Final Fantasy Thread

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
It looks like you can add your Comrades custom character as a guest slot in your team in FFXV Royal edition update. Temporarily though, but someone will figure out a way to permanently add it.

UpSideDownGRUNT

My semi "review" of the new dlc.

spoilers obviously.

So this DLC adds a few things and not everything I've done/can do so I'll list out everything that I personally tried.

• Chapter 14's Story Content
  • Chapter 14's Side Quests(that don't need a normal completed save)
  • Royal Vessel mechanics
  • First Person Mode

First up, the story. The change to Insomnia is IMMEDIATELY obvious and its like 5 minutes or so until you meet up with Core and the remnants of the Kingsglaive in a bunker(this is where the sidequests and shops are) when you leave sometimes you get phone calls from Iris and Cindy completely blueballing their fans cuz you can't meet them as far as I can tell.

Ardyn makes an appearance and uses the crystal to make a barrier around the Citadel also meteors than make the sky all fiery red. This also replaces Somnous with a more epic "world is ending" version which sounds like it should be in Type-0 I'm not a fan.

Once at the Citadel Cerberus shows up and the fight is a fair challenge (keep in mind I'm level 54 and recommended level is 45) after the first phase Cor helps and its such a fun fight I can't lie.

Luna fans get thrown a bone here because her spirit shows up with Gentiana and Summons every Eidolon to work together and destroy the shield (including Bahamut which honestly makes his appearance against Ifrit less exciting) This was such a cool cutscene! Like holy crap new Chapter 14 adds so much cool stuff. The best part is next.

Ifrit is basically identical to base game, the only difference is Gentians talks before and after she summons. The real meat is inside the Citadel, as you progress you fight 3 Old Kings of Yore. These fights are not only fun/challenging BUT it implemented the character swap feature in SUCH A COOL AND UNIQUE WAY!! In the final King fight you all do the Ultimate Attack and its so fucking awesome I wish XV had more shit like this. Ardyn is identical as well.

Now there was only 3 quests I could do, Take photos around the city, collect batteries for Cindy at destroy Niflheim bases.

Taking Photos was obvious busywork to fill up time doesn't really do anything except make you explore most of the new map.

Cindys quest was a 50/50.
Good - Killing daemons with your Comrades character (who can't die)
Bad - another pointless fetch quest that doesn't go anywhere...

The best one was destroying bases with Core as they were fun and weren't obvious fetch quests/busywork.

I can't really say much here but on the boat you can not only free roam the seas between Cape Came and Altissia but you can also fish and there's a few new photo ops but that's all I could trigger idk about the big thing shown in the trailer.

First person mode sucks, its hard to see what your doing in combat as it is and FP mode makes it 10x worse... it's only useful for taking screenshots without quality loss/frames and to get a better look at stuff on walls/characters.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor

spoilers obviously.

So this DLC adds a few things and not everything I've done/can do so I'll list out everything that I personally tried.

• Royal Vessel mechanics
  • First Person Mode

First up, the story. The change to Insomnia is IMMEDIATELY obvious and its like 5 minutes or so until you meet up with Core and the remnants of the Kingsglaive in a bunker(this is where the sidequests and shops are) when you leave sometimes you get phone calls from Iris and Cindy completely blueballing their fans cuz you can't meet them as far as I can tell.

Ardyn makes an appearance and uses the crystal to make a barrier around the Citadel also meteors than make the sky all fiery red. This also replaces Somnous with a more epic "world is ending" version which sounds like it should be in Type-0 I'm not a fan.

Once at the Citadel Cerberus shows up and the fight is a fair challenge (keep in mind I'm level 54 and recommended level is 45) after the first phase Cor helps and its such a fun fight I can't lie.

Luna fans get thrown a bone here because her spirit shows up with Gentiana and Summons every Eidolon to work together and destroy the shield (including Bahamut which honestly makes his appearance against Ifrit less exciting) This was such a cool cutscene! Like holy crap new Chapter 14 adds so much cool stuff. The best part is next.

Ifrit is basically identical to base game, the only difference is Gentians talks before and after she summons. The real meat is inside the Citadel, as you progress you fight 3 Old Kings of Yore. These fights are not only fun/challenging BUT it implemented the character swap feature in SUCH A COOL AND UNIQUE WAY!! In the final King fight you all do the Ultimate Attack and its so fucking awesome I wish XV had more shit like this. Ardyn is identical as well.

Now there was only 3 quests I could do, Take photos around the city, collect batteries for Cindy at destroy Niflheim bases.

Taking Photos was obvious busywork to fill up time doesn't really do anything except make you explore most of the new map.

The best one was destroying bases with Core as they were fun and weren't obvious fetch quests/busywork.

I can't really say much here but on the boat you can not only free roam the seas between Cape Came and Altissia but you can also fish and there's a few new photo ops but that's all I could trigger idk about the big thing shown in the trailer.

First person mode sucks, its hard to see what your doing in combat as it is and FP mode makes it 10x worse... it's only useful for taking screenshots without quality loss/frames and to get a better look at stuff on walls/characters.

Did you find Bismark in the water? still haven't triggered that scene (or battle?)

To be honest, I was excited to see the custom Comrade character and was hoping I can keep this character for the remainder of the game. It was the closest thing to getting a female party member at the least.

Someone found a way to keep the character by going off the map in a JPN twitter, been trying to look for it so that I can travel to the past and do hunts.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor

spoilers obviously.

• Royal Vessel mechanics
  • First Person Mode

All this and still no future Aranea? I'll pass.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Gabranth wasn't truly a bad guy to be fair, his sense of justice was different when he was a Judge Magister for Archadia. I did not expect Vayne to play like that though, let alone be included in the game period. Gabranth was an overall better (cooler in a way) character yeah.

A pretty ehh villain but somehow managed to create a cool moveset for him. Neutral but I may actually try him. Looks like FFXII finally has their villain so their role presentation is complete. Ramza, Lightning, and Noctis doesn't have theirs yet so we can probably expect them in the future. Looks like Gabranth returning may not be at thing seeing as Vayne (somewhat) took the spot, @SilverForte - You might get the Genra treatment here if you are hoping for Gabranth my friend.

Vayne being fueled with Grand Magicite power is pretty cool, but fucking damn he was an underwhelming villain in FFXII. People could fall asleep on this guy.

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Yeah, antagonist would be the better term instead of baddie or villain. I wouldn't really know, I did never finish XII. ;) I probably would've enjoyed it back then on the PS2, but now on PS4 it just feels so outdated and restricted. From what I played so far the story and characters are miles ahead of something like FFXV though.

It's so strange and imo a pretty dumb decision that out of all characters they chose Vayne, even above Gabranth, which many have been really waiting for. The first DLC character should've been someone awesome to bring more attention to the game, especially since it sold so disappointingly. Vayne certainly isn't a character that will make many say: "This is the character that I have been waiting for! Now I'll buy the game! :D"

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
It's so strange and imo a pretty dumb decision that out of all characters they chose Vayne, even above Gabranth, which many have been really waiting for. The first DLC character should've been someone awesome to bring more attention to the game, especially since it sold so disappointingly. Vayne certainly isn't a character that will make many say: "This is the character that I have been waiting for! Now I'll buy the game! :D"

Yup exactly how I feel.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Dat character model tho:

DYK5YvgXkAAYVgr.jpg:orig

This is what a Soul Calibur 6 character model should look like. :/

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Yeah, antagonist would be the better term instead of baddie or villain. I wouldn't really know, I did never finish XII. ;) I probably would've enjoyed it back then on the PS2, but now on PS4 it just feels so outdated and restricted. From what I played so far the story and characters are miles ahead of something like FFXV though.

Between this and potentially worse selections like Selphie, Penelo, Zorn/Thorn, Yuffie, Kimahri, Borghen, and especially the Dark King from Mystic Quest... I'll take it.

But I can't help but think Vayne stole the movesets of both Caius Ballad and Cid Raines the more I watch this trailer.

Jadeinchains

Oh Vayne, Well that makes sense although he's really not a favorite of mine so...I was really expecting someone else rather than him like Fran who should really be XII rep. But yeah I feel like it makes sense as the main antagonist of XII but as an actual character not to mention as a dlc one and the first one at that he's definitely not a character that I'm super excited about or anything....

tenor.gif

Actual footage of Yuna sitting in Bevelle waiting on the call to be in dissidia.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Oh Vayne, Well that makes sense although he's really not a favorite of mine so...I was really expecting someone else rather than him like Fran who should really be XII rep. But yeah I feel like it makes sense as the main antagonist of XII but as an actual character not to mention as a dlc one and the first one at that he's definitely not a character that I'm super excited about or anything...
You aren't wrong to feel that way. Looking back on the story again, I'm quite convinced that Judge Ghis and Dr. Cid acted like better antagonists than Vayne Solidor.

Judge Ghis. And Dr. Cid.

Let that sink in.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Between this and potentially worse selections like Selphie, Penelo, Zorn/Thorn, Yuffie, Kimahri, Borghen, and especially the Dark King from Mystic Quest... I'll take it.

But I can't help but think Vayne stole the movesets of both Caius Ballad and Cid Raines the more I watch this trailer.

But, Selphie is a very happy person. You no like happiness and concerts? Also what's wrong with the ninja girl? did she stole your post!? HM!?

Here, this is her theme. Be careful listening for too long or else your materia will get stolen:

Oh Vayne, Well that makes sense although he's really not a favorite of mine so...I was really expecting someone else rather than him like Fran who should really be XII rep. But yeah I feel like it makes sense as the main antagonist of XII but as an actual character not to mention as a dlc one and the first one at that he's definitely not a character that I'm super excited about or anything....

tenor.gif

Actual footage of Yuna sitting in Bevelle waiting on the call to be in dissidia.

Vayne should of been a character in the game already. The fact that we have to pay for this guy is just weird. Seriously, the only reason why I am even attempting is because of his moveset. If he didn't have that, I would of been quite disappointed and never even consider buying him.

It's ok. He was never my favorite either. Just go blunt and consider him lame because............well, he quite is lol.

Last edited:

UpSideDownGRUNT

Yuffie could legit actually be cool especially since its Team Ninja... they kinda have a niche for ninja girls with bandanas lol

Imagine if Yuffie had some ayane moves

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
So Vayne is a Vanguard. His ground back wave gets stronger vs a move with low priority. Vayne might suffer what Jecht suffers which is probably range(?). Might still be manageable.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD