Final Fantasy Thread

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
The only true whale man in the entire series is finally here. Aside from strike asthetics/animations and the new Jecht Dunk and new Dash Strike he looks like he plays pretty much the same as before.

Real man, true troll, and best mirror match character. I've never had so much fun in the other games as mirror matching Jecht with a very skilled friend when I worked in New Mexico.

Edit: He also looks fantastic.

Double Edit: I'm reading his EX Skill replaces his old just frame Brave-> HP combos. As in he has to use this skill mid combo to be able to use HP attacks as part of his strings. While that is a shame in NT where number of kills matter this is a good way to make sure he can't just solo kill a team in under ten seconds.

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
The only true whale man in the entire series is finally here. Aside from strike asthetics/animations and the new Jecht Dunk and new Dash Strike he looks like he plays pretty much the same as before.

Real man, true troll, and best mirror match character. I've never had so much fun in the other games as mirror matching Jecht with a very skilled friend when I worked in New Mexico.

Seriously, he went on an entire journey barefooted with Braska. No shoes needed, hot sand and icy cold floors and I'm still trying to figure out on how he did it. The bottom of his feet must be covered in scars or dark black from the manly pilgrimage because I swear, I think people develop abs or chest hair when they go near him.

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I feel as though the logo and end title is another way of saying TN but in reverse, which is NT:

DGoKJ3kUIAApSWB.jpg

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I feel as though the logo and end title is another way of saying TN but in reverse, which is NT:

View attachment 23736
For the record, the abbreviation "NT" according to Square officials stands for "New Tale".

Which is fitting, since the events of this game take place a long time after the 13th cycle ended. Furthermore, unlike the previous installments, all the characters not only recall their memories of what happened in the 13th cycle, but also the memories of the original worlds they lived in.

UpSideDownGRUNT

The site is UK based so its probably UK/Europe only but this is great, as long as you accept to the terms that you can't cancel and must buy the game you get a guaranteed spot in the beta.

Luckily I had the game preordered already, so you can bet I jumped on my code faster than you can say Lightning

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Very unfortunate that chocobo outfit is only in the multiplayer beta. That would of been my go-to outfit from start to finish in the main story.

Jadeinchains

Okay so the last game I played I...completed in only 10 hours so I've decided to move onto the next game I wanted. :p Which Is Final Fantasy XII. I ordered it and It should be arriving later today. ( I payed extra so...It better ) I played XII years ago but not only was I tragically awful at it and never got past some airship section pretty early on I'm pretty sure so I'd love to actually play it again now that I'm actually a fan of FF and know what I'm doing... And actually complete the game now.

I'm looking forward to finally playing as the best FF character again... Which is Fran in case anyone doesn't know.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Lol, and I have finally put the game aside about 1/3 in. XD I have been forcing myself to play at least a bit every couple of days and I was always relieved when I was done. That's not the way you should ever play a game, lol. It turned out to not be my cup of tea at all with a couple of things that I specifically dislike in games.
The combat system quickly began to bore me, it's just really unexciting and repetitive once you got you gambits set. It basically runs on its own. You just have to keep an eye out once it fucks up. Which it only ever does during boss fights, which then annoys me in return.
The story is alright and they actually tell it, in contrast to FFXV, but it just doesn't interest me. Too much focus on politics, and I feel like Vaan is the blandest and most redundant FF main character ever.
Last but not least the world is doing nothing for me. It's vast and varied, but also empty and sterile. There is really nothing to see and do other than grinding, which is so boring with this kind of combat system. I never want to go back to a region and I am actually glad once I finally left one behind. Some are really too big, like the sand sea.
The settlements, especially the one big city, also does nothing for me. It's got no life and charm, it's too big for the sake of being big and very annoying to navigate to buy and sell stuff or to talk to NPCs. No wonder they turned the XIII cities into menus. After XII I hate cities too. XD

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

Lol, and I have finally put the game aside about 1/3 in. XD I have been forcing myself to play at least a bit every couple of days and I was always relieved when I was done. That's not the way you should ever play a game, lol. It turned out to not be my cup of tea at all with a couple of things that I specifically dislike in games.
The combat system quickly began to bore me, it's just really unexciting and repetitive once you got you gambits set. It basically runs on its own. You just have to keep an eye out once it fucks up. Which it only ever does during boss fights, which then annoys me in return.
The story is alright and they actually tell it, in contrast to FFXV, but it just doesn't interest me. Too much focus on politics, and I feel like Vaan is the blandest and most redundant FF main character ever.
Last but not least the world is doing nothing for me. It's vast and varied, but also empty and sterile. There is really nothing to see and do other than grinding, which is so boring with this kind of combat system. I never want to go back to a region and I am actually glad once I finally left one behind. Some are really too big, like the sand sea.
The settlements, especially the one big city, also does nothing for me. It's got no life and charm, it's too big for the sake of being big and very annoying to navigate to buy and sell stuff or to talk to NPCs. No wonder they turned the XIII cities into menus. After XII I hate cities too. XD

Omg lol well I hope my reentry into FFXII is better than your experience was lol. I remember actually liking the combat system though and the cities also the bestiary. Also I actually enjoyed the characters but people do mention that it seems like Bath...er...i.. Whatever the sky pirates name is and Fran are supposed to be the main characters and that it seems like Vaan and Penelo were just added because a higher up wanted young protagonists for some demographic. Oh well though. :p You don't have to like every FF game anyway. I'm determined though to complete it this time since FFX and FFXII were always the FF games that I'd played before becoming a fan but never completed them and I finally completed FFX so now I want to do the same to FFXII! :)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD