Final Fantasy Thread

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Idk if anyone posted this yet but it seems like they're gonna release a Dissidia Final Fantasy "Core Fighters" type free to play module in Japan November 22nd, it apparently either didn't sell well or there's another game in the Japanese arcades that's stomping NT out

Hopefully it comes to US so I wont have to keep lending my sister my game copy(She ALWAYS plays Klefka, Onion Knight, and Zidane xD)

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Idk if anyone posted this yet but it seems like they're gonna release a Dissidia Final Fantasy "Core Fighters" type free to play module in Japan November 22nd, it apparently either didn't sell well or there's another game in the Japanese arcades that's stomping NT out

Hopefully it comes to US so I wont have to keep lending my sister my game copy(She ALWAYS plays Klefka, Onion Knight, and Zidane xD)

Dissidia Arcades and Gundam Versus are Japan's most played arcades up to date though, Redbull is paying for Dissidia NT and it's eSports #2 top game. Gundam Versus being #1 but that's always been out before Dissidia was even a thing so arcades shouldn't be the reason for Dissidia issues. That's just the user who posted the link voicing his guess.

The console versions definitely took a hit though. Story is pretty alright, but the online matchmaking for the game isn't the best. You could be waiting for episode length time searching for people along with the lobby system being not very popular to the point that sometimes the mode feels hidden or just not used. I think the Core Fighter idea was just part of the initial plan from Square from the get-go seeing as there is a guest pass for the arcades to play as WoL, Cloud, Lightning, and Onion Knight. Dissidia NT definitely didn't draw the big sales but I doubt that was the reason for a limited free-to-play version. Overwatch had something similar or a trial and yet that game sold millions.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
The story imo wasn't all that, there was really no plot, it seemed pretty slapped together and ir basically didn't really explain much but it did basically explain why realistically the 3 on 3 battles occur in all these erratic different locations and why everyone keeps fighting. And I think Overwatch and Fortnite are just more popular because the gameplay appeals to a wide audience, Dissidia is fun to play and watch but I don't see it being as "hype" inducing more or so than Overwatch is. I think once they add a few more characters and content it should hopefully get more attention since I think it's good, albeit a bit limited

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
So if it's free-to-play, who are the default playable characters? Players will have to buy 3 characters to get the party they want.
There aren't any from what that guy posted, it seems like theyre gonna switch out the characters in a timely fashion like they do with Core fighters for DOA5/LR which I think is good, and then they can always purchase who they want later. If they did have starter characters I think the best choices could be Lightning, Cloud, Terra, Warrior of Light and maybe one more notable popular character

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
The story imo wasn't all that, there was really no plot, it seemed pretty slapped together and ir basically didn't really explain much but it did basically explain why realistically the 3 on 3 battles occur in all these erratic different locations and why everyone keeps fighting. And I think Overwatch and Fortnite are just more popular because the gameplay appeals to a wide audience, Dissidia is fun to play and watch but I don't see it being as "hype" inducing more or so than Overwatch is. I think once they add Tifa and Aranea, as well as more content, it should hopefully get more attention since I think it's good, albeit a bit limited
Fixed.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Tifa is ok but I don't care for old hag Hoeranea xD but they'll likely add her soon as compensation since she's popular for some strange reason
We already know you like little boys instead of women, KasumiLover xD

giphy.gif

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
There aren't any from what that guy posted, it seems like theyre gonna switch out the characters in a timely fashion like they do with Core fighters for DOA5/LR which I think is good, and then they can always purchase who they want later. If they did have starter characters I think the best choices could be Lightning, Cloud, Terra, Warrior of Light and maybe one more notable popular character

They might do character rotations similar to DOA with the exception of DLC characters.

One of the main issues that probably wasn't mentioned is that Dissidia Arcades has a better support by the consumers and community over at Japan. Vocally, content, they have consistent people next to Hey Akihabara! with 400+ people at the arcades over at Japan etc. and Square+TN gets revenue share for people constantly playing every day at the arcades.

This just stems that Dissidia just isn't over the top popular over at the west (here) compared to Japan where it's one of the top 3 most played games. Also to mention that Japan players are far better than the west when it comes to the game. It's just a overall better support than the console versions sadly. Dissidia is actually a really good game (gameplay-wise) but the support for the console in the outcome just wasn't mindblowing as one thought it would be. We don't even have arcades since arcades died in the US many ages ago so we don't get that same experience and crowd control.

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
@Chapstick @Jadeinchains @Awesmic Yuna has been confirmed, trailer is up:

Oh wow! Yuna has a skill that can escape HP attacks?? that's pretty good lol.

So we was -somewhat- right that they'll remove her summon attacks from the previous versions, but she retains Valefor at the very least. Everything else from her is different, she looks like a complete overhaul actually and I dig this Yuna.

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

!!!!
finally Yuna gets revealed, She looks so good. So yeah they went with her FFX look rather than FFX-2, Great to see her finally revealed. :)

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Yuna was truly the hype in this 3rd Anniversary stream. My GOD. The excitement from the stream chat alone gave me chills.

People were really, REALLY waiting for this chick to come back. And judging by her totally new moveset that puts her 012 incarnation to absolute shame, it is well worth the wait.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Yuna was truly the hype in this 3rd Anniversary stream. My GOD. The excitement from the stream chat alone gave me chills.

People were really, REALLY waiting for this chick to come back. And judging by her totally new moveset that puts her 012 incarnation to absolute shame, it is well worth the wait.

Speaking of which, she avoided the final hit of Jecht's blade HP attack. Is that an EX skill? that wasn't even Teleport either, I assumed the wedding dressed was the unique EX skill to change her movekit.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Speaking of which, she avoided the final hit of Jecht's blade HP attack. Is that an EX skill? I assumed the wedding dressed was the EX skill to change her movekit.
No, the dress is just an alternate costume.

I think her EX skill involves Valefor as an assist, and that breaker is probably a regular move.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
@Chapstick @Jadeinchains @Awesmic Yuna has been confirmed, trailer is up:

Oh wow! Yuna has a skill that can escape HP attacks?? that's pretty good lol.

So we was -somewhat- right that they'll remove her summon attacks from the previous versions, but she retains Valefor at the very least. Everything else from her is different, she looks like a complete overhaul actually and I dig this Yuna.
YUNA???!!:oops:

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD