[Feb 21, 2014] Winter Brawl 8 (essington, pa)

The HuBBs

1. WINTER BRAWL 8

DATE:...
    2/21/2014 – 2/23/2014

76 Industrial Highway, Essington Pa 19029
    *Hotel discount rate coming soon*

SPONSORS:

Big E Gaming

Team Sp00ky

Team TFC

The Steam Co.

GAMES:

UMvC3
    SSF4:AE v2012
    BB:CP
    P4A
    GG:AC+R
    Injustice
    Killer Instinct
    TTT2
    SC5
    KoF13
    DoA5:U

RULES:
    Can be found on www.bigegaming.com

REGISTRATION/FEES:

http://bigegaming.com/pre-registration/

Online Venue Registration: $35

At The Door Venue Registration: $50

Spectator Fee: $20

SCHEDULE:

2/21
    Team tournaments for UMvC3, SSF4:AE v2012, Killer Instinct, Injustice, SC5.

2/22
    Singles tournaments for all games

2/23
    Finals

STREAMS:

Main Stream: Team Sp00ky

2nd Stream: Bifuteki

MK9 & Injustice Stream: Kombat Network

Anime Stream: Team St1ckbug

Eric “Big E” Small
    (267)-231-8996
    Eric2necphilly@yahoo.com

Zack “Kattermari” Kattermann
    (201)-650-1318
    kattermari@gmail.com

Robert “Hubbs Doctor” Hubbs
    (610)-573-8305
    hubbsdoctor@gmail.com

————————

WB8 taxi numbers:

To help you guys get around town for cheap:

Joe: 215-326-9753

Tee: 215-888-7860

If you need a ride hit one of them up.

Last edited:

The HuBBs

Here is the Room Discount number:

610- 521- 9600 ask for reservation and make Reservation under Winter Brawl.

The rooms will go super FAST DONT WAIT.

THEY WILL NOT CHARGE YOUR CARD TO RESERVE A ROOM.

Rate change:

$99 for Single.

$99 for double

$119 for triple.

$129 quad.

Things have changed.

Please don't have 8-12 people in one room that's nasty lol lol.

We sold 378 room for WB7 last year at the Holiday Inn. DONT mess up and miss out.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Keep in mind guys, the more people who pre-register, the chance of us getting on the primary stream increases.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I think the "tall" part would say you aren't Rikuto.

or maybe he is considered tall, just that he's shorter than me so I don't think he would be considered tall.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Just a reminder to participants, at this current time Big E Gaming events have the 360 -> PS3 converter called the "Cronus" banned.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
The adapter I use.
PC: http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Adapter-XBOX360-PS3-PS2-USB/dp/B0089OBLDO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1391974063&sr=8-3&keywords=controller adapter
Mobile: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0089OBLDO?cache=5c83bbb4d15138e3651855d62def0e9a

Cheap and very reliable.

Not Chronus but plugging a PS3 controller into an XBox360 requires a wired 360 control. I've lent this out at previous events and nobody has had any issues with it, myself included when I lose a control at home and use my 360 control on my PS3. Extremely minimal lag (I don't notice any) and has a turbo function.

Be nice with the adaptor (like any wired control) and it will last you a good while

Last edited:

Jaeger

The adapter I use.
PC: http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Adapter-XBOX360-PS3-PS2-USB/dp/B0089OBLDO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1391974063&sr=8-3&keywords=controller adapter
Mobile: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0089OBLDO?cache=5c83bbb4d15138e3651855d62def0e9a

Cheap and very reliable.

Not Chronus but plugging a PS3 controller into an XBox360 requires a wired 360 control. I've lent this out at previous events and nobody has had any issues with it, myself included when I lose a control at home and use my 360 control on my PS3. Extremely minimal lag (I don't notice any) and has a turbo function.

Be nice with the adaptor (like any wired control) and it will last you a good while
just ordered this convertor cuz i have a chronus...oh n zero check ur inbox for conversations or whatever i left my #. hmu n let me know how much it will b for room n all that good stuff...

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor

• Eric Small
    We did this over a month ago. Even the company said most of the unite are bad. Sorry.​
  • Lei Juan
    Cronus has been banned from multiple events by multiple organizers the problems have varied from random controller dc's to causing input lag on the console. There have been multiple problems and even the company has declared defective units.​
  • John Cao
    In response to that, the developers are planning to make another one where it's tourney legal​
  • Eric Small
    Yes. We had a great conversation with them. I believe in the company and can't wait.​

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Any last minute people looking for a room?
Talk to Jaeger.

I won't be able to make it this weekend. I'm needed for emergency electrical work all day tomorrow and after that i need to do some necessary truck repairs. Good luck everybody, hopefully I'll see you guys next Big E event.

SlothFacts

Not sure what everyone's FSD user names are, so I'm not even gonna try tagging. But shout-outs to @BBoyDragon for his unique brand of coaching and for being a pal all weekend, to @Gill Hustle for sharing his sagely Ayane wisdom and indirectly getting me hooked on perler sprite lanyards, and to KP Darkstar for crushing my confidence before the tournament had even begun by beating me something like 12-1 and then telling me it was his first DoA tournament. Shout-outs to @Requiem, @Jaeger, @Mr.Kwiggle, and @IMMERW0LF just for being cool people. Shout-outs to @SonicFox5000 for accepting challenges in a game he had like an hour of experience with. Shout-outs to Bifuteki and Avylon for streaming/recording what they could. Shout-outs to anyone I played or hung out with and somehow missed in the wall of shout-out text. Shout-outs to shout-outs.

In short: that was fun. We should do it again sometime!

(Sorry in advance if this volume of shout-outs proves too much for the servers to handle. I just don't know when to stop.)

Last edited by a moderator:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD