Final Fantasy Thread

HajinMonSect

Aside from villains aren't Tifa, Yuna and Aerith the only legacy characters missing?
no. Aerith was never a playable character she was just a preorder bonus that only was an assist character because apparently Square had no idea how to make her fight.

Kain, Gilgamesh, Gabranth and Laguna all havent been revealed, I think.

Honesty this reveal character things are pretty boring to me. They are just revealing people that was already playable, in the base game. It would be fun if I was waiting for possibly Aranea, Rinoa, Vincent, Celes etc. Who anticipates characters that BETTER be in it or no buy.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Honesty this reveal character things are pretty boring to me. They are just revealing people that was already playable, in the base game. It would be fun if I was waiting for possibly Aranea, Rinoa, Vincent, Celes etc. Who anticipates characters that BETTER be in it or no buy.
Personally, I find it refreshing - and even fascinating - to see how the returning characters would work in a 3v3 environment with completely different mechanics outside of the core elements shared with the original's 1v1 format. Some are simply excited just to see how much of a facelift their character models look from their PSP counterparts. Others just for the sake of pitting their own dream team of FF characters against another.

Either way, the process of reworking them in 3v3 is not an easy task, even less so if TN intends to balance it for competitive play as much as possible, and these things take time. That should explain the slow development time for each character.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I hope they won't do what I think they'll do and make highly requested characters like Tifa and Yuna DLC, that would really piss me off..

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I hope they won't do what I think they'll do and make highly requested characters like Tifa and Yuna DLC, that would really piss me off..
Then consider yourself pissed. They're all but guaranteed to be part of the season pass post-release.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Then consider yourself pissed. They're all but guaranteed to be part of the season pass post-release.
Ugh what a nasty business practice -_- putting in less popular characters as priority over veterans who many want XD it's whatever tho, I guess they know how to make their money alot better that way...

HajinMonSect

Ugh what a nasty business practice -_- putting in less popular characters as priority over veterans who many want XD it's whatever tho, I guess they know how to make their money alot better that way...
Its past nasty and moved on to shitty considering the fact that Tifa was already playable in the second dissidia.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Its past nasty and moved on to shitty considering the fact that Tifa was already playable in the second dissidia.
Exactly, it's like if Tekken charges for characters who should've been in from the beginning, and SFV already did that with it's Season 1 pass characters.

If I have to I'll buy tifa tho, although not right away. If they included Yuna's redesign costume with that long section of her hair and those cool boots from her original design I'll likely buy her over Tifa first

Oh and fix her face so it doesn't look as uncanny as it did back then like they did Tidus XD

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Yeah that's Shiva, She's a recurring summon in the series!
I saw her in the beta for NT and liked her design but I would say my favorite one is that guy with the looooonnngggg beard

And even if I don't have Tifa in the starting roster I still have Terra and Onion Knight :-D

DIuiQ82XoAQIXwx

DIuhn0OXYAI8-Bo

I love how much Terra looks a bit like Momiji, hee face model imo is the best on the girls side and Onion is second best behind Sephiroth/Noctis imo XD but of course they weren't in the beta and neither was Ultimecia -_-

HajinMonSect

...yeah count me out. I was never a fan of the transformers summons. I actually liked how ffxv did them though. It brought them back to mystical status its just too bad the summon method wasted them completely.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
loved the XIII take on Shiva.

Twin sisters that fuse to become a motorcycle, so Snow gets to be a badass who rides a bike made of WOMEN! XD

Is he only a badass when he is riding a bike made of women? Only played FFXIII for a few hours.

Finished the fuck out of FFXII. My god. Without question, I will never play that game again. Decent game, decent story. The side stuff is too ridiculous but also puts my OCD on overdrive... but it's done and so is the platinum... so cheers for that.

Argentus

Is he only a badass when he is riding a bike made of women? Only played FFXIII for a few hours.

Finished the fuck out of FFXII. My god. Without question, I will never play that game again. Decent game, decent story. The side stuff is too ridiculous but also puts my OCD on overdrive... but it's done and so is the platinum... so cheers for that.

he was one of my 2 constant party members when given a chance, because he was pretty awesome. Shivacycle, plus being the "monk" of the game, was cool seeing him bare fist all the enemies while throwing grenades.

No... no... Snow is never a badass even when... *sigh* riding Shiva. Well he does get a bit better in Lightning Returns.

he was one of only 2 badasses in FFXIII, Snow and Fang. Could argue Szazh or however you spell it was another, he was cool too.

UpSideDownGRUNT

If you count being a reckless idiot and fucking things up badass, then yeah I guess he's a badass.

Lightning was pretty much always the star of the show, they showed her off as the cloud-esque soldier girl right off the bat.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD