We are Fighters

Final Fantasy Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aerospark, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Awesmic

Awesmic Well-Known Member
    Standard Donor

Main Character:
    Christie
    Gamertag:
    Awesmic
    3DS Friend Code:
    4425-1552-0190
    PSN ID:
    Awesmic
    DISSIDIA ARCADE UPDATE:

OK, we know Golbez plays completely different from his PSP incarnation. But how much has changed? Well, for starters, Golbez's core gameplay revolves completely around his Shadow Dragon, and is much like Kuja where you must make it a priority to not only keep him alive, but above a certain amount of health.

At full health, Golbez can summon the Shadow Dragon from the start. This indefinitely buffs all his attacks in speed, power, and AOE range as long as the dragon is on screen. However, it has a drawback... Golbez cannot fall under 1000 HP. So his survival priority is similar to Kuja where he can't afford to die (he has to live to sustain the party's buffs through Soul Divider), except this time, Golbez can't afford to lose 2/3 of his health, or he's an average Marksman type.

If you survive long enough until his unique EX gauge is charged, you can activate his unique ability Binding Cold. This move is a deadly serious game changer. Without the Shadow Dragon, it has a fixed range, decently wide AOE, and freezes anyone who touches it in place. However, if you have the Shadow Dragon, you can guarantee an inescapable Binding Cold to the targeted opponent. By far, this is - according to Trueblade Seeker - the best crowd control attack in the game, and is capable of massive Happy Birthday potential if you catch your enemy team bunched up, making Golbez a potentially dangerous adversary no player should sleep on despite his new playstyle.

As of this time, we don't know what his additional HP attacks are besides Nightglow. If he at least has Sector Ray in his arsenal, he has something to fall back on if his Shadow Dragon is compromised.

@XZero264 @DestructionBomb @deathofaninja

Actually, it was the original vanilla Japanese release of Golbez that was problematic. His recovery frames on certain strings were so low that it was possible to deadlock opponents in tight corners such as in Pandemonium by simply dash canceling. This was fixed in the NA release and stayed that way unto 012. He did however gain the ability to delay Cosmic Ray from any BRV attack, and though it is an online-specific glitch, it was possible for Genesis Rock to cut frames and hit early.

XZero264 and DestructionBomb like this.
  2. DestructionBomb

DestructionBomb Well-Known Member
    Standard Donor

Main Character:
    Akira Yuki
    Gamertag:
    Destructi0nBomb
    PSN ID:
    DestructionBomb
    Steam:
    DestructionBomb
    Good stuff, can't wait to try Golbez out. It looks like all the original vanilla characters are in, 012 and new characters are all that's left.

3. SilverForte

SilverForte Well-Known Member

Main Character:
    OMEGA
    Gamertag:
    Silver Forte58
    Nice to see golbez back. Now for Gabranth.

4. DestructionBomb

Standard Donor

Main Character:
    Akira Yuki
    Gamertag:
    Destructi0nBomb
    PSN ID:
    DestructionBomb
    Steam:
    DestructionBomb
    He might not make the default cut but I could see him as DLC or second season. Gabranth is going to be a character who's going to change a lot seeing as he was EX material.

5. SilverForte

Main Character:
    OMEGA
    Gamertag:
    Silver Forte58
    Yeah Im going to be waiting for him to drop before I get the game. Also want Tifa and Gilgamesh back.

DestructionBomb likes this.
  6. UpSideDownGRUNT

UpSideDownGRUNT Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    UpSideDownGRUNT
    IMG_20171110_072921.jpg

Comrades will apparently have a solo campaign and AI partners in the full release, thank god this didn't turn out multiplayer only like it seemed to be.

While I am sick of seeing/hearing about FFXV by now I'll probably give this a shot assuming it doesn't need plus which it shouldn't if it has single player and AI but you never know these days.

7. Tyaren

Tyaren Well-Known Member
    Standard Donor

The cute Prompto pic in bigger:

[​IMG]

8. HHH816

HHH816 Well-Known Member

Main Character:
    Bayman
    PSN ID:
    HHH_816
    i've got the update now, about 4 gb. just bug fixes..

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  9. DestructionBomb

Standard Donor

Main Character:
    Akira Yuki
    Gamertag:
    Destructi0nBomb
    PSN ID:
    DestructionBomb
    Steam:
    DestructionBomb
    Simply because it's Final Fantasy related:

10. Tyaren

Tyaren Well-Known Member
    Standard Donor

Lol, that surprised me...and surprised me not all. XD FFXV is everywhere!
    Still kinda cool, but I really dislike Tekken/Tekken7. :/
    A shame that Noctis wasn't licensed for DOA6. You know, the Dead Fantasy thing had a huge fan following some years ago...and Team Ninja is already working with the Final Fantasy brand with Dissidia.
    But Tekken is a much bigger brand than DOA and DOA6 isn't coming anytime soon. Can't be helped...

11. Nikotsumi

Nikotsumi Well-Known Member

Main Character:
    Honoka
    Gamertag:
    Nikotsumi
    LOL this is so random, don't know how to feel about it.
    I don't think I'll even use him cause I'm not fond of that playstyle (from what I've seen). Gladio is the only one from XV who could have been more "fitting" for the game I guess, still cool though.
    I'm just sad DOA doesn't have a FF character yet.

12. Awesmic

Standard Donor

Main Character:
    Christie
    Gamertag:
    Awesmic
    3DS Friend Code:
    4425-1552-0190
    PSN ID:
    Awesmic
    DISSIDIA ARCADE/NT UPDATE:

This is not a troll nor a joke. I repeat. This is not a troll nor a joke.
    A recent interview has confirmed that Dissidia NT will have at least 60 minutes worth of cutscenes in the game's story, and each cutscene will be unlockable the more you play the game.

They've also further confirmed that the game will in fact have a standard online lobby system, as well as a spectator mode in online lobbies. So it's safe to say that the lobby size will at the very least hold 9 players (18 at best).

Finally, to all who were concerned about characters from the original and 012 roster being ousted until Season 2, rest easy. The director has confirmed in a recent interview that they will take top-priority post release, then focus on characters we've never seen in a Dissidia game before... which now confirms the 6 DLC characters scheduled for post-release are IN FACT the remaining characters Yuna, Tifa, Prishe, Gilgamesh, Laguna, and Gabranth.

It's officially confirmed, guys. Season 1 will have all 012 characters intact, plus Ace, Y'shtola and Ramza obviously.

And before anybody brings it up and wants to get technical, I know Feral Chaos was a playable character, but if you've been paying attention to the game's story setting, he obviously won't be in it since Chaos and Cosmos are completely dead, and this takes place long after the events of the PSP Dissidia.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dissidia/comments/7c4p9b/square_enix_members_dissidia_final_fantasy_nt/

13. UpSideDownGRUNT

PSN ID:
    UpSideDownGRUNT
    With any luck, PSX 2017 will have FFVII Remake news and possibly show off everyone's favourite busty tough girl next door. So it's possible her design in NT will be based on VIIR or at least have a VIIR alternate

Jadeinchains and Project Bokuho like this.
  14. Project Bokuho

Project Bokuho Lady Helena's Pet
    Premium Donor Standard Donor

Main Character:
    Helena Douglas
    Gamertag:
    Project Bokuho
    PSN ID:
    HelloMrBokiHoki
    inb4 feminits ask TN to take away her cups :rolleyes:

15. Awesmic

Standard Donor

Main Character:
    Christie
    Gamertag:
    Awesmic
    3DS Friend Code:
    4425-1552-0190
    PSN ID:
    Awesmic
    Good luck with that. They didn't take away Edea's in Dissidia Arcade.

16. DestructionBomb

Standard Donor

Main Character:
    Akira Yuki
    Gamertag:
    Destructi0nBomb
    PSN ID:
    DestructionBomb
    Steam:
    DestructionBomb
    Adult Noctis should be an alternate costume in Sou- I mean T7:

DOfAUlWUQAAd4LX.jpg

SilverForte and Project Bokuho like this.
  17. SilverForte

Main Character:
    OMEGA
    Gamertag:
    Silver Forte58
    Noctis is aight, I would really like his older version to be an option.

18. UpSideDownGRUNT

PSN ID:
    UpSideDownGRUNT
    Square Enix already nerfed Tifa's boobs lol Advent Children, Dissidia 012, basically anything not the OG game.

The only character get boob buffs was Lightning cuz Toriyama wanted the bikini armours to be "filled out" better lol TN kept her C cups in Dissidia NT though obviously

19. Tyaren

Tyaren Well-Known Member
    Standard Donor

Gonna bring this in here to not derail the Tekken thread:

I always wonder if people actually played the game, when they dismiss Noctis like that. It's easy to jump to conclusions looking at just his exterior: Anime pretty boy, emo hair, all black clothing...but, surprise, he's actually far from being the stereotypical brooding wannabe Sasuke.
    Noctis shows way more personality and nuances than protagonists like Lightning or Cloud.
    Despite his looks and despite being a pampered prince, Noctis is a dork, he's nerdy, he's awkward and insecure around people other than his best friends. He's humorous, compassionate, he doesn't shy away from showing emotion and he actually has character growth over the course of the game. By the end of the game he is a likable character.

[​IMG]

And that's coming from me, someone who thinks FFXV has some of the worst story telling in recent video game history...*sigh*

XZero264 and KwonJigglypuff like this.
  20. UpSideDownGRUNT

PSN ID:
    UpSideDownGRUNT
    Noctis as likable? Maybe its because after a certain point I just stopped caring and decided cut scenes were time to check twitter, fsd etc. But I never felt Noctos was likable at all.

None of the XV characters really took me by surprise or made me go "wow, this character is really cool!/moving" not even my favorite character in the game Aranea she's boring as wood since she's literally just Lightning with Grey-blonde hair and Fang's personality.

Idk if it's cuz the dub fucked up character pitrayals or what, I saw a video a while ago how Noctis in the English localisation is completely different from Japanese Noctis.

The ONLY character I like is Ardyn but its more of a this character is so despicable I can't help but love to hate him but I think that's partly due to his VA