Final Fantasy Thread

Jadeinchains

Löl, the Regalia will come to Forza Horizon 3:

Apparently everyone who has FFXV on their Xbox One system will automatically unlock the car in Forza Horizon 3 as well.

So is there also going to be a FFXV track from the looks of things since the car is driving around what looks like Hammerhead. Also lol them randomly focusing on the dog sitting there confused me! XD I guess it was a reference to Luna's dogs or something?

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Can't wait to play this. I explored a lot of this game -- unlocked every god damned item in the game possible; caught every fish and cooked every dish. I'm playing the multiplayer.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
A significant update for FFXV just hit consoles!

First of all you will receive these magitek exosuits for free, that can absorb a lot of damage. They don't work forever though. They have to be recharged for 24 hours (real time) if they are fully depleted.

Final-Fantasy-XV_2017_07-30-17_001.jpg

Other than that new quests have been added after chapter 8 of the game...

Final-Fantasy-XV_2017_07-30-17_004.jpg

They also added some new cross links:

Final-Fantasy-XV_2017_07-30-17_005.jpg

And last but not least, the Moogle Chocobo Carnival has been reopened:

Final-Fantasy-XV_2017_07-30-17_008.jpg

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Am I the only one who's not a big fan of these suits? I mean, not sure but they seem absurdly bulky and dull, they look like something that was from Warframe or something. The colors for them also just seem odd, like some out of place alien tech that was never bothered to be painted. Aren't they suppose to have colors? also are these the same suits? I could of sworn they looked much different.

Nikotsumi

Hmm.... now that I think about it, they kinda remind me of the Rursus from Type-0 (which look like aliens/magitek creatures), and especially Gala, it's definitely because of the helmets though lol.
latest

latest
Either way, they're fugly. Not gonna use them, they even give you invincibility, as if the game wasn't easy enough already.
Would have disliked them less if they'd only had more colors.

Carnival is back, hell yes! The new hunt/quest was ok, finally a new unique enemy.

Last edited:

HajinMonSect

Meh still too busy with other games to revisit FFXV and nothing in this update makes it worth it to me.

I also was never fond of the carnival. Noctis always felt like a lonely loser traversing the carnival by himself in a dorky outfit. Wouldve been better if they padded your choice of Luna, Cidney, Aranea or Iris in a noncanonical adventure. Wouldnt be FF7 date night at gold saucer epic but more fun then it is now.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I just wonder if all the crazy post release stuff that they added in there, like overpowered armor, overpowered items and weapons, a Regalia not bound to roads anymore and lots of other stuff, that I can't all recall right now, doesn't fuck up the game entirely, especially for someone who gets the game just now and plays it for the first time.
The Regalia for example... Yeah, many disliked it being bound to the roads, but that also had its story/lore, gameplay and game progression reasons. First of all, chocobos are basically obsolete from the start now, and that was the only interesting and really rewarding side quest line in the entire game.
Secondly, at the beginning of the game you were supposed to be afraid of the night, its overpowered monsters or soldiers, that would occasionally block the road and send you running, leaving your car behind. That happened to you was actually a pretty cool experience. I still remember that super funny Eurogamer preview video where that happened to the previewers:
From 43:00 on:

Before the game released, they also always stressed that the dark and dangerous nights and you resting at camps or in hotels was important to their vision of the game. Now you don't need to care for that stuff anymore at all. You can offroad the Regalia everywhere you want, also at night, and avoid roads entirely and you have armor from the beginning, that makes you invincible.
Couldn't they at least have added the new exosuits via a late game quest? As a cool reward for infiltrating one of the many Niflheim bases? Nope, they now are in you inventory from the start, the description stating that Cid made them for you. Lol, you don't even really know Cid yet and at first he doesn't even want to repair your car. There's also multiple fetch quests to improve the normal Regalia, but from the moment you get the normal Regalia, you now can also have the overpowered offroad Regalia. No incentive to improve it the usual way anymore.

Mayor-Of-Mustard

Beautiful glitch, I only get the boring ones.

I like how Cor just immensely stares at Gladio's tattoos like we all did when the outfit was unlocked lmao

Jadeinchains

the fans who still stick with this game.

*cough* shade *cough*

I only ever play it when new dlc comes out to be honest lol. Cool with the new things added but I've been busy with other things so I haven't checked it out. I'm guessing though that the carnival isn't changed or anything and is just the same? The quests sound alright though as long as they're actually fun.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
DISSIDIA ARCADE MAJOR UPDATE:

New character reveal on Monday August 7 at 6AM EST... on Niconico... again.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD