English Patch Notes for 1.05 and Save Data Issues

UPDATE: See the embedded image below for Team NINJA's response to hanging issues and a community-provided workaround as an alternative to the original export option.

Community, the English patch notes for version 1.05 have been released. Follow the link below for the full list, but I've included an important note regarding the patch from Team NINJA as well as the general system changes.

"This version contains mostly bug fixes and minor balance changes, without any general overarching goal. Based on comments from players, we took a look at the play style of each character and adjusted specific points which we felt were too strong or weak."

• Data added for new character Marie Rose. (Playable after an unlock key is purchased)
  • New stage Lorelei added.
  • 19 titles added for Marie Rose.
  • 3 victory movies and 1 defeat movie added for Marie Rose.
  • "Bloody Nocturne" and "Blood Tie ~DOA5 Ultimate mix~" added to Music.
  • System for saving replay data changed for compatibility with various patch changes. Replays saved in Ver. 1.05 will not be playable in previous versions.
Full patch notes are located here.

There is also an issue currently affecting some Xbox 360 users post-1.05/Marie Rose download. If you are affected, your save data will refuse to load and the game will not progress to the main menu after Storage Device selection occurs. If this happens, DO NOT delete your save data at this time. While this will allow you to load into the game, your save data is not actually corrupted. Removing the patch and playing offline should allow you to continue to use your existing save, indicating the issue isn't with your save data but rather the game having difficulty loading it in version 1.05.

Alternatively:
Here's a workaround provided by a poster on SRK that doesn't require you to move or delete your save:
"Glad it's not just me then. I've found a way to get through it though. When it happens, I just restart the console then log into another account, then load the game up again. This usually gets me through the loading screen, then I sign back in to my regular account and it loads properly."

So on boot log in on a profile that does not have a save or has a successful save of 1.05, then once making it past the loading, sign out then sign in as your regular profile with the problematic save.

Can anyone confirm?

Team NINJA has been made aware of the problem and you can see their response below. For now if you want to play the new version, do so on a different/new Gamertag or make a new save only after backing up your current save elsewhere. The chances are good that the underlying cause can be found and corrected, thereby not permanently rendering your existing save useless.

20140327-182134.jpg

If you have any questions or additional problems, please discuss them right here in the Comments section.

Last edited:
I havent this patch yet this is not the problem but why do you mean with " New Stage Lorelei added " ? We had lorelei before marie and the patch came o-O or I am wrong ?

I havent this patch yet this is not the problem but why do you mean with " New Stage Lorelei added " ? We had lorelei before marie and the patch came o-O or I am wrong ?

No, we only had the Halloween Lorelei stage, and now they've added a undecorated version of it, without pumpkins and all this stuff.

VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR XBOX PLAYERS! In DOA5U menu screen there is an info, that issues with loading save data happen to players who changed voice system to Marie. So don't do it! They also apologize for it and tell to wait for further announcements.

Here's a workaround provided by a poster on SRK that doesn't require you to move or delete your save:
"Glad it's not just me then. I've found a way to get through it though. When it happens, I just restart the console then log into another account, then load the game up again. This usually gets me through the loading screen, then I sign back in to my regular account and it loads properly."

So on boot log in on a profile that does not have a save or has a successful save of 1.05, then once making it past the loading, sign out then sign in as your regular profile with the problematic save.

Can anyone confirm?

I find out easier one. It works, I tested it. So, load the game but DO NOT CHOOSE A DEVICE, just accept that you don't want to save your progress. When you will be in main menu, log out. It will take you to title screen. Then log in again and select normally your save data. I hope it's easy to understand, if you've got any questions just ask here.

Last edited:
Yeah i had the same issue and actually deleted my save ;_;

See though, I had two saves (for some reason) and thought that deleting one would fix the issue, but i apparantly deleted the wrong (main) save. Otherwise though, going offline works (you dont have to remove the patch)

Also: im on 360, and will have to check out the marie rose voice option thing as i havent unlocked that yet.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD