DOA5LR Facts

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
giphy.gif
Am I wrong? I mean, you have to take into your account your knowledge of how to use and how to deal with character, gauge skill gap between you and your opponent etc. I wouldn't call it even but if that's case...
giphy (5).gif

(Took me FOREVER to find this gif in all the 2000+ pics I have in my gallery...)

Also here's a new fact XD

-Brute disagrees with roughly 7/10 of Kasumilover's gameplay mechanics/MU opinions

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Well, because when you're talking about character matchups, you're specifically referring to the tools of just the characters themselves, not the abilities of the players behind the characters. So yes, a mirror match is always an even 5-5 from a purely character standpoint.

Obviously though, if one player is much better than another with the same character, the match will largely be in favor of the superior player, but from a player matchup standpoint, not a character matchup standpoint.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Another fact:

-Mid punch hold is the most used hold
-low punch holds are probably the least used hold

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Another fact:

-Mid punch hold is the most used hold
-low punch holds are probably the least used hold

Low holds the least most used? nah. High holds could be the least most used since most highs within the game are usually faster than the mids or lows. Low holds are even used for crutch moments to avoid slow high follow ups or throws hilariously.

I mean, in between those 3 I meant.

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Low holds the least most used? nah. High holds could be the least most used since most highs within the game are usually faster than the mids or lows. Low holds are even used for crutch moments to avoid slow high follow ups or throws hilariously.
Oh I mean literal low punch holds, the hold in general yeah I agree and especially low kick holds since that's one of the two possible wake up kicks. But the actual punch hold for the characters you don't see too often

Also:
- If you watch someone's replay and their opponent is wearing their default outfit, there's 3/4 a chance that the player who uploaded the replay didn't download a specific DLC catalog so you won't see what the opponent really wore

-The game seems to crash alot more often on difficulties ranging from easy to normal on the Azuchi stage

-Azuchi, Fireworks, and The Attack on Titan Stage take the longest to load up

- If you do Honoka's power launcher to end the match, it'll result in the upskirt wind glitch, do it again and the glitch will revert

- If you repeatedly press pause and play and stop the game at JUST the right moment before it goes to the victory pose, you'll get the camera stage glitch discovered by yours truly :p >>>http://www.freestepdodge.com/media/stage-transition-dangerzone-camera-glitch-exploit.12221/media

Brute

Standard Donor
Honestly, my guess would be that expert high kick holds are the least common hit-level hold type. Against Helena and Ayane, for example, I fairly regularly go for reads on low punches, but even when I'm a character with an expert high-kick hold (lei and Marie) I rarely ever make the attempt.

Camel with 2 thumbs

Lei fang players have never found a use for sidestepping
If a players' character roster consists of Helena, Christie, Kokoro, and Rachel they are probably a tournament player or has aspirations to be one
Kokoro mains never complain, 'cause ain't nothing to complain about when you main Kokoro

Facts

Chapstick

-Azuchi, Fireworks, and The Attack on Titan Stage take the longest to load up
I've only noticed a super long load times with Azuchi and Crimson
Honestly, my guess would be that expert high kick holds are the least common hit-level hold type. Against Helena and Ayane, for example, I fairly regularly go for reads on low punches, but even when I'm a character with an expert high-kick hold (lei and Marie) I rarely ever make the attempt.
You're absolutely right, I've done a fair amount of expert high kick holds but 99% of them were fortunate accidents when I input 46H sloppily.

Coincidentally Ayane and Helena are the only two characters I've ever purposefully used expert high k holds on.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I've only noticed a super long load times with Azuchi and Crimson

You're absolutely right, I've done a fair amount of expert high kick holds but 99% of them were fortunate accidents when I input 46H sloppily.

Coincidentally Ayane and Helena are the only two characters I've ever purposefully used expert high k holds on.
It happens to me on my ps4 at least

There's also something weird that happens, If I disconnect the game from wifi and try to boot it up, about 1/3 of the time it'll be stuck on the menu loading title screen which is really annoying.

-Also Marie's Rose's Minuet is the bane of everyone's existence online

Sotherius

OK.... Time to drop the truth bombs, the real facts, only legit stuff!!!!

1 - DOA5LR is a game developed by Team Ninja.
2- DOA5LR has 36 playable characters total, 2 of them being DLC only.
3 - DOA5LR has 9 playable ninja characters, really a Team Ninja game.
4 - DOA5LR is set in the same universe as the ninja gaiden series, funnily enough, gaiden means sidestory, and the modern ninja gaiden games can be seem as sidestories of ryu hayabusa, one of the main characters of the series. Even more funny when the original NES ninja gaiden games didn't have that name in japan, but only on western release, and the modern ninja gaiden series actually has the ninja gaiden in the title.
5 - The game features almost all characters that were once playable in all DOA games, having missing only 4 characters, bankotsubo, omega, shiden and kasumi alfa.
6 - Marie Rose is 18 years old.
7 - DOA5LR is one of the few PS4 fighting games that doesn't feature the driver made by lab zero (developers of skullgirls) and distributed for free to allow ps3 arcade sticks to run on ps4, probably because the driver was made after the game's release.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I still find it funny how people doubt her age, that's like looking at Lili from Tekken and doubt that she's 16 all because she looks more mature XD

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
OK.... Time to drop the truth bombs, the real facts, only legit stuff!!!!

7 - DOA5LR is one of the few PS4 fighting games that doesn't feature the driver made by lab zero (developers of skullgirls) and distributed for free to allow ps3 arcade sticks to run on ps4, probably because the driver was made after the game's release.

It's called Legacy Support, KOF and Tekken uses a driver that isn't made by lab zero (DreamGEAR and NAMlbb). It even allows you to use older USB functions in general, such as a PS3 controller on a PS4 or older fight pads within that game only. Skullgirls was the first one to do it, but companies are not taking it from them if they are the ones coming up with their own legacy support.

EDIT: Actually, I can imagine TN coming up with a name for it. DOATEC something something lol.

------------------------

Facts

- Every Raidou player shoots a fireball at least once when both players are far away from each other on screen.

Last edited:

Sotherius

Skullgirls was the first one to do it, but companies are not taking it from them if they are the ones coming up with their own legacy support.
Hmmm... i knew the labzero driver was being used on all NRS games and capcom games as well (and i think recent versions of guilty gear as well?). Didn't know other companies had the work to do it again, when they released it for free.

Thanks for the info.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
- When you beat a random opponent with Ayane online, they will salt-pick Ayane against you regardless of how long you've used her
- Increase odds by 50% if the match was a laggy piece of shit

Facts.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
- A match consisting of Leifang vs Hitomi is known as a "cabbage match" or a "cabbage fight."

- The highest level of play possible in DOA5LR is a Nyotengu vs Radiou match, in which both players immediately back as far away from each other as possible and spam wind and Torn Sky Blast. Well... that, or a Leon mirror on Home.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD