Final Fantasy Thread

HajinMonSect

World of FF couldve been great but unfortunately left a lot to be desired and needed some tweaking. Never got to go back and reply and try end game challenges because it came out so close to FFXV.

How are you guys enjoying the ffxv hunts so far? The cactuar one was silly but kinda fun just because its crazy fighting endless amounts of cactuars.

I didnt like the malboro one. Status effects made it annoying even though I did have a bunch of ribbons. It was odd too. You had to take out only 3 or something of tons of em and a stupid rare boss spawned in that same area. Well anyway because of that, a summoned triggered during the battle and killed the malboros. I probably shouldve abused that for easy exp but only did that hunt once.

The behemoth is my fave so far. I hear people trying to cheese it but didnt even think he was that hard to require it even for a lvl 140. And the only person above 100 is Noctis and hes lvl 101. Theres a lot of stufff you can do like using lightning to dispels the ice or some stuff but i nevee bothered. I just aerial raved his tail and trigger armiger. The bros dies ofcourse.

Chapstick

World of FF couldve been great but unfortunately left a lot to be desired and needed some tweaking. Never got to go back and reply and try end game challenges because it came out so close to FFXV.
You found WOFF to be a game that leaves a lot to be desired in need of tweaking yet you're still playing FFXV?

latest

I liked WOFF a lot but then again I grew up playing pokemon and final fantasy so it was perfect for someone like me since it's a pokemon clone with a final fantasy/kingdom hearts coat of paint. Story turned out surprisingly dark which I appreciated, really wasn't expecting that.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
You found WOFF to be a game that leaves a lot to be desired in need of tweaking yet you're still playing FFXV?

latest

How about you finish FFXV and then bash the game? XD Critical consensus also is, that it, even if pretty flawed, is still a considerably better and more worthwhile game than WoFF. FFXV also has a lot more content, which they are still updating and expanding as we speak, than WoFF

Last edited:

Chapstick

How about you finish FFXV and then bash the game? XD
tumblr_mcqms4CYeO1rosb88o2_250.gif

Critical consensus also is, that it, even if pretty flawed, is still a considerably better game than WoFF.
HuOTPTG.jpg

DuyF4wQl.jpg

4% isn't a big difference. There are 31 fewer ratings so idk what the score would be at 109 but still it doesn't look like the critical consensus is that it's considerably better

I'm obviously not counting the user scores bc they're a cess pool and there's 2700 fewer ratings lol

Tyaren

Standard Donor
tumblr_mcqms4CYeO1rosb88o2_250.gif

HuOTPTG.jpg

DuyF4wQl.jpg

4% isn't a big difference. There are 31 fewer ratings so idk what the score would be at 109 but still it doesn't look like the critical consensus is that it's considerably better

I'm obviously not counting the user scores bc they're a cess pool and there's 2700 fewer ratings lol

Alright, let's scratch considerably and let's just say it is the better game. ;)
Percentage tends to go down the more reviews are counted.
Except Horizon, it slowly crawled up to 89! :D It's imo at least worth a 90 though.

UpSideDownGRUNT

I'd honestly put FFXV lower than 81, more like 78 it's good until about chapter 9 and then just becomes a literal train wreck.

And all of the side content is fetch quests or monster hunts, not especially exciting.
You know, and then there's the difficulty issue in which it doesn't have any.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
And all of the side content is fetch quests or monster hunts, not especially exciting.

There are lots of additional dungeons and super bosses. After the trainwreck of the last 5 chapters you are able to go back to all of that and even more. And lets not forget free content like the carnival and more upcoming stuff in the future.
Also, if FFXV is just a 70s game what about FFXIII? It's in general even more flawed and disliked than FFXV. What would its actual score be then? (It sits above FFXV at a 83 rating on Metacritic by the way.)

UpSideDownGRUNT

The dungeons are kinda boring though, it doesn't make me feel like its actually worth doing and super bosses? Yeah, sure, but I don't want to hack at a giant turtle for over an hour.

As for FFXIII as in the original 2010 game I'd personally rate it 70 as much as I like the world and (most) characters it severely lacks side content of any kind and there's no real rhyme or reason to explore before you get to Gran Pulse.

Aerospark

Standard Donor
World of Final Fantasy has a coherent plot (albeit not a good one) and had all it's content in the game day 1 that didn't need to be patched in later. Messy Fantasy XV has neither. It also has the lowest metacritic score out of any mainline entry in the series
C3lsr4NUcAAHmdfkjj.jpg

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
You do actually have a very sophisticated taste with regard to characters and character design.
I tried telling everyone that XD I'm very picky with my characters XD unlike PB who likes basically the easy and loose girls I judge based on my sophisticated criteria XD

Plus he reminds me of Eliot so there's that!

HajinMonSect

Im not a person who buys remasters but seeing those made me miss the world of final fantasy xii a bit. I still have a copy of ffxii and a ps3 that plays ps2 games. Maybe I should pop it in.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD