[Feb 28, 2014] Level Up Presents SoCal Regionals 2014 (Irvine, California)

Tenren

SoCal Regionals 2014

282652_10151403318794146_1203849403_n.png

SoCal Regionals, Southern Caifornia's premier fighting game tournament, is back at the University of California Irvine on Feb 28 - Mar 2 2014!

Mark your calendars because it's countdown time for 3 full days of fighting game action!

Visit socalregionals.com for official updates/rules/games (Coming Soon)

Follow us on Twitter @levelupseries for instant updates.

fightinggamersucilogoff.jpg

Fighting Gamers @ UCI
“FightingGamers@UCI (FG@UCI) is a student organization on the campus of the University of California, Irvine (UCI) for people who have an interest in fighting games. What began as a small club for UCI students, FG@UCI is now a community comprised of Southern California’s most passionate fighting gamers.
Our mission is to host gatherings where fighting gamers can befriend, play, and learn with others. We accomplish this by providing a positive and enriching environment through our weekly sessions and occasional special events, which are all held at UCI and open to the general public. We strive to provide our members with resources necessary to enable their passion for fighting games.” - Fighting Gamers @ UCI

EGP-SCRlogo.png

Gaming Stations provided by Epic Gamer Productions for Mortal Kombat / Injustice Gods Among Us
Our good friends at EGP will be providing many set ups to accommodate the onslaught of tournament games we're featuring at SCR2014!

Twitter: @EGP_Compton
Facebook: www.facebook.com/EpicGamerProductions

Why should you go to SCR?

Fighting Game Community
Over 1,200 fighting game fans have come together to showcase their skills and support of the games they love at SCR2014. With the ongoing camaraderie since the '90s, your next opponent could be
your rival/friend for the next 15+ years.

8396945110_ee25d2101b_b.jpg

Competition
Southern California has hosted some of the memorable competitive gaming events since the release of the Street Fighter series with legends such as Tomo Ohira, Mike Watson, Jeff Schaeffer, and Alex Valle. Today, the demand of competition at SCR has spread through many more games and more regions which has featured Daigo Umehara, Justin Wong, Ricky Ortiz, Filipino Champ, Gamerbee, Sako, Infiltration, and many more hungry for the title.

8401082406_900511c2d4_b.jpg

Prize Distribution
SCR has successfully provided over $20,000 worth of cash and prizes to 100+ competitors and spectators participating in dozens of gaming events. SCR2014 will continue to provide support for the dedicated players and fans in the fighting games we love. Announcements on SCR2014 prizes will be revealed soon!

8395625087_c342b3ea82_b.jpg

Broadcasting
State of the art presentation will be provided in house by the Level Up team. Gaming, entertainment, and innovation is our motto and we're making sure the fighting game community has a memorable showcase. Smile for the camera, you may be the next player/fan to be featured in front of a worldwide audience!

8395626835_410763ccff_b.jpg

Merchandise
SCR2014 will have community driven merchandise on sale such as apparel, peripheral, toys, and more! There will be on site discounts on many products for all your fighting game needs available at SCR!

8395878335_1da6e7aa5d_b.jpg

Feature Game Lineup
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Super Smash Bro. Melee
The King of Fighters XIII
Street Fighter x Tekken
Soul Calibur V
Soul Calibur II HD
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown
Divekick
Skull Girls
Blazblue: Chrono Phantasma
Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs. Full Boost
Guilty Gear Accent Core+R
Persona 4 Arena
Mortal Kombat
Injustice Gods Among Us
Killer Instinct
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo

Exhibitions
Coming Soon!

Sponsors
TBA

Prize Distribution:
TBA
SoCal Regionals Official Site: (Under Construction)
http://www.socalregionals.com/
Online Registration:
Coming Soon!

Date:
Feb 28 - Mar 2 2014
Venue:
University of California, Irvine
Student Center
Ballroom C&D
Irvine, CA 92687
Web Site: www.studentcenter.uci.edu
Policies: http://www.policies.uci.edu/adm/tableofcontents.html
Campus Map:
uci10mapcampuspdf.jpg

Parking Structure on Pereira Dr -
All day parking $10
(In and out access is available as long as you keep your parking ticket)
Food and Beverage:
University Town Center – across campus
Food Court – Wendy’s, Wahoo’s, Panda Express, and Subway with limited hours above ballroom

Recommended Airport:
John Wayne Airport
18601 Airport Way, #41
Santa Ana, CA
(949) 252-5200 ·

Recommended Hotel:
Atrium Hotel
18700 MacArthur Blvd., Irvine, CA 92612
(949) 833-2770, Fax: (949) 757-0330
UCI Rate: $95

*IMPORTANT: Mention that you're a traveler visiting UCI and that you chose the hotel from this listing found on SNAP UCI. They should honor the rate posted on the aforementioned listing site to UCI visitors, which still stands at $95 as of now. Note that the rate is subject to change.
Atrium Complimentary:
Shuttle to and from UCI and John Wayne Airport
Full breakfast buffet
In-room Internet access
Parking

Stream Channels:
http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive
http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive2
Others TBA

Level|Up - SoCal Regionals Event Coordinator
"Level Up is committed to providing innovative, unparalleled content creation and distribution as well as brand awareness through inventive, live internet streaming and event consulting services. " - Level Up LLC.

Level|Up President:
Alex Valle
Level|Up Operations Manager:
Jimmy Nguyen
Level|Up Stream Producers:
Frank Reyes
Level|Up Photography/Web Design:
Bryan Gateb

For more information on Level|Up events or interested in community programs and media, visit our sites:
http://www.levelup-series.com
http://www.levelup-productions.com

Twitter:
Follow @levelupseries

Youtube:
www.youtube.com/levelupseries

Facebook Fan Pages:
www.facebook.com/levelupseries
www.facebook.com/AlexValleSF

Disclaimer:
*Level|Up or SCR staff is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged articles.
*Level|Up or SCR staff can eject any groups/individuals that cause harm or malicious intent from SCR at anytime.
*Level|Up can change/modify tournament rules at any time.
Post edited by CaliPower on 10 days ago
Mr. Valle
"Rushing Your Shit Down.....Forever"
Facebook - calipower@hotmail.com
Twitter - AlexValleSF4
Level|Up company site: www.levelup-series.com

Last edited:

Tenren

As of right now DOA5U will be prolly starting Friday and most likely finals on Sat, please read the statement below via
Alex. There are 20 games running so there will be NO same day registration. Please pre-reg

"Just a heads up, there will be many titles starting on Friday. We will only take emergency onsite registration for these titles on Thursday if you miss the online pre-registration cut off. We're doing the same thing for games starting on Saturday, we're only taking onsite registration for those titles on Friday. Badge pick up will also be mandatory the day before your tournament game begins. This way we can ensure the tournament is not interrupted by late start times due to badge check in, emergency registration/bracket placement, spectator wristbands serviced at the same time. (Lines get crazy!)"

Last edited:

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
All of us that attended WNF last week already knew ahead of time. We weren't able to say anything till official release as well. But it will be our job to hype this shit up now. We worked hard for it, now it's our time to prove we want to be there (and at NCR).

I am only going to say this once, we should be breaking the 30-player mark at this event. There is NO reason for us not to. As a player respresenting the DOA SoCal region, I expect all of our active players and other players to attend this event.

Everyone has the same amount of time to save up their money, pre-register, and plan ahead to make it out to Irvine CA for this. Plan ahead to take that weekend of work, school or whatever if you have intentions to attend this event. Everyone that has attended WNF every week and myself have worked hard to get DOA5U into this event, for ALL OF YOU. Please do not disappoint Level Up Series and our own community by not showing up to this tournament major.

I will be preparing myself as much as I can for this event. I would expect our California scene and anyone else to do the same.

Vincent Rayne

alrighty. cause i just found out this morning that my chances at going just skyrocketed. so i should be able to make it as of right now.

Tenren

SoCal Regionals 2014 schedules for pool play are posted for Friday - Saturday. Stream schedules are still being finalized so stay tuned for top 8 schedules down the road! Note: If your game starts on Friday, badge pick up and emergency registration is mandatory on Thurs. If your game starts on Saturday, badge pick up and emergency registration is mandatory on Fri.

Friday - http://www.socalregionals.com/?page_id=306
Saturday - http://www.socalregionals.com/?page_id=28

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
We need to start actively advertising this event some more outside of FreeStepDodge too. Everyone post this event on your Facebook, tweet about it, hype it up at other forums, etc. Reach out and talk to other players you may know on and offline about attending. A tournament major should have a nice solid turnout.

We had 32 entrants at SCR 2013 last year, we should have at least 30 or more this year.

Madian

IF YOU NEED BOARDING FOR THIS EVENT READ THE FOLLOWING:

CJ and myself have both purchased rooms for this event. CJ, at this time, has rented 3 nights starting Thursday while I have just two. We may purchase additional nights depending on if the schedule changes but odds are it won't.

Our current plan is to divide the cost of the rooms evenly.

IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD TO PAY see if someone will vouch for you.

You can reply here if you are interested in staying with us or you can PM me. If you don't think you can afford the trip but are still interested in going let us know.

~Madian

Blackburry

Standard Donor
If my converter gets banned at this event then I will not be going. FGC is in an uproar about the cronus device right now. Never had anyone complain about it before, but I guess you gotta blame something.

I can't play DOA5 on Xbox controller at all.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD