Final Fantasy Thread

Mayor-Of-Mustard

Idk what I would choose but I really want a hard difficulty. Easy and normal both feel the same (except in episode Gladio) but at the same time i want a new playable character AND a new story AND AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ShinobiGuy

If anyone wants, I can use my vote for whichever option. The game didn't do it for me and even though I got the season pass, I haven't played it at all since finishing the story. First and last FF for me. But I can cast a vote to help out you guys who are into it. Also the dlc costume was pretty cool, I may spend 5 min with it after voting.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
If anyone wants, I can use my vote for whichever option. The game didn't do it for me and even though I got the season pass, I haven't played it at all since finishing the story. First and last FF for me. But I can cast a vote to help out you guys who are into it. Also the dlc costume was pretty cool, I may spend 5 min with it after voting.

May I take you up on that offer? :) Can you vote for story content, like what's up with Ardyn or Ifrit or Luna? (I'll probably vote for Ardyn, since he is the most important character that got shafted in the story.)
The game really needs this background info to form something of a coherent story. It would actually need all of those story points mentioned in the survey to come close to coherency.
I'm dreadding most people opting for imo silly stuff, such as a playable Aranea, for obvious reasons, but not for the reason to actually fix the game.

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I voted ardyn's past all just to contribute to 'ardyn did nothing wrong'

He's kind of a tragic hero or Jesus gone wrong. Actually a cool concept, they just didn't bother telling his story. The only exposition he got was a measely 2 minutes monologue, while Noctis was in labour yelling over everything Ardyn was trying to explain. :/

Jadeinchains

May I take you up on that offer? :) Can you vote for story content, like what's up with Ardyn or Ifrit or Luna? (I'll probably vote for Ardyn, since he is the most important character that got shafted in the story.)
The game really needs this background info to form something of a coherent story. It would actually need all of those story points mentioned in the survey to come close to coherency.
I'm dreadding most people opting for imo silly stuff, such as a playable Aranea, for obvious reasons, but not for the reason to actually fix the game.

They seriously needed a codex and bestiary etc in this game. It would have been so helpful and interesting to have information on all the creatures and how they act and trivia about them and the cities and locations like the weird mine place you go to at that one point. So If I take the vote I'll definitely be going for story in general too.

Also Project Bokohu's gonna be upset with the Aranea thing lol. :p

))))))))))):

I think you should give the other FF's a chance. This one's very different in comparison to the previous ones and it might change up again in the one that come out after this one.

I voted ardyn's past all just to contribute to 'ardyn did nothing wrong'

Lol smh not only at the comment but also the avatar. :p

Nikotsumi

It was a hard choice. Voted for Lunafreya's background. But yeah, to be frank, in order to really fix the story, this game needs all of those story content options.
I don't understand why we can vote for playable characters, I mean, weren't those pretty much confirmed already for the expansion dlc (outside of Luna and Gentiana)?
I can understand people picking the playable characters options (those who prefer gameplay and don't think the story can be saved in any way) but the last three options are kinda dumb imo.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team

I would prefer more story for Aranea; imo she took a bigger cut than Ardyn, and if you don't mind me asking what is it exactly that you would like to know?

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Still find it with immense humor that they are actually making a survey out of this. Just put it all in there.

As either an early survey on what they want to release first, but now I truly can't wait for Dissidia.

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

Spoiler warning!!! Not even sure If I'll say spoilers but I might as well be safe.

Okay casting my vote now as I write this! ... Some of these options are so unimportant, "Upgrade: stat changing magic" ... umm...no thanks lol If I only get ONE choice its not going on that.

It's pretty ridiculous because the majority of the options I'm looking at here should be in the game so If I could I'd pick them all... So whatever I decide to pick, when it comes to the "Story Content" area I think that all of them should be included.

I'd also like a playable Aranea and yes I agree! She needs an episode so we can learn more about her. Same for a lot of the characters really.

Anyway so for story content the ones that are standing out to me the most are -

"Ardyn's past" - He's your overall main antagonist in the game so he should have been more fleshed out by default... but since he isn't it would be great to know more about him.

"Lunafreya's activities" - She was so under represented in this game which was shocking ( oh wait I should put a spoiler warning! ) considering how much she was raised up during the advertising and marketing and then she's in the game for like what... 5 minutes of screen time? And then she dies! ( major spoiler but come on the games been out for like a year now ) So seeing some more of her and how she went from place to place healing the ill etc would be really interesting to me.

These next too are very similar to each other -

"the world of ruin" - Cindy and Iris are off demon hunting and we hear and see virtually nothing about them and we don't even get to see Lestallum, We only see the garage. This whole section goes by way to fast. Even Noctis meeting his team mates again after years of being gone it's like... "oh hey your back...cool" and that's it.

"Noctis' disappearance" - I don't know what they could do here but something like gameplay from the perspective of other characters while he's gone could work?"

Also It wasn't listed here but I want a codex and or bestiary with trivia and lore. We really don't learn much in terms of world background in this game and we could have If there was something like this. Anyway now I need to decide which one I'm picking. Again I think they all should be added but just personally for me I'm going to go for "Lunafreya's activities" reasoning being that first of all the one about Ardyn I'm pretty sure will be expanded on regardless and it will probably get the highest amount of votes anyway. And the other reason being that honestly I just like Luna and was sad that she went so soon with out seeing much of her.

Anyway *phew* I've now created a wall of rambling text. Yay! :D

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Spoiler warning!!! Not even sure If I'll say spoilers but I might as well be safe.

Okay casting my vote now as I write this! ... Some of these options are so unimportant, "Upgrade: stat changing magic" ... umm...no thanks lol If I only get ONE choice its not going on that.

It's pretty ridiculous because the majority of the options I'm looking at here should be in the game so If I could I'd pick them all... So whatever I decide to pick, when it comes to the "Story Content" area I think that all of them should be included.

I'd also like a playable Aranea and yes I agree! She needs an episode so we can learn more about her. Same for a lot of the characters really.

Anyway so for story content the ones that are standing out to me the most are -

"Ardyn's past" - He's your overall main antagonist in the game so he should have been more fleshed out by default... but since he isn't it would be great to know more about him.

"Lunafreya's activities" - She was so under represented in this game which was shocking ( oh wait I should put a spoiler warning! ) considering how much she was raised up during the advertising and marketing and then she's in the game for like what... 5 minutes of screen time? And then she dies! ( major spoiler but come on the games been out for like a year now ) So seeing some more of her and how she went from place to place healing the ill etc would be really interesting to me.

These next too are very similar to each other -

"the world of ruin" - Cindy and Iris are off demon hunting and we hear and see virtually nothing about them and we don't even get to see Lestallum, We only see the garage. This whole section goes by way to fast. Even Noctis meeting his team mates again after years of being gone it's like... "oh hey your back...cool" and that's it.

"Noctis' disappearance" - I don't know what they could do here but something like gameplay from the perspective of other characters while he's gone could work?"

Also It wasn't listed here but I want a codex and or bestiary with trivia and lore. We really don't learn much in terms of world background in this game and we could have If there was something like this. Anyway now I need to decide which one I'm picking. Again I think they all should be added but just personally for me I'm going to go for "Lunafreya's activities" reasoning being that first of all the one about Ardyn I'm pretty sure will be expanded on regardless and it will probably get the highest amount of votes anyway. And the other reason being that honestly I just like Luna and was sad that she went so soon with out seeing much of her.

Anyway *phew* I've now created a wall of rambling text. Yay! :D

Exactly. In my statement, I think Square is silly for trying to make a survey out of this. They never made a survey of the past games as those games simply didn't need expanded content since they were done by the get-go and perfect.

I mean really. Let's split the fanbase a bit and have this small chance competition to see what gets put in first because catering to one crowd only is far more important than everyone lol. Above all, stat changes are ridiculously pointless. Improve Arminger abilities? pointless since the main character can just squeeze everything out by not playing silly. Even Hard mode is absurd because there are methods to just pass everything with ease using game busting tricks.

I would like a playable Cor, but the story and end game content is what matters so I always pick main content. I would only hope that all mentioned up there appears down the line regardless (which I believe they will do anyway).

I just want all of the poll's content equally

Agreed, but we definitely do not need stat changes and improvements to the Arminger, in fact these should be dead last. An improvement for the party AI with decision making and avoiding damage would be much better than stat changes because sometimes I do feel like 90% of battles were from my own efforts than as a team.

Last edited:

Awesmic

Standard Donor
He was the leader of the Foot Clan by birthright, but the heart of Splinter's ancestor was in the right place to lead it. It plays out like a particular TMNT episode perfectly...

She could be reincarnated as Stella, or make an entirely different alternate timeline that focuses on Stella. Either way, the only way I can see this work is if they re-enact the entire Kingsglaive movie as a video game adaptation, but from her perspective.

April O'Neil and Venus de Milo working side by side to take down the Foot Clan in a barren world decimated by Emperor Krang and the Shredder? A novel concept! I like it.

The fearless leader's stuck in Dimension X. Fighting troopers made of stone and humanoid triceratops and shit. I'm sure he's having a blast...

The game could also use some Limit Breaks, but I'd be reaching at this point

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD