Fighter graphics and art style discussion

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
In regards to Tekken 7, I think the graphics will be vastly improved before it hits home consoles.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Off screen comparison of DOA5 Last Round on PS3 and PS4 side by side.
yXXakW.gif

Interesting, that the PS3 version has higher contrast and color saturation. I thought, it would be the other way around...

Argentus

Off screen comparison of DOA5 Last Round on PS3 and PS4 side by side.
yXXakW.gif

Interesting, that the PS3 version has higher contrast and color saturation. I thought, it would be the other way around...
that might just be the monitor settings.

werewolfgold

Tekken 7 needs to fix their hair. Xiaoyu's hair looks like it was carved out of plastic. I don't think the skin texture is 100% either. But, we'll see in the final product.

I would be interested in seeing a more "realistic" take on games like Street Fighter just to mix it up. I think it might be fun.
BRINK BACK SAWADA!! lol

...No, don't do that.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Lol, I didn't even know I once opened this thread. O:
But why necrobump this thread just for some weird fan/indie game that shamelessly steals assets from DOA? It's low quality and ugly to answer that question.

Paige

Tyaren

Standard Donor
That attempt of a comparison is by the way a nice try, but only a nice try. ;)

1) One can't properly compare a 3D model just by screenshots/photos. Different perspectives, different camera settings, different lighting, different everything basically. That Honoka's face seems a little bigger here or is differently proportioned can happen just because the perspective is slightly different.

hv3eD.gif

YMUCIoD.gif

See what changes perspective and lighting can make?

2) The model that they use in that indie game is obviously altered anyway. Pink hair, bigger bust etc. You can easily rip the Marie Rose/Honoka model from DOA5, alter it slightly and voila. It's not rocket science and not that much work. Modders do it all the time. So if one is pointing to slight differences that does in no way eliminate the possibility that these game developers ripped Marie Rose's or Honoka's model from DOA5.

That's why, and I don't think it is worth its own thread.

We have an active general graphics thread:
http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/the-art-style-and-graphics-discussion.5842/

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

That attempt of a comparison is by the way a nice try, but only a nice try. ;)

1) One can't properly compare a 3D model just by screenshots/photos. Different perspectives, different camera settings, different lighting, different everything basically. That Honoka's face seems a little bigger here or is differently proportioned can happen just because the perspective is slightly different.

hv3eD.gif

YMUCIoD.gif

See what changes perspective and lighting can make?

2) The model that they use in that indie game is obviously altered anyway. Pink hair, bigger bust etc. You can easily rip the Marie Rose/Honoka model from DOA5, alter it slightly and voila. It's not rocket science and not that much work. Modders do it all the time. So if one is pointing to slight differences that does in no way eliminate the possibility that these game developers ripped Marie Rose's or Honoka's model from DOA5.

We have an active general graphics thread:
http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/the-art-style-and-graphics-discussion.5842/

I don't think I've ever seen this thread before!? Why is it suddenly getting posts again after all these years? Also I love that gif of the lighting perspective, It's so hypnotizing...

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD