Final Fantasy Thread

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Final Fantasy creators were asked what the best Final Fantasy game is and why:
https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...hosen-by-the-franchises-creators/#sf180699949

Motomu Toriyama (Final Fantasy XIII director and creator of Raitoningu) had following to say, lol:
"The best: Final Fantasy XIII
Why: Because I can confront any powerful enemy if I’m with Lightning, the strongest heroine."

Lol, this is how Toriyama introduced the game Lightning Returns to the press back then:

ka7MD.png

...and didn't his wife leave him too because of his obsession over Raitoningu?

Jadeinchains

Final Fantasy creators were asked what the best Final Fantasy game is and why:
https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...hosen-by-the-franchises-creators/#sf180699949

Motomu Toriyama (Final Fantasy XIII director and creator of Raitoningu) had following to say, lol:
"The best: Final Fantasy XIII
Why: Because I can confront any powerful enemy if I’m with Lightning, the strongest heroine."

Lol, this is how Toriyama introduced the game Lightning Returns to the press back then:

ka7MD.png

...and didn't his wife leave him too because of his obsession over Raitoningu?

The creator of XIII thinks XIII is the best...Well I'm sure he's not biased at all lmao. XD And I'm guessing Lightning is his favorite character since he created her too. I mean it's not like I can talk since I really like Lightning too and XIII could be my favorite but still. :p

And really at the wife thing?

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
So they did make a mistake by Ignis' bonus costume hair not being disheveled! In the recent patch they fixed this. :)

477364-AA1.jpg');

Ifrit has a different look too. He's now blue skinned and visibly corrupted by the starscourge:

Woa, when did Ifrit get the new look? was this mentioned? which patch was that?

Also, noticed people using that new capture card 4K. it's $400 but I might be able to get it. First capture card that ever went up that high. Most captures are under $300.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Woa, when did Ifrit get the new look? was this mentioned? which patch was that?

It came with the most recent patch which came out a couple of days before. It's more fitting to the game's lore, since he isn't himself anymore, but corrupted by the starscourge and Ardyn's bad influence. They changed Shiva's interaction with him too now. She acknowledges that they had been lovers once.

Other changes in the latest patch:
- You can now spar with Aranea at campsites
- You can instantly switch to night or day at each campsite without resting
- The guy in Altissia who you trade oracle coins with got more unique stuff to trade
...and a couple less important stuff that I've forgotten about right now, lol.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Apparently corrupted Ifrit will have story reasons in the expanded Insomnia dlc too and he has gained more HP for his fight in chapter 14.

Aranea training is cool but a massive mixed bag, if you haven't touched the final parts of the game since you finished it the first time like me she's a bit too OP but if you're like 120 she's apparently too easy lol

UpSideDownGRUNT

Now I'll admit. I actually do like Lightning, but FF13 sucks. The entire battle system was one of the worst things I have ever seen, The whole game was a hallway, there nothing at all redeming about this game, except for Lightning, Serah, Snow, and Noel.
Quoting here to not derail SC thread.

Now, I'd like to tell you that you are completely wrong with most of this...

The game was actually not a "hallway" in fact its no more linear than a FFX map or a Tales of game map, hell if you want a call out a game for being a hallway look at the the 2nd half of FFXV closed of linear dungeons, a train, literal hallways in chapter 13 lol

I also disagree that "the battle system is the worst" because it really isn't... Is it great? No, but its not the worst at all.

You have character roles, staggering and AI partners right? I'll give you that AI partners are dumb as hell and SE didn't really learn in those 6 years cuz FFXV's party AI is just as bad(if not worse tbh)

Character Roles and staggering are the real meat of the battle system, you need to mix and match different character roles for the situation which is easy as hell to read. Use Ravagers to combo chain and then use commandos to do big damage once the enemy is staggered. Easy, mix and match ravager and commando in stagger and you basically win... Ravagers stop the stagger metre from falling as fast and Commandos with launch(AKA Lightning and Fang) are unstoppable.

Saboteurs and the buffers are integral at the start of a fight and Sentinals are great against a big attack since they reduce damage in the whole party.

If you mean Auto Battle? NEVER. USE. AUTO. BATTLE. It completely fucks up combos and doesn't work with strategy in mind.

Also, FFXIII trilogy's soundtrack is really good and Lightning Returns is definitely one of the better modern FFs

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I haven't played the beta a lot, but it seems I'm really gonna enjoy Dissidia NT, even though I totally suck lol.
I was most of the times in the losing team, finding myself chased by two people and then get beaten up. I always forget to switch targets every time the opponent becomes invulnerable (I'm not fond of this feature).
Been playing mostly Squall (the 2nd character in did use the most in 012), Noctis and Ace. Tried out Vaan, Bartz and Tidus as well.
Also noticed that some characters have way too few bravery attacks (Tidus....), I'll look more into the movesets when the game comes out though.

Now... Yuna's reveal when?
Tidus is unique when it comes to his BRV moveset. Try using Up and Down while dashing and doing a BRV attack.

Nikotsumi

Tidus is unique when it comes to his BRV moveset. Try using Up and Down while dashing and doing a BRV attack.
Yeah, figured it out when I was messing around with the movesets when I got the game.
I think I'll stick with Squall, Ace and Noctis for now. I like using Tidus and Vaan (surprisingly, still #DeleteVaan though) as well.
Terra for those damn boss battles in "story" mode lol.

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

The game was actually not a "hallway" in fact its no more linear than a FFX map or a Tales of game map, hell if you want a call out a game for being a hallway look at the the 2nd half of FFXV closed of linear dungeons, a train, literal hallways in chapter 13 lol

I also disagree that "the battle system is the worst" because it really isn't... Is it great? No, but its not the worst at all.

You have character roles, staggering and AI partners right? I'll give you that AI partners are dumb as hell and SE didn't really learn in those 6 years cuz FFXV's party AI is just as bad(if not worse tbh)

Character Roles and staggering are the real meat of the battle system, you need to mix and match different character roles for the situation which is easy as hell to read. Use Ravagers to combo chain and then use commandos to do big damage once the enemy is staggered. Easy, mix and match ravager and commando in stagger and you basically win... Ravagers stop the stagger metre from falling as fast and Commandos with launch(AKA Lightning and Fang) are unstoppable.

Saboteurs and the buffers are integral at the start of a fight and Sentinals are great against a big attack since they reduce damage in the whole party.

If you mean Auto Battle? NEVER. USE. AUTO. BATTLE. It completely fucks up combos and doesn't work with strategy in mind.

Also, FFXIII trilogy's soundtrack is really good and Lightning Returns is definitely one of the better modern FFs

Yeah I know that a lot of people have problems with 13 for multiple reasons or whatever but... I really like it and I liked it enough as the first FF game I played that it really got me into the series, Snows annoying but the characters in general were great. And Lightning is pretty much the face of the series now. At least the female one anyway and I enjoyed the world of Gran Pulse and Cocoon etc even if it was kinda confusing at times.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Bartz: When life gives you melons, squeeze them dry!

ExDeath: The laws of the universe means nothing to me!

- Dissidia NT

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Yeah, figured it out when I was messing around with the movesets when I got the game.
I think I'll stick with Squall, Ace and Noctis for now. I like using Tidus and Vaan (surprisingly, still #DeleteVaan though) as well.
Terra for those damn boss battles in "story" mode lol.
For future reference, an entire team of Marksmen will give you the easiest time plowing through the summon/boss gauntlet, provided you completed the story mode already.

Oh, and if you really wanna exploit this game for easy loot, run a team with Y'shtola or Emperor in the Core Battle gauntlet. For some reason the AI ignores you (most of the time) if you destroy the core from a certain distance from the barrier, even in higher levels of difficulty.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Yeah, you can get huge amount of score points and easier leveling up for your characters doing that and player level to get more treasures. I recently did that yesterday.

ExDeath: You damnable turtle!

Bartz: A talking turtle!

- Dissidia NT

breathofflame34

Okay, FF 15 had a reason to be linear towards the end, 13 on the other hand didn't. In all other FF's there have been massive worlds to explore, but there has been nothing but a straight line to walk in, from the start of the game till now. (I haven't fully beaten FF 13 yet, but it's just a corridor.) {Also note that I actually didn't like FF 10 either, so... but I do think that Tales Of, or at least Zesteria's (the only game in the series I've actually really played any of, except for Tales of The Abyss, are more open, to me at least then the world of FF 13.)

Auto-Battle is essentially thrust into your face through out the FF 13 games, and often by reflex I'll hit it, assuming it's my normal attack, the stagger system is also very annoying, your only able to do small amounts of damage until you stagger the enemy, but then as soon as you do, they get unstaggered so fast, or are just down right impossible to stagger (Looking at you first Caius fight in 13-2).

The character roles system is actually pretty cool, and I did end up enjoying the feature, I never meant this to mean that I didn't like 13-2 or Lightning Returns, both of those games I thought were pretty good, it's just that I CANNOT stand FF13, which is a shame since I actually the characters, and story in the game, heck I even bought part of the soundtrack on Itunes.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Everyone, @Mama has provided a link to a secret wiki about Sephiroth lol.

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Sephiroth

Sephiroth, also known as The One Winged Angel, is a Jewish-American sociopath, mass-murderer, self-proclaimed "chosen one", founder of the Jenova's Witness religious movement, and pretty much the biggest badass ever.

Sephiroth was born in a laboratory controlled by Shinra Inc., to practicing orthodox parents Hebron Jochanan, one of Nazi Germany's leading mad scientists known by his colleagues as "Hojo", and Lucrecia Halperin, an up and coming boxer. To this day no one is exactly sure where this birthplace is. However, one popular theory holds that it was in the East Prussian shtetl of Nibelheim. He was one of 2 offspring of the Jenova Project. However, his brother is not important; having been disowned by the family for taking a gentile as a bride.

In his early years, Sephiroth was a good Jewish boy; excelling in Hebrew school, and assisting Moshe the Rabbi at the altar during Sabbath. Historians attribute his antisocial behavior later in life as likely a result of his desire to rebel against this traditional Jewish upbringing. As a young adolescent, one of his earliest acts of defiance was having his hair permed and dyed silver.

Sephiroth was born to be the Ultimate Soldier of the Third Reich, with no other real purpose in life apart from a Military career: little more than a living weapon. Shortly after his bar-mitzvah, he was enrolled into SOLDIER, Shinra Inc.'s private army, consisting of genetically engineered Jewish soldiers who were infused with Mako and DNA from an alien named Jenova. The program would not have worked without the alien, as it was needed to help overcome the soldiers own inherent genetic shortcomings. Otherwise, they would have just been a bunch of neurotic mama's-boys with susceptibility to Tay-Sachs and Asthma.

Not having any real chance for a normal childhood, Sephiroth was indoctrinated into the Ultimate Soldier. He proved to be outstanding during his training, a natural at CQC, he also excelled in his firearm and swordsman combat training. And never lost a burping contest. Ever.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD