With the imminent release of DOA6 drawing ever closer to us, I think it's time we take a dive into what Jann Lee is going to be like in DOA6.
As of now, this thread is going to majorly revolve around theorizing and discussing potential changes and possibilities for JL in the upcoming game. Strategies, combos, tech and general discussion will come along as we get more info until the actual hands on time with the game.
For starters; here's a full list of all confirmed changes for Jann Lee in DOA6, this is of course subject to change in the near future:
- : It's back to pre-DOA4 Dragon Cannon bois! Mashing on the punch button will give you the old string. It is left to see if the properties of the move are still the same.
- : New move. The string ends in a animation. The recovery animation that usually happens upon a on hit does not apply to this move, this means it will be aptly functional for post combo pressure. Standing does no longer wall splat, this means is a potential wall combo post-wall splat. Supposedly, in various builds of the game, this move was actually +13. It more than likely was meant to be the other way around, but pray that this stays in the real game, lolololol.
- : New ''Bound'' property was added to the last hit. This will be JL's re-launching move for DOA6.
- : Added a Dragon Stance (DS) transition.
- Backturned (BT) : New move. This is the old animation of re-purposed as a high launcher from BT.
- : New move. Potential i10 throw. Has a wall splat property. Leaves the opponent downed, left to see what the situation is post-throw.
- Dragon Stance (DS) : Jann Lee has the ability to transition into his Fatal Rush from stance.
- Dragon Stance (DS) : New move. Low from stance that leads into . It's been confirmed to be a natural combo. It is not clear if the last hit can transition into DS. Has a wall splat property.
- Dragon Stance (DS) : This move is now DOA5's old DS .
- Dragon Stance (DS) : This move is now DOA5's old DS , as you can see, these two moves have had their inputs reversed in DOA6.
- Dragon Stance (DS) : New move. A follow up to Dragon Cluster, 5 highs into 5 mids. Natural Combo and it jails on block. Leads to a gut stun on hit. Guaranteed after DS .
- Dragon Stance (DS) : New move. Final follow up to the new string. Safe Guard Break on block. Has a wall splat property.
Aside from these changes. There have been some overall frame numbers and property changes flying about, nothing concrete though, so for the sake of conciseness I won't post them here.
As for supplementary material, here's some general gameplay and breakdowns of what we have so far:
Feel free to join in with any speculation or questions related to the subject. It's a new game and it is time to get together again and discuss how cheap JL is going to be in DOA6, lolololol.