Final Fantasy Thread

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
The countdown to Lightning Returns begins! 10 days left until I get my pre-ordered copy from Amazon!

Chapstick

Looks kinda bland, and completely different to JPN's controller haha.

Also, I beat FFVII for the 1st time yesterday. Although it's my least favourite in terms of characters and stuff (minus Yuffie and Tifa lol) it was a pretty fun final dungeon.

My only gripe is that I was a mix of Level 60 (Yuffie) and Level 63 (Cloud/Tifa) and beat Jenova SYNTHASIS and Sephiroph/Safer Sephiroth wayyy too easily, all I had to do was cast Big Guard, regen and use Cure 3 when needed and I had no problems of being low health what so ever. Although, I did use Cloud's/Tifa's and Yuffie's Ultimas though and Mega All/Slash All and Double cut Materias so I did like 4000 - 9999 each hit depending if it was a crit or not.

And the final battle? what a joke! you immediately gain Omnislash after Safer Sephiroth and forced to use it causing you to instantly win. Yu Yevon this was not.

I enjoyed FFX's final bosses, but FFVII's was way too easy. All in all a great game but the final bosses and end enemies were too easy I even had no trouble with Tonberries. I may do the final battle again tonight using none ultimas, hell I might even use Clouds Buster Sword just for a challenge haha.
Did you try fighting Emerald and Ruby Weapon? Out of all my plays I never bothered to because I just bred a gold chocobo on my own but I've heard they're tough.

UpSideDownGRUNT

My LR is already paid for and waiting to be shipped :3
Although, mine doesn't come with any DLC. Not like I actually care though all the pre-order stuff will be available as DLC.
Yuna's FFX-2, Cloud's SOLDIER and Aerith's Garbs are all part of the FF legacy DLC.

KingGhidorah

My LR is already paid for and waiting to be shipped :3
Although, mine doesn't come with any DLC. Not like I actually care though all the pre-order stuff will be available as DLC.
Yuna's FFX-2, Cloud's SOLDIER and Aerith's Garbs are all part of the FF legacy DLC.

Which I'll be buying lmao. This is going to be the one game I have all the DLC for. xD

UpSideDownGRUNT

Lol, I have to admit. Light-chan is pretty hawt in this garb, I may have to buy this JUST because of that haha.
looks like LR is another game along with 5U that'll keep me broke with it's DLC.

LR's Garbs are $4 each or $15 in a bundle I think, which considering what you get isn't a bad price.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Pretty cool. I liked what the did with Duodenum/Parasite Eve outfit crossovers too (Lightning as Aya in DDFF and Aya got a Lightning outfit and Blaze Saber shotgun (a shotgun of all things, it wasn't worth using late game). In the Japanese 3rd Birthday Aya's voice changed when the outfit was selected (same VA for both characters).

Xernuht

yo... yuna's summoner's garb and sphere hunter garb for lightning is sooo strong lol
This kinda extends to the DLC in general. Especially on a fresh new game.

Also, I'm horrible. I'm actually having as much fun messing with garbs as I am fighting monsters and questing. It doesn't help that I buy garbs as a priority.

Aerospark

Standard Donor
I just beat Lightning Returns yesterday and let me tell you something I cried for hours. The story & gameplay is wonderful. The textures... ehhh, but I wish the doomsday clock went a little slower so I wouldn't have to abuse chronostasis so much.

ScattereDreams

I've been trying to finish it but too many obstacles having been keeping me from having any sitdown time.. Need to get through before the weekend is over

UpSideDownGRUNT

I only just got my copy yesterday, so I'm still at the beginning, I'd appreciate spoiler free LR chats :)

btw I'm loving the game, it's a real challenge as well I have never gone through so many potions before o_O holy crap.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Been playing since release and just got to Day 3 because I'm a quest whore. But I did clear the main quests in Luxerion and Yusnaan by Day 2.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD