Final Fantasy Thread

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I got fed up trying, my team members would never cooperate with me and they'd run all over the lane and stop the cars ):

Lol, I guess, that's also how they will completely fix the bug! Your team members will run even crazier all over the road, jumping in front of all cars. XD

I truly hope, the patch will not be bigger than 10GB. Recently downloading anything from PSN takes ages. It took more than 5 hours to download the most recent Driveclub patch. It was also around 10GB.
I wonder, why it's so incredibly slow... :/

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
It's not a PSN issue. It's connection bandwidth demand. Try playing a game and downloading at the same time. Notice that the time has increased when you download, it moves it's fastest if you are in PS4 REST mode. Human beings haven't developed the technology to where we only need 1 second to download a 1.62 terabyte game. (We probably won't be alive by then.)

I just hope the story plot is ridiculously good. All these amped crystal tools graphics & engine wouldn't really matter if the story is not epic enough. But going by how the game is so far via episode Duscae, maybe the story will be great. (Hopefully.)

Last edited:

UpSideDownGRUNT

Yeah I looked it up it's not until 4pm here... that's no good to me unfortunately I won't have access to the Xbox One then.

Looks like I'll have to wait until Saturday afterall.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
If I leave my PS4 on standby and have automatic updates activated, will it start downloading the patch on it's own, while I'm gone? Or do I have to start it manually and then it will download, while on standby. I'll come home at about 8 pm CET and I will be really annoyed, when nothing has been downloaded for the three hours, that the patch was already available... It wouldn't matter much, but with downloads already taking up to 6 hours...

3475598-0936512117-untit.png

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Yep, downloading right now? :D About one more hour to go. The PS4 did download it on it's own in standby by the way.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
If I leave my PS4 on standby and have automatic updates activated, will it start downloading the patch on it's own, while I'm gone? Or do I have to start it manually and then it will download, while on standby. I'll come home at about 8 pm CET and I will be really annoyed, when nothing has been downloaded for the three hours, that the patch was already available... It wouldn't matter much, but with downloads already taking up to 6 hours...

Yes, as long as you are not in-game paused or have a game running in the background when you are in the XMB PS4 menu in the background. The download moves it's fastest rather quick if it's on PS4 rest mode because you are putting your processing power on silent and using the other energy to focus on the download. Either one is good, download is at it's best if no game is running.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
@Chapstick is already playing! D: And this is actually the first time, that the PSN recognized someone playing the demo. I think, that is new too.

Chapstick

Well well well, Gladio asked me to go visit an abandoned shack with him alone. Imagine my disappointment when I find out it's just to fight garulas.

tumblr_inline_ngrf8zaXkW1rar7ow.gif

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I'm not yet satisfied with version 2.0, I have to say. :/ I probably have to play it a little more, to find all the nuances of gameplay improvement. One thing is for sure worse than before: Controlling Noctis is more inexact and sluggish. You have to press the control stick down hard, so that he moves. And when he moves, he takes a fairly big step. Before you could do smaller steps with less pressure on the control stick. (It's harder to get a good angle and distance to take pictures of him and especially his comrades that way. D: )

Is it me, or is Duscae less green-ish/brown-ish? o__O @Chapstick The colors look more vivid.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
It looked that way to me too and it appears they added more variety to the plants. Unless my memory's just bad because I haven't played the demo in a while.

Well, I played it just yesterday and I thought so too. We also seem to not be the only ones, who have that impression. :)

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Not only the vegetation has been pimped a little in Episode Duscae 2.0 but they also added anisotropic filtering, which is keeping ground textures sharp, even if they are far away. (Something DOA5 Last Round completely lacks by the way. ;) )

From Neogaf:
rxurqbzwug.jpg

ywypomdbtb.jpg

aznwvchshg.jpg

cjwlzjkoin.jpg

It's a rather rare sight, that games are actually graphically improved and not downgraded. I really applaud Tabata and his crew for that.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD