Final Fantasy Thread

Nikotsumi

Well, I now have my Dissidia copy preordered. It's a shame it doesn't include the season pass and has to be bought separetely.
Customization seems interesting, as well as the 1v1 mode and an actual tutorial.
Not of a fan of how they handled the story, but, oh well...

Now they just have to reveal the DLC characters, with Yuna being one of them and the hype will be real *finger crossed*

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Not exactly news, but still Dissidia related. Found this funny video that pretty much sums up strawman complaints about Dissidia NT from 012 fanboys... it was too funny not to share IMO.

Don't mind the typo on "developer support"; the guy who made this vid must've had issues with Movie Maker.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Even Aranea thinks Puronputo-kun is so cool! :D

9GLPHFv.gif

@Project Bokuho

Also...

DR4uJxmVwAEpjjL.jpg:large

UpSideDownGRUNT

Speaking of, NT is out in Japan! And better yet there's NO micro transactions for the treasure box system. Square either learned from EA's mistakes OR they haven't gone to the darkside of micro transactions yet.(in a main console game anyhow)

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Speaking of, NT is out in Japan! And better yet there's NO micro transactions for the treasure box system. Square either learned from EA's mistakes OR they haven't gone to the darkside of micro transactions yet.(in a main console game anyhow)
inb4 microtransactions to boost Tifa's boob size Kappa

Awesmic

Standard Donor
DISSIDIA NT UPDATE (WARNING: MAY BE DISAPPOINTING FOR FANS OF CERTAIN RETURNING CHARACTERS.):

SquareEnix: "We intend to make returning characters from previous Dissidia titles a priority."

*First batch of DLC characters are revealed as follows:

1) Male, All-New to Dissidia, Later-Era FF games.
2) Male, All-New to Dissidia, Early-Era FF games. (Could be Minwu or Locke)
3) Female, All-New to Dissidia, Later-Era FF games.
4) Male, All-New to Dissidia, Later-Era FF games.
5) Either Yuna, Prishe, or Tifa.
6) Male, All-New to Dissidia, Later-Era FF games.

Well... shit. Whether it's Yuna, Tifa, or Prishe, one thing is certain... fans of at least two of those three (as well as Gilgamesh, Laguna, and Gabranth) will have to wait a while longer.

Personally it doesn't bother me as much as it will others, but trust me, I understand the magnitude of disappointment that will be felt with this reveal, especially after seeing that interview from a few months back. But I guess the demand from their home country's audience is very different from international audiences. *sigh*

Jadeinchains

Honestly It should just be a thing that Yuna and Tifa are going to be added, Out of those two though I'd say Yuna personally. She saved Spira Three times, 1.Ending the cycle of Sin. 2. The release of her hit single "real emotion" and 3. Her defeating vegnagun/ the release of her second hit single "1000 words, ft Lenne"....plus I've played FFX and FFX-2 and haven't played FF7...........

For the new girl that's getting added I obviously want Fran but...that isn't likely so I'd guess maybe Serah or Aranea? Maybe Paine or Rikku too though.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Honestly It should just be a thing that Yuna and Tifa are going to be added, Out of those two though I'd say Yuna personally. She saved Spira Three times, 1.Ending the cycle of Sin. 2. The release of her hit single "real emotion" and 3. Her defeating vegnagun/ the release of her second hit single "1000 words, ft Lenne"....plus I've played FFX and FFX-2 and haven't played FF7...........

For the new girl that's getting added I obviously want Fran but...that isn't likely so I'd guess maybe Serah or Aranea? Maybe Paine or Rikku too though.

Yuna's dead...
...and Fran too. D:

I think Tifa and Aranea are very obvious. Big fan community for both (geez, I wonder why, lol) and they've mentioned thinking about adding them.

Jadeinchains

Yuna's dead...
...and Fran too. D:

I think Tifa and Aranea are very obvious. Big fan community for both (geez, I wonder why, lol) and they've mentioned thinking about adding them.

Your faves are gonna be dead too soon. ;)

Lol yeah well I'm sure you'll be happy @Project Bokuho If Aranea get's added in. :p Tifa and Aranea are cool though so I'd be okay If they got in. Definitely would like to see Yuna though and I say Serah too since she was technically a protagonist but hasn't been added yet.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Alright, my DLC character projection:

1) Male, All-New to Dissidia, Later-Era FF games. Ardyn (FFXV)
2) Male, All-New to Dissidia, Early-Era FF games. Zack (FFVII, Crisis Core)
3) Female, All-New to Dissidia, Later-Era FF games. Aranea (FFXV)
4) Male, All-New to Dissidia, Later-Era FF games. Caius (FFXIII-2)
5) Female, Previously Appeared in the Dissidia. Yuna (FFX, FFX-2)
6) Male, All-New to Dissidia, Later-Era FF games. Balthier (FFXII)

What are your guesses? :)

Last edited:

UpSideDownGRUNT

*First batch of DLC characters are revealed as follows:

1) Male, All-New to Dissidia, Later-Era FF games.
My guess is either Ardyn or Caius since XIII and XV don't have antagonists yet.

2) Male, All-New to Dissidia, Early-Era FF games.
Hmmm how early is early? Would this also mean OS1 era? Or specifically 1-6?

3) Female, All-New to Dissidia, Later-Era FF games.
Definitely someone from XIII-XV, my guess is Fang/Serah for XIII or Aranea for XV

4) Male, All-New to Dissidia, Later-Era FF games.
XIV antagonist maybe?

5) Either Yuna, Prishe, or Tifa.
Let's be honest its gonna be Tifa...

6) Male, All-New to Dissidia, Later-Era FF games.

Probably Ardyn or Caius whoever didn't get in the first time, unless they pull out Snow, Noel or like Gladio etc.

Jadeinchains

Please if its between Tifa or Tuna let it be tuna, its actually sad that we have to choose and they aren't both getting added. For completely new female I'm sticking to Serah or Aranea, they seem most likely. For the rest I have no idea.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Please if its between Tifa or Tuna let it be tuna, its actually sad that we have to choose and they aren't both getting added. For completely new female I'm sticking to Serah or Aranea, they seem most likely. For the rest I have no idea.

Tuna? XDDD Is that a nickname or meme regarding Yuna that I've never heard about before?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD