Event: Japanese Tournament Qualifier in Korea

The Dead or Alive 5 upcoming Japanese Tournament just held some qualifiers in the country of Korea. Watching the grand finals you can get a very different look of a match from what you may be accustomed to for online matches or even early rounds of offline tournaments. If you watch carefully you can actually feel the tension between both players as spacing and each attack really feels like it matters. Definitely a fun grand finals to watch, and look(!) no Jann Lee or Ayane!

I wish I could see more international play. Perhaps that may come true now that Dead or Alive 5 has been picked up by the IGN Pro League. Best of luck to "TestTeam" in the Japanese Tournament.

Oh my gosh. That Akira execution was such a beautiful sight to behold @w@

Those were definitely some very fun finals matches to watch. I was rooting for Akira, so I was a wee bit disappointed at the results. Ah well, at least I picked up a few new tricks from watching this XD

Pretty decent Akira player. The techniques need work but knee execution was superb. The Kokoro player was respecting him way too much though, Akira was getting guard break after guard break when the Kokoro player should have just kept attacking. The matchup after all is indeed in Kokoro's favor.

I forgot to mention, I think I might be missing something here. Both players have been getting Critical Burst on the 2nd or 3rd hits. It usually takes me up until the 4th hit to actually land one. I haven't played this game in a loooooong while, but does this have something to do with the patch or was it just like that all along and I overlooked it? It honestly confused me x_x

Some characters like Kokoro, Lisa, Pai , Alpha and others can get a CB after a 2 or 3 hits depending on the string you use to set it up with.

Also THAT JUST KNEE THO!

Akira can get CB in '3 hits" as well. His guard break adds 2 points to CB, 16F+P adds 1 point.

Akira can get CB in '3 hits" as well. His guard break adds 2 points to CB, 16F+P adds 1 point.
I gotta remember to try this out in the lab. When I start playing again, I oughtta check the Akira boards to see if I missed out on anything vital.

The Dead or Alive 5 upcoming Japanese Tournament just held some qualifiers in the country of Korea. Watching the grand finals you can get a very different look of a match from what you may be accustomed to for online matches or even early rounds of offline tournaments. If you watch carefully you can actually feel the tension between both players as spacing and each attack really feels like it matters. Definitely a fun grand finals to watch, and look(!) no Jann Lee or Ayane!

I wish I could see more international play. Perhaps that may come true now that Dead or Alive 5 has been picked up by the IGN Pro League. Best of luck to "TestTeam" in the Japanese Tournament.

Great match !!But it seems like to me that both players are playing the game how you would play VF5 in competitive play . There wasn't a lot of throws being used to punish wiff counters. I saw a lot of sidesteps,spacing, blocking, and counter hold use to get out of stuns. Basically these guys were playing VF5 in DOA5. Which is ok but against american players a good chunk of those wiffed counter holds would of gotten punished by throws.Even though I did see a lot of critical burst use in the match which is good.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD