EXPORTING ISSUE

mewnclan

im trying to add a bow to a hairstyle and blender exports the tmcmesh perfectly up until its rigged tot he armature, every other rigging/exporting has been successful except for this one, any thoughts/ suggestions?? not sure why its just the current project im on thats having the issue
bleh.png

otakadelic

It because total number of BlendIndex exceeds its limit(255, if I correct).
From my (limited) understanding, each Object Group can have 255 at maximum. This error will happen if you add or adjust weight info but TMC's spec is up to 255 per group. Some of Hair.TMC have higher number by default.
Solutions are vary like:
- Create new Object Group then put new object(s) to the newly created group(in this case a bow).
- Reduce existing BlnedIndex number but tricky and bit complicated to neutralize side effects.
- Insert new Object (a bow) to body.TMC, instead of Hair.TMC. (Check the target body.TMC's BlenderIndex has sufficient capacity.)
You can check the exact value by TMC Object Tool.

mewnclan

It because total number of BlendIndex exceeds its limit(255, if I correct).
From my (limited) understanding, each Object Group can have 255 at maximum. This error will happen if you add or adjust weight info but TMC's spec is up to 255 per group. Some of Hair.TMC have higher number by default.
Solutions are vary like:
- Create new Object Group then put new object(s) to the newly created group(in this case a bow).
- Reduce existing BlnedIndex number but tricky and bit complicated to neutralize side effects.
- Insert new Object (a bow) to body.TMC, instead of Hair.TMC. (Check the target body.TMC's BlenderIndex has sufficient capacity.)
You can check the exact value by TMC Object Tool.

well i exported is at a tmc mesh and the bow was from a ripped dlc costume so it should already work inn the game, but after i add weights it just craps out, and im trying to add it in as a hair option :v

otakadelic

well i exported is at a tmc mesh and the bow was from a ripped dlc costume so it should already work inn the game, but after i add weights it just craps out, and im trying to add it in as a hair option :v

The suspect of the issue is already within your reply, add (or change) weight setting. When identified the suspect, then solution is almost within range. Tricky part is Blender doesn't know what BlendIndex is and its limit number. On DOA5LR side, TMC file doesn't expect exceeding the limit.
So this is the case the human being (I mean the modder) have to adjust and glue together manually.
I believe there is a reason(s) you tried to add a bow to Hair.TMC, not body.TMC. So, try first and second solutions I suggested in above reply.
If none of them work, then consider the third.

mewnclan

The suspect of the issue is already within your reply, add (or change) weight setting. When identified the suspect, then solution is almost within range. Tricky part is Blender doesn't know what BlendIndex is and its limit number. On DOA5LR side, TMC file doesn't expect exceeding the limit.
So this is the case the human being (I mean the modder) have to adjust and glue together manually.
I believe there is a reason(s) you tried to add a bow to Hair.TMC, not body.TMC. So, try first and second solutions I suggested in above reply.
If none of them work, then consider the third.

i checked the vertices tab and apparently after the first weight transfer after i retried it multiple times it wasnt overwriting the names just adding more so i had to delete like an extra 5 duplicates of each one n then reweight it, worked now ty

otakadelic

i checked the vertices tab and apparently after the first weight transfer after i retried it multiple times it wasnt overwriting the names just adding more so i had to delete like an extra 5 duplicates of each one n then reweight it, worked now ty

No Problem. I'm glad you solved this particular issue, one of very hard to find the answer. Few can notice from the error dialog of Blender("Byte must be in range of 0 to 256"??? Whata heck of this?), and absolutely Tecmo/KOEI won't provide any clues. You made one step forward and this step is huge one.
I'm looking forward your mod!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD