Final Fantasy Thread

UpSideDownGRUNT

Quoting here to avoid going off topic.
It seems like they've changed what Midgar is like quite a lot in the remake from the trailer. In the original game it looks like it's just filled with small cootage type buildings but in the trailer there was full on skyscrapers etc. Midgar seemed very...steam/cyber punk in the original so I hope it still has that feeling.

Also honestly what the hell's going on with cheetahs pants? Is she just flashing everything there or what?

As far as I'm aware there is two sides of midgar, the rich side of "the plate" and the poor Slums of Midgar which is what the game focuses on with Sector 5, Sector 6 and Sector 7.

Bombing Mission where the trailer takes place is in Sector 1 which is supposed to be the richer side I think.

Also, speaking of VII I beat my 2nd full play through yesterday and the strangest thing happened.

With the finale of Cloud Vs. Sephiroth Sephy attacked Cloud with is normally supposed to trigger Omnislash... But, Cloud instead either just did a normal attack or counter attack which wouldn't make sense because that "fight" doesn't have materia lol

Chapstick

Wow the sword comes with an auto save feature?! Tbh that would completely change the game for the better for me. That seems like it would make it so much more accessible. Tbh I'm really thinking of getting the game now but I'd definitely be going after that sword/bow whatever. And like I said I've completed Botw now so I'm free for a new game...although then there's the last guardian and other games too... :x
The seitengrat bow and autosaving are unrelated lol autosaving was just something that got added to zodiac age

The bow is wayyyy too OP for the game so I would suggest against getting it unless you're a completionist and you want to piss yourself off

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Tbh I'm really thinking of getting the game now but I'd definitely be going after that sword/bow whatever. And like I said I've completed Botw now so I'm free for a new game...although then there's the last guardian and other games too... :x

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

Jadeinchains

Oh okay lol oops! :p So now every new room you go into it saves? That's awesome. And lol maybe I'd go for the weapon If I was having a hard time.

tenor.gif

I have no idea what your talking about i swear... Actually I saw The last guardian in store for only £18 while FFXII is still £40 so chances are I'll go for TLG for now while XII get's cheaper.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Oh okay lol oops! :p So now every new room you go into it saves? That's awesome. And lol maybe I'd go for the weapon If I was having a hard time.

tenor.gif

I have no idea what your talking about i swear... Actually I saw The last guardian in store for only £18 while FFXII is still £40 so chances are I'll go for TLG for now while XII get's cheaper.

And you didn't get it for that price?

5b9242ec637b3d99cb7436f620131335.gif

Jadeinchains

And you didn't get it for that price?

5b9242ec637b3d99cb7436f620131335.gif

I work in mysterious ways much like god ( Lisa )
but I saw it online in a British store so I'd need to pick it up anyway

Also... I umm...overspent a tiny bit on the switch, pro controller and two games so I don't think I should spend anymore for a while lol.

edit: OMG! I just saw the gif! XD Don't shoot! Not over this!

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
@Nikotsumi Iris

She even fits in the Regalia Type-D. I thought it was pretty cool that when you go 1st person view, you can see the silent dialogue exchanges inside lol.

Wow the sword comes with an auto save feature?! Tbh that would completely change the game for the better for me. That seems like it would make it so much more accessible. Tbh I'm really thinking of getting the game now but I'd definitely be going after that sword/bow whatever. And like I said I've completed Botw now so I'm free for a new game...although then there's the last guardian and other games too... :x

Think i'm around 20 hours in within the game, and I have to say, the experience for it when I tried too is far greater than when I first played it (original). This is literally the real version we were suppose to get. It even comes with a 2x/4x speed up feature so no longer will you have to be tied down to certain slowness or getting to a destination without having to wait around so much.

The best part believe it or not, is when you forget everything and that the adventure feels new as if you never played it before. I don't remember what happens here or there anymore etc. lol.

Last edited:

Nikotsumi

@Nikotsumi Iris

She even fits in the Regalia Type-D. I thought it was pretty cool that when you go 1st person view, you can see the silent dialogue exchanges inside lol.
*mashes the like button*

Wait... what??? You can glitch her in your party now??? HOW?
This could make me go back to FFXV right away, I NEED TO KNOW, I mean.... showing me this without any further information is kinda mean xD

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
*mashes the like button*

Wait... what??? You can glitch her in your party now??? HOW?
This could make me go back to FFXV right away, I NEED TO KNOW, I mean.... showing me this without any further information is kinda mean xD

Gotcha, it's actually one fatal mistake by Square.

So what you do is that you get the Regalia Type-D (monster car via the latest update) in story mode. It is automatically unlocked right at the very beginning of the game when you finished hunting the Vagrants mission and the Dualhorn. Get to the chapter where you get Iris, not the first time you meet Iris, the mission where you have to get one of the royal arms and you camp out with her in that forest. Before all that, leave the car at Hammerhorn and travel to Iris via by Chocobo only. Then when the mission starts, hit "return to car". Ask Cindy to change your Regalia to Type-D. Then go off road with the Regalia and go into the rivers that gives you that Oob (Out of bounds trick, the same exact one when people do it with a Chocobo but using the Regalia instead, there's no invisible walls unlike a Chocobo). Then you get a Chocobo and cross the ocean to do that Altissia Swimming Glitch. After that, call Gentiana in Altissia to return to present and then back to past Lucis. Boom, Iris is permanent.

Last edited:

UpSideDownGRUNT

So what you do is that you get the Regalia Type-D (monster car via the latest update) in story mode. It is automatically unlocked right at the very beginning of the game when you finished hunting the Vagrants mission and the Dualhorn. Get to the chapter where you get Iris, not the first time you meet Iris, the mission where you have to get one of the royal arms and you camp out with her in that forest. Before all that, leave the car at Hammerhorn and travel to Iris via by Chocobo only. Then when the mission starts, hit "return to car". Ask Cidney to change your Regalia to Type-D. Then go off road with the Regalia and go into the rivers that gives you that Oob (Out of bounds trick, the same exact one when people do it with a Chocobo but using the Regalia instead, there's no invisible walls unlike a Chocobo). Then you get a Chocobo and cross the ocean to do that Altissia Swimming Glitch. After that, call Gentiana in Altissia to return to present and then back to past Lucis. Boom, Iris is permanent.
This sounds like the kind of BS kids would make up at school back in the 90s but its so detailed that it's probably actually how you do it.

I heavily regret missing a chance to do permanent Aranea before it was patched and I already blew my chance to do that glitch too since in my replay I stopped at Chapter 8

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
This sounds like the kind of BS kids would make up at school back in the 90s but its so detailed that it's probably actually how you do it.

I heavily regret missing a chance to do permanent Aranea before it was patched and I already blew my chance to do that glitch too since in my replay I stopped at Chapter 8

Except it's not. I mentioned Aranea being possible to gltich out before there was even a video out (feel free to check pages way back of me mentioning it). Blame Square for releasing the Regalia Type-D. If this wasn't included, it would not be possible (as far as I'm aware) to permanently add Iris in the party. It's also possible to add Cor if you can sneak the Regalia inside the pathway while Cor is with you, and then hop out the gates to go to a campsite to save. I'll try to get more clips of Iris for Nikotsumi.

I 'think' it's still possible to get Aranea, it's just the spot where people go to has been heavily changed to prevent it. Someone made a video to get her in another area, never tried since that kind of stuff is not my focus and it seems either easier to do it. However, that was like 1.10 patch so not sure if it still works or not.

Last edited:

Nikotsumi

So what you do is that you get the Regalia Type-D (monster car via the latest update) in story mode. It is automatically unlocked right at the very beginning of the game when you finished hunting the Vagrants mission and the Dualhorn. Get to the chapter where you get Iris, not the first time you meet Iris, the mission where you have to get one of the royal arms and you camp out with her in that forest. Before all that, leave the car at Hammerhorn and travel to Iris via by Chocobo only. Then when the mission starts, hit "return to car". Ask Cidney to change your Regalia to Type-D. Then go off road with the Regalia and go into the rivers that gives you that Oob (Out of bounds trick, the same exact one when people do it with a Chocobo but using the Regalia instead, there's no invisible walls unlike a Chocobo). Then you get a Chocobo and cross the ocean to do that Altissia Swimming Glitch. After that, call Gentiana in Altissia to return to present and then back to past Lucis. Boom, Iris is permanent.
Gotcha, thanks!!!!
I already have a save at that point of the game with Iris, but unfortunately the Regalia is with me, damn.
I'm so gonna start a NG just to try this, have to rush through the story like crazy lol.

Edit : Just started a NG loool.

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Gotcha, thanks!!!!
I already have a save at that point of the game with Iris, but unfortunately the Regalia is with me, damn.
I'm so gonna start a NG just to try this, have to rush through the story like crazy lol.

Edit : Just started a NG loool.

Gotcha ahaha. The hardest part is getting back to your car and then leaving the Regalia Type-D out in the open. If you try to leave during out of bounds, sometimes the game will force you in a loading screen and respawn you at the last place you parked (happened to me before and was kinda annoying). Like, the main goal is getting your Chocobo out near Cape Caem by the rocks near the ocean, and then jumping in the water with the Chocobo. The problem is that the newest updates created an invisible wall towards out of bounds Chocobo hoppers, so you use the Regalia Type-D to go pass the invisible barriers and 'then' summon your Chocobo. Ironically, Regalia Type-D will give you a short sentence that you can't go here and then teleport you, but when Iris is in the car, the text does not appear and will not teleport you out of there.

Just incase, I think someone on Reddit will try to make a video since he got it to work too. Better to do that so that you don't have to go through NG+ and not get it to work which will be sad.

Last edited:

UpSideDownGRUNT

Except it's not. I mentioned Aranea being possible to gltich out before there was even a video out (feel free to check pages way back of me mentioning it). Blame Square for releasing the Regalia Type-D. If this wasn't included, it would not be possible (as far as I'm aware) to permanently add Iris in the party. It's also possible to add Cor if you can sneak the Regalia inside the pathway while Cor is with you, and then hop out the gates to go to a campsite to save. I'll try to get more clips of Iris for Nikotsumi.

I 'think' it's still possible to get Aranea, it's just the spot where people go to has been heavily changed to prevent it. Someone made a video to get her in another area, never tried since that kind of stuff is not my focus and it seems either easier to do it. However, that was like 1.10 patch so not sure if it still works or not.
Oh I know, I'm just saying its that elaborate it sounds that way.

I just finished FFXV about a day ago and i still can't believe last boss fight was easier than catching the liege of the lake. That fish made me sweat. Also, did anyone else got the clitch where Ignis is stuck in the car and he does this Titanic standing on it while the car is driving itself? I may post it here but i was wondering if it's old news. (I got very late into this game, loved it, even if the story was rushed.).
The story isn't rushed, its just scattered through so many different pieces of media that it feels that way.

Seriously, most of the story is in crap like a guidebook that isn't available outside of Japan and there's back story in an entirely different game series.

Nikotsumi

Gotcha ahaha. The hardest part is getting back to your car and then leaving the Regalia Type-D out in the open. If you try to leave during out of bounds, sometimes the game will force you in a loading screen and respawn you at the last place you parked (happened to me before and was kinda annoying). Like, the main goal is getting your Chocobo out near Cape Caem by the rocks near the ocean, and then jumping in the water with the Chocobo. The problem is that the newest updates created an invisible wall towards out of bounds Chocobo hoppers, so you use the Regalia Type-D to go pass the invisible barriers and 'then' summon your Chocobo. Ironically, Regalia Type-D will give you a short sentence that you can't go here and then teleport you, but when Iris is in the car, the text does not appear and will not teleport you out of there.

Just incase, I think someone on Reddit will try to make a video since he got it to work too. Better to do that so that you don't have to go through NG+ and not get it to work which will be sad.
Just got at that point (it was so quick lol) : left the Regalia Type-D at Hammerhead, got to the imperial base by Chocobo and fought Aranea, then when I got Iris in the party the Regalia "magically" appeared near her after a few seconds, so I couldn't return to the car (at Hammerheard).... did I do something wrong? xD (perhaps I did have to leave the normal Regalia at Hammerhead?).
A video would be really helpful at this point lol, I'm gonna try again tomorrow anyway.

Btw, I assume the only way to get rid of Iris would be going to Pitioss Ruins, pretty much like Aranea, though I don't see why I should do so since with Iris you can fish and do fishing sidequests, unlike Aranea (I'll still have a separate save for this).

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Just got at that point (it was so quick lol) : left the Regalia Type-D at Hammerhead, got to the imperial base by Chocobo and fought Aranea, then when I got Iris in the party the Regalia "magically" appeared near her after a few seconds, so I couldn't return to the car (at Hammerheard).... did I do something wrong? xD (perhaps I did have to leave the normal Regalia at Hammerhead?).
A video would be really helpful at this point lol, I'm gonna try again tomorrow anyway.

Btw, I assume the only way to get rid of Iris would be going to Pitioss Ruins, pretty much like Aranea, though I don't see why I should do so since with Iris you can fish and do fishing sidequests, unlike Aranea (I'll still have a separate save for this).

Huh, that's weird. Like you still have the save before then right? before you meet Iris?

Yeah, same way as Aranea. I haven't tested that one out but I keep a spare save to have the characters since getting Iris alone just makes me feel on not wanting to do it again lolol.

Jadeinchains

This looks pretty strange... I wonder how it's even going to work, Like do the players all have a camp and they get stuff from doing hunts? I'm gonna guess it will have other things to it than that but who knows... I don't have ps+ either lol so chances are I won't be playing this anyway.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD