Final Fantasy Thread

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
It's a remaster yeah, but it's also the updated edition of the game with the missing content that was never released in the west, I guess the "real" version of the game if we had the proper words for it. I just don't buy them a 3rd or 4th time unless there is like a huge time gap to where we don't have access to those games anymore. Looks at RE5/RE6/FFX&X-2/KH1&2 for the PS4 when it's on PS3 with very minor differences.

If there was a reason? it's either because their PS2/PS3 died or never played them, so this is their chance to play them. Me? I haven't played FFXII since back on PS2 so it's a fresh new start with the missing content, feels like a new game at this point.

HajinMonSect

Yeah I get that and know that it has bonuses like getting those remixes like kh did that we never got. I'm not against remasters because I dont think they actually hurt gaming like overpriced dlc support or preorder bonuses but I usually camt bring myself to fork over the asking price they want for something I already fully experienced. Some have a price of $40 but the most I could do is $30 and I'd rarely but even at that price just cause graphics arent one of the things that hurt my game enjoyment. I can boot up any ff as is and still fully enjoy it.

I mightve given ffxii a second thought if there wasnt sooook much going on with ps4 right. Ive been gaming nonstop, I dont have the time to replay a game I already put 60+ hours into it. I got Berserk(love it) still need to replay as other characters, gravity rush 2 with the recent free Raven dlc, I still play ffxv although very briefly, i havent gotten Nier or horizon yet. Persona 5 is coming out very soon as is another game I cant think of yet. So I dont have the gaming time to invest into a ps2 game I already conquered.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
DISSIDIA ARCADE UPDATE:

Trueblade Seeker is finally bringing the goods on the woefully underappreciated villain Emperor Mateus... and OH-FRIGGIN'-BOY, will this guy be appreciated when they see the improvements they made to him. Start taking notes, people, Mateus is no longer the pushover he once was and may be one of the most viable characters in the game.

The metagame in the PSP games did him more harm than good, but here in a less defense-oriented, chaotic 3v3 arena, Mateus is second-to-none, the best Shoot-type character in the roster by far. If I had to make a comparison to UMvC3, this guy alone is Morridoom. If you have a decent Heavy type and a Speed type with the right buffs, Mateus can be very annoying.

So what new tools does he have?

- He has a new BRV attack called Blue Soul, which is basically like Flare, but attacks BRV.

- Light Crest is now mobile and homing at the same time. Fires 10 shots, one per second.

- Dark Geyser. A long range AOE BRV attack. Behaves similar to Kefka's Hyperdrive.

- Red Soul is slower and has shorter duration, but two can be activated at the same time. Unlike Blue Soul, however, it can be destroyed by other projectiles or Heavy types with super armor property via dash.

- Improved Dynamite BRV attack. Not only is it faster than in previous versions to be used as a decent projectile, but once it's fired, stays for about 20 seconds, and has absorbing properties.

- Mine is an interesting one. Mateus surrounds himself with 13 sparks and puts them in place for about 10 seconds. However, it's also great against speed type characters like Zidane. Heavy type characters like Cecil, not so much.

- Dreary Cell - an HP attack - now plants at a long range, homing on the opponent for 1 second.

- Kart Flare. Yes, that's what it's called. Kart Flare. And it's an HP attack... that behaves like Flare... and actually fires 7 homing turrets... and lasts 7 seconds... and moves pretty fast. Good luck avoiding all that.

- Evil Tornado. An unremarkable clone of Terra's Tornado, yay!

- Leviathan's Barb. Similar to Firion's Weaponmaster, but easier to land. Also chargeable.

- Starfall is now a unique EX skill, but only attacks BRV points. Takes 7 seconds to land it, and considering the AOE range, it's worth the team synergy to try it. Considering these facts, I can see why it's no longer an HP attack. It would've likely been a gamebreaker that blew up an entire party too easily.

Last edited:

HHH816

yeah, local sony distributor decided clear ps4 slim stock first

btw do i really need to watch the movie first before starting the story mode.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Dead:
Screenshot_2017-03-26-16-05-05.png

HajinMonSect

yeah, local sony distributor decided clear ps4 slim stock first

btw do i really need to watch the movie first before starting the story mode.
You need to do 8 hours of research before playing this game (and during). The worst part about it imo (and I am a fan) is that the game makes the story and seeing key events secondary. Theres only one part in the game where they explain to you the plot and its barely audible.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Gladio DLC is coming up this week right? hopefully I can finish ME:A before I get to it.

Also any word on the CEO battle? that topic died rather quick, love 4th wall breaking.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I'm not interested in Gladio like that so I'm gonna sit this out. It's not looking like I'll be getting Persona 5 Day one but I'm gonna ask my Grandpa for my late birthday money and sell Overwatch so I can get that instead, Akira the protagonist is beckoning for me!

God I really hope I can get P5 day one, I need it in my life...I'm kinda regretting spending the leftover money from Nier Automata on Mcgriddles and sodas

YBNDM

I'm not really interested in buying the Gladio DLC. The throwing enemies around mechanic looks pretty cool though. As soon as the Prompto DLC releases i'll be all over it!

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Don't play it for Raphael. In fact, don't play it for Casey Jones.

Play it for the sheer fact you're fighting the champion of Dimension X himself, Gilgamesh. Fighting him is always entertaining!
????? Uh....I don't know if you mean the characters from Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles but I mean I like all three of the party members bar Ignis for different reasons, Gladio just doesn't interest me personality wise. And update, I looked up that if I sell my Ipod Nano, Overwatch, and maybe my ipod touch which I don't use anymore I'll have enough store credit to get P5 game day one!

Jadeinchains

I have the season pass so I'll be playing it based on that! :p I have to say I was surprised when I learned its only 2 - 3 hours though... I completed FFX in a week and FFXIII in 20 hours... I'll be done with this dlc in 5 minutes lol.

PS: ... Is Tyaren okay? I haven't seen him on the forums in a while now.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
So in other words from the thread's responses, no word on the CEO battle then.

Don't play it for Raphael. In fact, don't play it for Casey Jones.

Play it for the sheer fact you're fighting the champion of Dimension X himself, Gilgamesh. Fighting him is always entertaining!

While I can agree with this, he could of had a much better role but can't complain either way.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
So in other words from the thread's responses, no word on the CEO battle then.

While I can agree with this, he could of had a much better role but can't complain either way.
The CEO one? They didn't release that or or show it yet? They may be saving it up for like after the other episodes or maybe release it on a special day or something. I'll buy it if that's the case

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD