Experience playing online with Brad

dramic91

K, I've gotten some ridiculous responses for playing Bradley online. I was just wondering what other Brad players' experiences have been like online. I feel people are hostile as hell towards Brad players and get shamefully salty when beaten by Brad.

Patrick Wimmer

Standard Donor
I started playing Brad online for only like a month or so and i don't win that often, but I was in a lobby where I think most of the players there had just started playing. I started to get a win-streak against them, and for some reason some of the players started spamming moves over and over again. So naturally I counter hold them easily.

They didn't use textchat or anything, they didn't even send a mail to my PSN filled with salt.
I think that's the only "response" i have gotten when I have played brad.

Demoth

I'm not an authority on Brad despite him being the only character I know... despite hitting S on DOA 4 and climbing my way into 5 before Ultimate came out (can never find ranked fights in ultimate) I know nothing of frame data, just what feels right.

But Brad online is really frustrating because Brad takes a lot of expert timing to pull off his longer combos, he's slow, everything he does is unsafe and too many characters have pics - easy juggles (I hate you Jann Lee).

As soon as a little lag hits, you miss your combos or his moves become painfully easy to see before they execute and now your stuff is getting blocked or you're getting countered.

Tulkas

Premium Donor
I only play offline but I've have got a lot of blame because Brad. Specially from people which uses to eat same shit again and again. It's commonly the kind people who don't stop and ask theyselves "what am I doing wrong", so the don't use mistakes to improve as players. So I keep easily exploiting their weakness on and on... Some of they get really upset and quit playing.

Tones

Premium Donor
Because they are scumbags and in terms of frame data, you can get away with way too much BS online.

Dark_Ky

i need advice vs online scrub tatics:

is a lowthrow guaranteed aganst 126P on block or there a guessing game afterwards? when i try to lowthrow i get beaten by a midkick for a combo online..

2H+K~K: every online brads wet dream. whats the best way to deal with this string on hit?

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
i need advice vs online scrub tatics:

is a lowthrow guaranteed aganst 126P on block or there a guessing game afterwards? when i try to lowthrow i get beaten by a midkick for a combo online..

2H+K~K: every online brads wet dream. whats the best way to deal with this string on hit?

Some hold high on reaction some hold low. He's got the low follow up outside the high and a straight stance transition from the first kick. If he baits the low hold, the player might for a low throw to beat the hold. In best case situation if you manage to block the first kick, do not stand up to block the second high kick unless you're Bass with BT OHs and want to force mixups.

Correct me if he doesn't actually have a mid follow up or the second low kick, but as far as I remember, you're mostly safe if you keep blocking low, and respond accordingly.

Generally, if you have a low OH, he should have less of a problem pressuring you. For Brad, it's mostly a case of mixing it up to not die.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD