Fighting EX Layer (formerly Street Fighter EX)

Banana56

This was revealed today for April fools, but in all actuality the game itself isn't the joke. The joke was that they hid the game that was to be played

The game will be played by the dev along with selected players at an upcoming Japanese event

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor

This was revealed today for April fools, but in all actuality the game itself isn't the joke. The joke was that they hid the game that was to be played

The game will be played by the dev along with selected players at an upcoming Japanese event
This looks great!!

Moneyspider_Todd

i'm in heaven <3

as a player/collector of every arika-developed fighting game (from the SFEX, to fighting layer and tekken 3ds) this is true bliss to me :)

DedUp

I never knew about Fighting Layer until Arika dropped this video. I went and tried out the original game on an emulator and it was pretty fun. The bosses are weird as hell though.

The new game looks amazing though. Capcom could take a lesson on art style from these guys. They already got my main Garuda from the EX series, now I hope they put in more of the EX cast, especially Skullomania and Doctrine Dark. I just pray it doesn't end up arcade only like Fighting Layer.

Banana56

02_ex01.jpg

DedUp

Reveal Teaser

And here's a little bit of Allen Snider's gameplay

And some more gameplay

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Just downloading the demo... a file size of just 600mb is extremely small, even for a demo. I'm awaiting PS2 graphics now. XD

Edit: Graphics are okay for what it is actually.
In practice mode the opponent does nothing. It doesn't fight back, it does not even block. Or am I missing where I switch the opponent on?

Last edited:

DedUp

A bunch of info about the game and some character reveals. I've only skimmed through it for now as it's a pretty long video.

Game play footage at 53:50 and 1:03:17

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I'm excited for this game, although tbh besides Claire there isn't really a girl who caught my eye XD

The only character I would say I will use is Hayate since I like his design, Sanae is also cool since she reminds me of Xiaoyu

IMG_20180331_191829.jpg

Hayate.jpg

I can't wait for the game, it looks really good, like how Street Fighter could have looked if they used film grain and had just a bit more time to further enhance the game engine. The demo was great too, my favorite OST was definitely the training mode theme, it was so old school and motivating xD

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
This game is looking to be a bit more solid than the likes of SFV.

My personal hopes specifically are the following:
> Online is good enough to warrant actual online tournaments.
> A good supporting community (which... seems to be turning out this way).
> A memorable final boss.
> Cool soundtrack (which is apparently the case)
> Some good offline content to mess around with and exploit.
> Ongoing support from the developers.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
The game is good imo, I just feel it won't sell well and will be a sort of launch flop since the game had no promo besides the April fools reveal and the few betas and very reclusive character reveals we've had. It's almost scary how alien and how foreign the game's released info is, as if they made it intentionally hard for western players to get into it

I'm also doubtful we'll get whatever character pass or post launch content they promised if they got a set number of sales, EX layer wasn't promoted well and the game has a fan base but not a strong enough fan base to shake the table day one since EX is like I think a decade or so old

Derock

I'm getting this game! I adore Street Fighter EX Plus Alpha to death back in the day! EX Plus Alpha was "almost" perfect (missing the arcade soundtrack and Plus backgrounds). EX 2 was okay, but it wasn't worth it. Excels was just an attempt to compete with Alpha series custom combos, music wasn't that memorable, Ryu and Chun-Li sounded badly I cringed, and somehow they ignored Akuma, Allen, Blair and Sakura, though the latter returned for 3. And 3 was a bit better, music was more enjoyable than EX 2.

Honestly, it needs more work but Arika doesn't have the proper AAA budget to properly market the game. For those who's getting it, let's support it so we can get the others that didn't get into the initial roster (Pullum, Sharon, Vulcano and Area) and maybe we get the actual Fighting Layer cast in the future.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Anyone still getting this game? I read about it, apparently since its more a niche game it'll be digital only for the time being and won't have preorder since its not getting a disc copy atm. There's also two digital versions, lite which is 39.99 and doesn't come with that Hokuto girl as DLC and it has a trial for the gem based items and then the full version is full price but comes with more gems and Hokuto

I'll likely buy it since it looks fun and if it does well it'll be supported more, although I'm not sure it'll sell well since it's digital only and the game has hardly had any promo, it's almost as if its been intentionally kept under wraps

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD