can do it 10 times in a row but not when it matters. Is there a special timing or do I have to buffer the 66 at the end of a move?

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Hey guys, how exactly do you input his :3_::P: ? Like :6::6::3::P:, but do you go back to neutral after hitting the 66 before inputting 3? I could do it better on pad and I only got it when i slide down to 3 without a neutral input. Now I am on a stick because of Akira and can't to it anymore.. Outside of a combo I can do it 10 times in a row but not when it matters. Is there a special timing or do I have to buffer the 66 at the end of a move?
An easy way to do it consistently is to just hold down 3 and then do the P input in rhythm for a combo although I don't know if you can do the max number of choryos with this method

Lulu

An easy way to do it consistently is to just hold down 3 and then do the P input in rhythm for a combo although I don't know if you can do the max number of choryos with this method
Not really.... I mean if your timing is really good then you can do his Power Launcher Combo Challenge like that but I notice theres a limit to how useful this is in other situations.

The Requirements for that move are actually pretty simple:

Requirement 1: you must be crouching to be able to pull it off.

Requirement 2: the :3_: direction must be held... not tapped. (The input log won't show you the difference)

See ? Pretty simple.. and if you were playing Virtua Fighter then you wouldn't even need to worry because the only way you could do this type of move in juggles would be using :2::P: before doing the move.... otherwise it would be impossible to do.

Unfortunately Team Ninja decided to add an Input Shortcut that would allow you to do While Crouching moves... and thats where things get difficult.

So here how it works...

Yes it is possible to perform Eliot/Gen Fu's :3_::P: faster by using the (:6::3_:) input shortcut.... but the key here is that it won't let you buffer the move.... I think thats the part that gets people confused... they think they can buffer it but really you can't.... the shortcut merely allows it to come out faster than it normally would.

So as far as I can tell the way they want to do it is to input :6::3_: in the recovery of your previous move... and then while you're holding :3_:, Tap :P: at the moment Eliot/Gen Fu recovers from that animation.

Think of it this way, the :6::3_: can be buffered but the :P: must be Linked.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Not really.... I mean if your timing is really good then you can do his Power Launcher Combo Challenge like that but I notice theres a limit to how useful this is in other situations.

The Requirements for that move are actually pretty simple:

Requirement 1: you must be crouching to be able to pull it off.

Requirement 2: the :3_: direction must be held... not tapped. (The input log won't show you the difference)

See ? Pretty simple.. and if you were playing Virtua Fighter then you wouldn't even need to worry because the only way you could do this type of move in juggles would be using :2::P: before doing the move.... otherwise it would be impossible to do.

Unfortunately Team Ninja decided to add an Input Shortcut that would allow you to do While Crouching moves... and thats where things get difficult.

So here how it works...

Yes it is possible to perform Eliot/Gen Fu's :3_::P: faster by using the (:6::3_:) input shortcut.... but the key here is that it won't let you buffer the move.... I think thats the part that gets people confused... they think they can buffer it but really you can't.... the shortcut merely allows it to come out faster than it normally would.

So as far as I can tell the way they want to do it is to input :6::3_: in the recovery of your previous move... and then while you're holding :3_:, Tap :P: at the moment Eliot/Gen Fu recovers from that animation.

Think of it this way, the :6::3_: can be buffered but the :P: must be Linked.
Yeah I don't mean it works for everything but unless you're one of those players who have to choryo as many times as you can I feel you don't need it. Someone here a while ago even said that you "can't master Eliot or be effective with him without the move". I disagree with that honestly, it's useful but you don't absolutely need it for everything

Nikotsumi

Yeah, you can pretty much not use his Choryo. Though you have o keep in mind that this way you're losing A LOT of guaranteed (juggle) damage, without it his damage output is kinda meh.

Anyway here's the way I do it : when you don't have to do it right away, like after his PL or :236::H+P:, I just hold :3: and then press :P: when the time comes; keep :3: pressed I have to do it multiple times. (:3_::P:)
When you have to make this move connect right after a certain launcher (e.g. :9::K:, :8::K:, :3::3::P:) I input :6::6::3: :P:
Also, it is just me or it's really hard to make it connect after :3::3::P:? Don't have that much problems with his other launchers.

ColonelColver

Yeah, you can pretty much not use his Choryo. Though you have o keep in mind that this way you're losing A LOT of guaranteed (juggle) damage, without it his damage output is kinda meh.

Anyway here's the way I do it : when you don't have to do it right away, like after his PL or :236::H+P:, I just hold :3: and then press :P: when the time comes; keep :3: pressed I have to do it multiple times. (:3_::P:)
When you have to make this move connect right after a certain launcher (e.g. :9::K:, :8::K:, :3::3::P:) I input :6::6::3: :P:
Also, it is just me or it's really hard to make it connect after :3::3::P:? Don't have that much problems with his other launchers.
not just you, 33p's recovery makes it hard to connect the first choryo.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD