Final Fantasy Thread

UpSideDownGRUNT

I'd honestly rather new characters for DLC like Aranea, Caius maybe a Crossover for funsies but I wouldn't put it past them to save fan favourite nonprotags like Yuna/Tifa for dlc

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I'd honestly rather new characters for DLC like Aranea, Caius maybe a Crossover for funsies but I wouldn't put it past them to save fan favourite nonprotags like Yuna/Tifa for dlc
Aranea and Seifer may end up being unique costume skins for Kain and Squall, respectably, much like Edea was for Ultimecia.

Caius might be pushed to Season 2.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
It kinda sucks that other numbered Final Fantasies in Dissidia have a protagonist and an antagonist in the game, FFXIII and FFXV however don't. Even though Caius is just from the wider XIII series, he should be in from the start und Ardyn should be in for FFXV from the start. :/

Cool promo art for Episode Ignis by the way:

DNe1PmFVAAEooNM.jpg:orig

Jadeinchains

Okay so how come I ONLY just realized Noctis and Luna are in that image?!...Seriously I looked at it and only saw Ignis and the other guy... I'm one blind ass bitch, Whatever. It looks really cool from what I've seen of it, Although It's really weird from what we've seen that Luna's brother the way he's talking over her dead body...like..your sister just died you think he'd show a little more raw emotion than kinda doing some full on sentence over it but oh well.

PS: Luna is literally dead in that above image and she's still serving more of a look than all three of the rest of them combined.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Although It's really weird from what we've seen that Luna's brother the way he's talking over her dead body...like..your sister just died you think he'd show a little more raw emotion than kinda doing some full on sentence over it but oh well.

They are pushing the romance angle of Luna and Noctis really hard now that they realized the fans just didn't get it in the original game. To the point where they alter already good cutscenes just to hit you hard over the head with their eternal love. It only makes sense then that a brother, who is an ass and still deeply dislikes Noctis and what Luna had to endure because of her devotion for him, finds the corpse of his sister and begins lamenting: "I wished you could have lived and loved as you please. :("

anigif_enhanced-buzz-1537-1377621562-19.gif

PS: Luna is literally dead in that above image and she's still serving more of a look than all three of the rest of them combined.

Even her hair stays perfectly in place when it actually should have been dangling down here.
Funny, just a bitch slap from Ardyn sufficed to get her hairdo undone before. XD

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

They are pushing the romance angle of Luna and Noctis really hard now that they realized the fans didn't get it in the original game. To the point where they alter already good cutscenes just to hit you hard over the head with their eternal love. It only makes sense then that a brother, who is an ass and still deeply dislikes Noctis and what Luna had to endure because of her devotion for him, finds the corpse of his sister and begins lamenting: "I wished you could have lived and loved as you please. :("

anigif_enhanced-buzz-1537-1377621562-19.gif

Even her hair stays perfectly in place when it actually should have been dangling down here.
Funny, just a bitch slap from Ardyn sufficed to get her hairdo undone before. XD

Yeah It just doesn't make sense to me that In that moment he'd go right into some big speech like that instead of actually being emotional, Especially since what she wanted was to be with Noctis which he constantly got in the way of but oh well...

And yeah I was thinking shouldn't her hair be falling down rather than staying like that but that might have taken a lot of work to do so I was okay them not doing that.

Seriously though why couldn't Luna of survived... I was so interested to see where her story went.

Jadeinchains

Because apparetly Tabata likes to kill most of the characters in his games. Luna's death was so predictable though, she literally had "I'm dead" written on her forehead after Kingsglaive lol.

Honestly after Kingsglaive I really didn't think that she would just get killed off, Especially since she was able to survive everything that happened in Insomnia, She was also prepared to jump out of speeding planes and everything in it. ( Well until Nyx stole every moment from her... ) So it was pretty crazy that she was just slapped to the ground in the story and then stabbed.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
*brother finds his beloved sister abused and stabbed lying next to the idiot who she devoted her whole life to, who she ultimately died for and who the brother hates anyway, because the idiot and his family are in his mind responsible for his family being massacred*

"Oh, I wished you two could have been happy...with beautiful offspring"

tenor.gif

Jadeinchains

Tbh the entire thing in Altissa was Luna's fault for summoning Leviathan in the first place... I mean she did it because she was asking them to help Noctis but...clearly that didn't work out, Not to mention Noctis seemed to get by fine without Leviathan anyway. Still If we are going to learn more about Luna in Episode Ignis and more about what happened immediately after her death then I'm interested to see what happens.

Juihau

It kinda sucks that other numbered Final Fantasies in Dissidia have a protagonist and an antagonist in the game, FFXIII and FFXV however don't. Even though Caius is just from the wider XIII series, he should be in from the start und Ardyn should be in for FFXV from the start. :/
XIV doesn't have an antagonist on the roster either, far as I'm aware. For that matter, Y'shtola herself is kind of more of a supporting character than a protagonist. She doesn't do a whole lot throughout A Realm Reborn, and she's absent for most of the main Heavensward campaign. I don't know about Stormblood, though, to be fair, since I haven't gotten there yet.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Ah, came just here to post the trailer. Of course you were faster. XD

Now finally release the game! :D

But lemme post some new screens from the story mode:

Dissidia-3.jpg

Dissidia-2.jpg

Dissidia-6.jpg

Dissidia-5.jpg

Dem purdy character models. Typically Team Ninja... :)

Awesmic

Standard Donor
DISSIDIA ARCADE UPDATE:

OK, we know Golbez plays completely different from his PSP incarnation. But how much has changed? Well, for starters, Golbez's core gameplay revolves completely around his Shadow Dragon, and is much like Kuja where you must make it a priority to not only keep him alive, but above a certain amount of health.

At full health, Golbez can summon the Shadow Dragon from the start. This indefinitely buffs all his attacks in speed, power, and AOE range as long as the dragon is on screen. However, it has a drawback... Golbez cannot fall under 1000 HP. So his survival priority is similar to Kuja where he can't afford to die (he has to live to sustain the party's buffs through Soul Divider), except this time, Golbez can't afford to lose 2/3 of his health, or he's an average Marksman type.

If you survive long enough until his unique EX gauge is charged, you can activate his unique ability Binding Cold. This move is a deadly serious game changer. Without the Shadow Dragon, it has a fixed range, decently wide AOE, and freezes anyone who touches it in place. However, if you have the Shadow Dragon, you can guarantee an inescapable Binding Cold to the targeted opponent. By far, this is - according to Trueblade Seeker - the best crowd control attack in the game, and is capable of massive Happy Birthday potential if you catch your enemy team bunched up, making Golbez a potentially dangerous adversary no player should sleep on despite his new playstyle.

As of this time, we don't know what his additional HP attacks are besides Nightglow. If he at least has Sector Ray in his arsenal, he has something to fall back on if his Shadow Dragon is compromised.

@XZero264 @DestructionBomb @deathofaninja

Good thing they changed Golbez. He's so cheap in DFF 012 it's not fun anymore.

That detail on the face though :D
Actually, it was the original vanilla Japanese release of Golbez that was problematic. His recovery frames on certain strings were so low that it was possible to deadlock opponents in tight corners such as in Pandemonium by simply dash canceling. This was fixed in the NA release and stayed that way unto 012. He did however gain the ability to delay Cosmic Ray from any BRV attack, and though it is an online-specific glitch, it was possible for Genesis Rock to cut frames and hit early.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD