Final Fantasy Thread

Tyaren

Standard Donor
They are not random. The first one (with Gladio) should be triggered right away, when camping at a camping site. A while later the second one (Prompto) is triggered while camping at a camping site and when you've finished the demo, the last one (with Ignis) is triggered.

Make sure to teleport back to the camp after completing the quest, because only then will you find the tent and stuff set up, with the other two guys chilling there:

18523399428_c0e83d9d8e_o.jpg

18685014836_fec96f9415_o.jpg

Haven't done the Ignis tour yet.

Last but not least a sensual Gladio for @Chapstick XD :

18713710221_c0f99ff29b_o.jpg

UpSideDownGRUNT

They are not random. The first one (with Gladio) should be triggered right away, when camping at a camping site. A while later the second one (Prompto) is triggered while camping at a camping site and when you've finished the demo, the last one (with Ignis) is triggered.

Make sure to teleport back to the camp after completing the quest, because only then will you find the tent and stuff set up, with the other two guys chilling there:

18523399428_c0e83d9d8e_o.jpg

18685014836_fec96f9415_o.jpg

Haven't done the Ignis tour yet.

Last but not least a sensual Gladio for @Chapstick XD :

18713710221_c0f99ff29b_o.jpg
Weird, I fought a few things practicing chain attacks and rested to level up and nothing happened. Although that might be because I rested at Chocobo Ranch. I even fought Fead Eye again to make the time pass, lol oh well ill have more time to do things on Saturday, might even restart the entire demo.

UpSideDownGRUNT

I can say though 2.0 is much better gameplay wise, it springs some much needs hope into me for the retail release. Seems more difficult too, which is a welcome change.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
At first I was a little disappointed in 2.0. I might have expected too much and waited super exited for too long. ;) Now, after spending a little more time with it and realizing more an more improvements, I'm starting, to really enjoy it. The camera is better, the lock on is SO much better, framerate is smoother, fighting those huge Dinosaurs is amazing, the team attacks are cool and I also like the extra missions and small cutscenes they added. I believe, they really put everything in, that they wanted to, even though they themselves weren't so sure, that everything was possible. What really made me applaud them, was the fact, that they actually improved the graphics, even though they didn't even mention it. Honestly, how awesome is that? XD Normally all we see is secretive graphical downgrades. Yeah, I'm looking at you, Witcher III! >__<'

UpSideDownGRUNT

At first I was a little disappointed in 2.0. I might have expected too much and waited super exited for too long. ;) Now, after spending a little more time with it and realizing more an more improvements, I'm starting, to really enjoy it. The camera is better, the lock on is SO much better, framerate is smoother, fighting those huge Dinosaurs is amazing, the team attacks are cool and I also like the extra missions and small cutscenes they added. I believe, they really put everything in, that they wanted to, even though they themselves weren't so sure, that everything was possible. What really made me applaud them, was the fact, that they actually improved the graphics, even though they didn't even mention it. Honestly, how awesome is that? XD Normally all we see is secretive graphical downgrades. Yeah, I'm looking at you, Witcher III! >__<'
I didn't see much of a difference, but tbf xbox one isn't as graphically mature. And i had a few frame drops while walking around.

No idea how you fight the big guys though they're still I the water that can't cross lol.

EDIT: Should hopefully have a PS4 by retail release anyway so it doesn't matter

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I didn't see much of a difference, but tbf xbox one isn't as graphically mature. And i had a few frame drops while walking around.

No idea how you fight the big guys though they're still I the water that can't cross lol.

There are framerate dips on the PS4 too, still it is much smoother than Episode Duscae 1.0. The image quality is generally higher on PS4, because of the higher resolution. Yesterday I posted comparison screens of 1.0 and 2.0. If you open the pictures in new tabs and click back and forth between them, you should see the texture and grass improvement. The updated texture quality is an especially big improvement.

You have to trigger Prompto's tour, to be able to fight the big guy. After that he will stay on land all the time. :)

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Double post ahead, sorry... u__U

So, it's not really true, what I said about the mission with Ignis. @UpSideDownGRUNT It does trigger before you have finished the demo, as it happened to me yesterday. The tour with him was really cool! :)

When I came back XD :

18551157580_f5b7896fcb_o.jpg

18733981722_c22a6a0465_o.jpg

And here's the giant dinosaur on land o . O :

18733983622_ed982b12b1_o.jpg

18551101718_f36fd7f8d7_o.jpg

It's so huge, that it's instant 0 health, when he stomps his feet and you are too close. Didn't fight it yet, just ran around it, as it's much too beautiful to hurt/kill. ;___;

Last but not least:

18712578536_681bdcf4ed_o.jpg

The game looks so gorgeous at times... *Q*

the space cadet

This is me with my wife at SD Comic-Con a few years ago.

PHO-10Jul22-240246.jpg

I'd be really stoked if Team NINJA could make a Dissidia for console.

My favorites are VII and X. I've rarely been so emotionally invested in a video game as with those two. Advent Children (uncut) is one of my favorite movies.

I think Crisis Core and even Dirge of Cerberus are both underrated.

I love Kingdom Hearts too!
That picture is fucking marvelous.

VII and X are two of my favorites as well. Have you played VI? Maaaaan you gotta play VI. Well, considering how hardcore you seem to be, you probably have...

Tyaren

Standard Donor
@Kasumilover98, if you are interested in Final Fantasy XV, we should probably continue here. ;)
Regarding your question in the Tekken-thread:
Yes, it is a brand new graphic engine, called the "Luminous Engine". It does look gorgeous! :D Here are the two tech demos, that were so far released:

It does look really pretty...though there are a few glitches/bugs and the framerate isn't very smooth either so far, but what I played of the Episode Duscae demo looks often breathtaking. Especially the animations and the lighting, when the sun is setting. Just magical! :)

18625788058_0c3daa840a_o.jpg

18192894943_23e0192945_o.jpg

(All pics, that I took myself while playing.)

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I have some XB1 screens but upload share isn't working atm :/

I really hate, what PS4 sharing does to the image quality (and I'm already using the best possible way: USB transfer). With DOA5LR it's actually not that bad. Unfortunately Episode Duscae or GTAV look very blurry and brown-ish/grey-ish though.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
@Kasumilover98, if you are interested in Final Fantasy XV, we should probably continue here. ;)
Regarding your question in the Tekken-thread:
Yes, it is a brand new graphic engine, called the "Luminous Engine". It does look gorgeous! :D Here are the two tech demos, that were so far released:

It does look really pretty...though there are a few glitches/bugs and the framerate isn't very smooth either so far, but what I played of the Episode Duscae demo looks often breathtaking. Especially the animations and the lighting, when the sun is setting. Just magical! :)

18625788058_0c3daa840a_o.jpg

18192894943_23e0192945_o.jpg

(All pics, that I took myself while playing.)
These are breathtaking!! And they developed this whole thing themselves? :-0

Tyaren

Standard Donor
These are breathtaking!! And they developed this whole thing themselves? :-0

Yes, it's their own engine. Before they had their own engines too. What was again the name of XIII's engine? Final Fantasies were always great, even revolutionary looking. (Only Lightning Returns looked so late in the console generation pretty dated, even ugly imho.)

By the way, guys, I just triggered a new quest with Gladio. O . O So there more than 3 new quests.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD