Final Fantasy Thread

Jadeinchains

Franyonce Knowles of the Viera from Eruyt Village better be in dissidia otherwise Miss Jade and I are gonna have a few words with Square Enix

A wise woman once said "I've planted the seeds and I will see the harvest" and that's how I now feel about Fran being in Dissidia. :p
Fran was saving the world before I thought of Noctis was even created so her spot should be secure.

Also Fran didn't let Luna... but that's going off topic...

Aerospark

Standard Donor
A wise woman once said "I've planted the seeds and I will see the harvest" and that's how I now feel about Fran being in Dissidia. :p
Fran was saving the world before I thought of Noctis was even created so her spot should be secure.

Also Fran didn't let Luna... but that's going off topic...
tumblr_inline_oncsdouQCM1ra43cw_500.gif

Who is Luna? You mean notStella?
The priority list for XII characters in Dissidia after Vaan and Gabranth probably goes Ashe, Basch, Balthier and then Fran...... her chances are lower compared to the others :(. Although you never know, they fckn added Laguna as the secondary character for VIII as if Rinoa literally didn't exist, but you never know.

Jadeinchains

View attachment 23096

Who is Luna? You mean notStella?
The priority list for XII characters in Dissidia after Vaan and Gabranth probably goes Ashe, Basch, Balthier and then Fran...... her chances are lower compared to the others :(. Although you never know, they fckn added Laguna as the secondary character for VIII as if Rinoa literally didn't exist, but you never know.

Yeah, I think the best chances come from it being an out of left field character choice/ it being made by TN. She's better than... everyone though so she deserves to get in.

I'm not even gonna bother this time.... this is just a self-drag in itself.... tragic.

I mean what's really tragic is how with some revisions Luna/notstella could have been amazing. So much build up... she deserved better. Like her own dlc episode better at least. Also now that I think about it Arenea and whatever the little girls name was ( seriously I've forgot it ) need an episode each too. I still like Luna's character but it's just so sad what happened.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I'm not trolling btw. I have my preferences and the ones I notice are not popular:

- FFIV < FFVII (I still think 6 is a fantastic game)
- FFX < FFX2 (We've been over this one, but just to go a little further 10 was the first time I felt like a FF was dragging on despite the awesome CGI that felt like the reward for putting up with the dragging on)
- FFXIII - was the first FF I had absolutely no interest in. I don't think we needed a female cloud, and the story was not captivating me like the rest had.
- FFXII - I still to this day do not understand why they went down the direction they did for the story. Also, the jaggies were almost too much for me. The game wasn't smooth at all but a few characters like Fran perked my interest and I will check out the remaster.
- FFXV - I liked the Gladio DLC, I liked this game A LOT, I received enjoyment out of the fetch quests

There are some things I really couldn't stand about FFVIII, but I will not reveal those things at this time. I'm saving that for another day.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Finally started playing again and I'll try not to let months lapse without continuing this time. I'm in the dreaded chapter 13 and while it's not exactly amazing, I don't find it as abhorrent as everyone else seems to. I have been digging the story but it seems to me that as it tried to get really focused (especially during and after Altissia)...it seems to have actually lost focus. It's weird. Like I'm missing context for things now that I don't feel like I should be. It's just very weird. Side note, how much more do I have of this game? Chapters or time left? Googling it stands a great chance of spoiling me this far after launch.

Jadeinchains

Being vague as possible If you are at chapter 13 you should just keep on pushing on until the end. If you want the time left it will take you -
I can't imagine more than another 2-3 hours or something.

Aerospark

Standard Donor
Finally started playing again and I'll try not to let months lapse without continuing this time. I'm in the dreaded chapter 13 and while it's not exactly amazing, I don't find it as abhorrent as everyone else seems to. I have been digging the story but it seems to me that as it tried to get really focused (especially during and after Altissia)...it seems to have actually lost focus. It's weird. Like I'm missing context for things now that I don't feel like I should be. It's just very weird. Side note, how much more do I have of this game? Chapters or time left? Googling it stands a great chance of spoiling me this far after launch.
iirc they recently did patch the game so that Chapter 13 is less intolerable than it was a few months ago.
The ring got some hefty upgrades to it as well so that it's actually worth using outside of the broken dodge mechanic it gave you.
Btw you have like 2 hours left in the game. Also, XVs story takes a massive nosedive during Chapter 9 and everything after. It waits too long to "get to the point" and then kind of throws everything at you at once.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
DISSIDIA ARCADE UPDATE:

Forgot to share this here earlier today. According to Trueblade Seeker, the changes to be made to the summons on the 4/20 update are as follows:

- Shiva remains unchanged.

- Ifrit's passive party buffs for ATK increased from 20% to 30%.

- Alexander's passive party buffs for DEF increased from 20% to 30%

- Ramuh's Judgment Bolt has a speed reduction, making it easier to dodge.

- Odin's passive party buffs for dash meter recovery increased from 20% - 30%.

- Leviathan's Tsunami has a speed increase, making it easier to hit. Sadly, it isn't enough to save him from (still) being one of the two worst summons in the game, with Odin not too far behind.

The new summon, Bahamut, is kinda what you expect as far as attacking the party goes. But his passive buffs revolve around the duration of each character's UNIQUE EX skill. In other words, his passive buffs have no effect on COMMON EX skills that can be customized for every character.

This can benefit characters who live and die by their unique EX skill, such as Kain, Kuja, Ace, Cloud, Terra, Zidane, and Bartz.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
iirc they recently did patch the game so that Chapter 13 is less intolerable than it was a few months ago.
The ring got some hefty upgrades to it as well so that it's actually worth using outside of the broken dodge mechanic it gave you.
Btw you have like 2 hours left in the game. Also, XVs story takes a massive nosedive during Chapter 9 and everything after. It waits too long to "get to the point" and then kind of throws everything at you at once.

In my opinion it just depends how much time you are willing to invest in the game. You can get a lot out of the story but it's not always as direct like a traditional cut scene is.

Jadeinchains

Wait so you played the game? I thought maybe you'd just watched a lets play or something, Also yeah the start is so open but then due to time constraints I guess they didn't have time to add the open worlds of the end areas and so it feels weird.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I'm not trolling btw. I have my preferences and the ones I notice are not popular:

- FFIV < FFVII (I still think 6 is a fantastic game)
- FFX < FFX2 (We've been over this one, but just to go a little further 10 was the first time I felt like a FF was dragging on despite the awesome CGI that felt like the reward for putting up with the dragging on)
- FFXIII - was the first FF I had absolutely no interest in. I don't think we needed a female cloud, and the story was not captivating me like the rest had.
- FFXII - I still to this day do not understand why they went down the direction they did for the story. Also, the jaggies were almost too much for me. The game wasn't smooth at all but a few characters like Fran perked my interest and I will check out the remaster.
- FFXV - I liked the Gladio DLC, I liked this game A LOT, I received enjoyment out of the fetch quests

There are some things I really couldn't stand about FFVIII, but I will not reveal those things at this time. I'm saving that for another day.

- Correct, as much as I hate to admit it and there is valid reasons for it than preferenced reasons between FFIV and FFVII. And yeah, FF6 was good too.

- Incorrect. "BUT", if you "like" the game more? then that's your pick lol.

- FFXIII and the sequels is the weasel shell and excuse to pour energy into making things look pretty than making sense later. Also the first one holds your hand on immersing yourself with the story since we happen to be on a carnival wheel than a roller coaster. Luckily it ended well where a sequel is no longer needed to milk the series for unneeded reasons. +1 for making a female protoganist because we haven't seen one in ages for an FF game. I have to give FFXIII some credit since it has overlooked elements that the previous games don't have, but yeah I don't blame you for this one.

- FFXII happens to grasp a very slow beginning that ends up getting better midway. Many even gave up because it's a complete change in the system from the previous entries or other reasons.

- I like FFXV as well, yet possibily could of been a much different game (or better) with the concept they had in mind from when they first started years ago on the project. The way the game has been shelled leaves doubts on the consumers on whether Square will take the path on switching up content+removing it. Is the one we have now bad? Absolutely no.

There are things I also didn't like about FFVIII yet the game did exceptionally well. The good outweighs the bad.

Still curious as to why you still feel FFVII is underrated by the way since the titled game itself happened to receive a movie, sequel+prequel, a compendium for mania, and the biggest choice award to feature in many articles as first headlines, first results in FF series, and quenching the immense thirst of the Smash boards to feature the main character into Smash. At this point, writing FFVII on someone's forehead wouldn't look unnatural at all.

COURSE, you did say "preference" so that's totalllllyyyyy different rite rite? Lol.

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Wait did someone say 7 was underrated... It really isn't, I knew about FF7 for years because everybody always goes on about how it's the best in the series etc.

I KNOW RIGHT? I KNEW ABOUT FF7 WHEN I WAS STILL IN THE WOMB OF MY MOMMY OK! I HAD MY FORTUNE READ ONE TIME AND THE FORTUNE LADY TOLD ME ABOUT FF7 WHEN I HAD A SUPER NINTENDO BEFORE PS1 EXISTED.

But yeah its a bit hard to believe. I'm no hater to FFVII, but looking through FF stuff from time to time will occasionally get FFVII to pop up in some way of form.

Last edited:

Aerospark

Standard Donor
Wait so you played the game? I thought maybe you'd just watched a lets play or something, Also yeah the start is so open but then due to time constraints I guess they didn't have time to add the open worlds of the end areas and so it feels weird.
Unfortunately, I did. I even went out of my way to get the Platinum for it x__x. I wanted to form my own opinion of it and ended up hating it more than I already did LMFAO. But that's a conversation for another time........

Wait did someone say 7 was underrated... It really isn't, I knew about FF7 for years because everybody always goes on about how it's the best in the series etc.
Final Fantasy 7 is about as underrated as Beyonce is lmfao.

Jadeinchains

Unfortunately, I did. I even went out of my way to get the Platinum for it x__x. I wanted to form my own opinion of it and ended up hating it more than I already did LMFAO. But that's a conversation for another time........

Final Fantasy 7 is about as underrated as Beyonce is lmfao.

R.I.P lol, I mean I personally liked it but it's good you played it to get a better opinion on it, Even if that opinion is that it's terrible. If you don't mind me asking, What are some of the key points you don't like about it. ( besides the treatment of it's characters )

Also I'm still not sure on what I'd consider my favorite game? I loved X and XIII so much. I still haven't played a massive amount of them though but I'm waiting on Remake of 7.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
What a coincidence. I totally forgot about the remake. Clearly underrated.

Not a bad choice however given the time constraints and game choosing. Overall, there will be new elements in play and content that they wanted to include on the PS1 that never actually happened. Turks information according to the devs and a backstory to Sephiroth before he was in SOLDIER. Ehhh, Sounds alright I guess and it does make sense.

Whoops, forgot to mention this. Now people get to watch Aerith's death for the milllionth time in 60fps 1080 stabbed by momma's boy. I mean, it is for....THE PLANET.

Last edited:

Aerospark

Standard Donor
R.I.P lol, I mean I personally liked it but it's good you played it to get a better opinion on it, Even if that opinion is that it's terrible. If you don't mind me asking, What are some of the key points you don't like about it. ( besides the treatment of it's characters )

Also I'm still not sure on what I'd consider my favorite game? I loved X and XIII so much. I still haven't played a massive amount of them though but I'm waiting on Remake of 7.

The """dodging""" system that worked when it felt like working, the lack of a proper story was a huge problem for me. The prologue with Ifrit was completely unnecessary and the game would've been better without it. From Chapter 1 all the way up to Chapter 9.... barely anything happens in the story. Everything in Chapter 9 happens at once and as soon as you're done, the story's back to being the same fckn chore but even worse. Then once you're at the end, it's kind of a "is that it?". The story itself is rushed and was chopped into four parts (Brotherhood, Kingsglaive a King's Tale, XV) and because of it, feels extremely incomplete. I get that it had to be out in 2016 and they couldn't delay it anymore, there was still no excuse for a story to be so poorly written and executed. It's a really big problem when the most anticipated game SE's had since XIII launched has one of the worst stories in the series. And this is supposed to be a series that's crowned for it's fantastic and well-written stories and characters above all else? Okay sis.

The lack of character development. Literally no one in this game develops at all, everyone is the exact same as they were when you first start a new game. Even after the 10 year timeskip, no one changes. Prompto's big character reveal was the definition of wasted potential. It happens and everyone's like "oh wow. so with that out of the way, we're moving on." It deals with loss in a really shitty way as well and practically shuns it's main character for it, like? K. There's also the wasted character potential that happened after the timeskip. Aranea and Iris are both still alive, still kicking Daemon ass and Cidney is in charge of a bunch of Daemon hunters? Well where are they? Idk sis. Lunafreya's COMPLETELY unnecessary death that served no purpose other than Noctis' development was just... lmfao.

The gameplay is trash outside of the magic system, btw. It's literally hold O to win. There's nothing engaging about it and it's borderline impossible to actually game over in it unless you suck complete ass at the game. And people come for XIII's shoddy gameplay when XV's is even worse? Yikes.....

It lacks an actual identity on top of all of this. I get what direction they wanted to go with it but it was executed horribly but that doesn't excuse the fact that this game feels nothing like a Final Fantasy. It wants to be a western RPG, it wants to be Resident Evil, Grand Theft Auto and Metal Gear all at the same time with some fantasy elements. One of the few things it does that makes you remember that it's a Final Fantasy game is how grand and overwhelming the summons are in this game (which I loved btw, just wish there were more).

I could go onnnnn and onnnnn about a lot of other things I disliked about the game before it turns into a whole ass mess, but I'm gonna save everyone's time and not.

But I don't hate EVERYTHING about the game....... the Soundtrack is one of my favorites in the series... LOL.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD