Final Fantasy Thread

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
FF7 was a great game. I am in the middle boat due to the milking for this but regardless, I don't mind at all on replaying the entire game with a remake that is enhanced overall.

I'll be positive for once. Let's go FF7! Bring it on!

Xernuht

FF7 was a great game. I am in the middle boat due to the milking for this but regardless, I don't mind at all on replaying the entire game with a remake that is enhanced overall.

I'll be positive for once. Let's go FF7! Bring it on!

I'm on the edge here.

If they can confirm the return of the entire voice cast for both English and Japanese, cool.
If it's not a direct port of VII's gameplay, even better. Maybe incorporate the battlefield movement from the XIII series into the turn-based gameplay from VII, while perhaps taking cues from X in regards to handling the Limit Breaks (mostly just not overriding the Attack command, although the mini-games would be cool, too).
If they redo parts to better fit the Compilation that's formed over the years, then I'm finally sold.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I'm on the edge here.

If they can confirm the return of the entire voice cast for both English and Japanese, cool.
If it's not a direct port of VII's gameplay, even better. Maybe incorporate the battlefield movement from the XIII series into the turn-based gameplay from VII, while perhaps taking cues from X in regards to handling the Limit Breaks (mostly just not overriding the Attack command, although the mini-games would be cool, too).
If they redo parts to better fit the Compilation that's formed over the years, then I'm finally sold.

As long as they don't remove any core elements and strong story moments, I'm all set. They could also take the chance to add additions and improve things like the Arena in Gold Saucer, new locations that are not part of the story but dangerous with the game all together, bonus boss battles other than the Weapons, and at least a flashback to how Sephiroth got into SOLDIER and after his birth during childhood --> teen/adult days, playable/non-playable..doesn't really matter.

TheRealCoxinator

As long as they don't remove any core elements and strong story moments, I'm all set. They could also take the chance to add additions and improve things like the Arena in Gold Saucer, new locations that are not part of the story but dangerous with the game all together, bonus boss battles other than the Weapons, and at least a flashback to how Sephiroth got into SOLDIER and after his birth during childhood --> teen/adult days, playable/non-playable..doesn't really matter.
This is a what if right here... They add a section- no wait even DLC for ff7CC. In some way. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWD.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
People will rage if they fix spelling mistakes and they know it. don't expect too much.

would have preferred an FF7-2 this really didn't need a remake

Chapstick

Lmao fucking winter. They can't port the PC version until winter. Winter. A game that's already made and is only being ported. Winter.

We also won't be hearing anything about the remake until winter.

Chapstick

❄WINTER❄I don't even understand that they announced this shit last year why is it going to take until winter to port it pekfaeioaefepkd

I don't understand why I want it either ): *tries to take back wallet from nostalgia's hands*

Chapstick

Why would you want to play a PS1 game on the console that's getting a full remake in a few years time? lol
That's a very good question which I don't have an answer for

I just... Why on earth did this need to be delayed 6-10 more months when it's a game that's already made

UpSideDownGRUNT

I honestly don't even know why they're even bothering, because the remaster is just better on PC anyway cuz mods and that. Plus the music isnt that great in the remaster.

They also fixed "this guy are sick" into "This guy is sick / ill"( I personally forget)

So did anyone else remmeber him say "first to PS4"? no way in hell would they let Microsoft touch this right?

My impression is that most every game is at least slightly more optimized for one console or the other. Like I hear Skyrim used to break some PS3s and have problems there, but was fine on Xbox. If you ever looked at FFXIII on a PS3 w/ Bravia over an Xbox it looked substantially better. I think developers can cross-platform, but ultimately the game will be running a little better on one console or the other. If SE is picking PS4 as the better one, it makes some sense to release it there first and get the unblemished reviews.

btw, HOLY S--T!

KINGDOM HEARTS 3!!!!!!!!!!

FFXV, FFVII, KINGDOM HEARTS 3, and LAST GUARDIAN!?!?!

Can you say "best E3 EVER"?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chapstick

I honestly don't even know why they're even bothering, because the remaster is just better on PC anyway cuz mods and that
My thought was easy money but it must not be so easy considering they're taking over a year and a half to do it.

Unless they plan on including some incentive with it since the port and new information about the remake are supposed to come out at the same time, WINTER

tumblr_m7xktsCNYB1r8kxmf.gif

TheRealCoxinator

We already knew those games were coming except for last guardian. I called that remake like the day before e3. What i'm hyped as fuck for is the new NieR game. Also KH3 was kinda meh since KH isn't about the combat. That young Xheanort tho.

We already knew those games were coming except for last guardian. I called that remake like the day before e3. What i'm hyped as fuck for is the new NieR game. Also KH3 was kinda meh since KH isn't about the combat. That young Xheanort tho.

WHAT!?!? KH had/has one of the best combat systems of any game. Granted KH1 had some camera angle issues, but those were fixed by KH2 and Birth By Sleep, and the KH system is awesome. I definitely think the awesome combat system is a strong element. If anything, I think the whacky idea of combining happy go-lucky Disney characters with the morose Final Fantasy characters was sold by the brilliant combat system. I wish more games had the KH system! If anyone knows of games with similar playstyle to KH, let me know. Particularly if you go for the optional boss battles and/or play on harder levels, but even the normal level boss fights have some great mechanics and aren't necessarily walks in the park. By the time you get to the Hades Paradox Cup it definitely isn't easy to win on one run through. I love those KH fight mechanics, love them!

post-36877-agree-to-disagree-gif-Anchorma-kFLi.gif

TheRealCoxinator

WHAT!?!? KH had/has one of the best combat systems of any game. Granted KH1 had some camera angle issues, but those were fixed by KH2 and Birth By Sleep, and the KH system is awesome. I definitely think the awesome combat system is a strong element. If anything, I think the whacky idea of combining happy go-lucky Disney characters with the morose Final Fantasy characters was sold by the brilliant combat system. I wish more games had the KH system! If anyone knows of games with similar playstyle to KH, let me know. Particularly if you go for the optional boss battles and/or play on harder levels, but even the normal level boss fights have some great mechanics and aren't necessarily walks in the park. By the time you get to the Hades Paradox Cup it definitely isn't easy to win on one run through. I love those KH fight mechanics, love them!

post-36877-agree-to-disagree-gif-Anchorma-kFLi.gif
It does have great combat but that doesn't necessarily mean that's what it's about. Like DOA it's about fighting but DOA is played for the tits. I can't wait for the game tho. Gunna replay all the other ones except for the poopy ds ones (other than the glorious 385/2)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD