Final Fantasy Thread

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I don't like galf at all all... but maybe this will help me with newfound respect for the sport, the fishing is awesome so why wouldn't this be awesome too?

Jadeinchains

@Tyaren your post in the Soul Calibur made me remember this...When should we be seeing the next Dissidia dlc character? In fact has the first one from XII came out yet? Still waiting on Fran Yuna and I'm gonna guess Tifa will be in too as dlc.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
@Tyaren your post in the Soul Calibur made me remember this...When should we be seeing the next Dissidia dlc character? In fact has the first one from XII came out yet? Still waiting on Fran Yuna and I'm gonna guess Tifa will be in too as dlc.

I have no idea, lol. I'm not really interested in Dissidia anymore, so seems the rest of the internet. Wasn't *actually can't even remember his name just that he was from FFXII* last released and everyone was like:

tenor.gif

Jadeinchains

I have no idea, lol. I'm not really interested in Dissidia anymore, so seems the rest of the internet. Wasn't *actually can't even remember his name just that he was from FFXII* last released and everyone was like:

tenor.gif

Okay good I'm not the only one that completely forgot his name, And yeah that seemed to be the over all reaction from all sides was just "......this is who the first dlc character is...alright o_o..." And yeah I'm not really interested in Dissidia at this point but I am curious still to see the dlc characters. ( Completely serious Fran would have been a better and more iconic FFXII character than what's his face that was the dlc character ) I'm still guessing that Yuna and Tifa are gonna be in this pack so I just hope that one of them ( preferably Yuna ) is revealed next.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Okay good I'm not the only one that completely forgot his name, And yeah that seemed to be the over all reaction from all sides was just "......this is who the first dlc character is...alright o_o..." And yeah I'm not really interested in Dissidia at this point but I am curious still to see the dlc characters. ( Completely serious Fran would have been a better and more iconic FFXII character than what's his face that was the dlc character ) I'm still guessing that Yuna and Tifa are gonna be in this pack so I just hope that one of them ( preferably Yuna ) is revealed next.

Lol, I have been teasing you that if there's a FFXII DLC character there are like half a dozen more important and popular ones than Fran (which actually is quite popular)...and then they release this guy that hardly anyone even remembers, lol. All bets are off at this point. ;)

Disappointing that Dissidia flopped so much in general...but this might help out the development of DOA6. The sooner TN gives up on Dissidia, the sooner they can fully concentrate on a series that they know will bring them profit.
I'll take all the fetish DLC, alright? I'll never complain again and I'll buy them all! Just release DOA6, please! ;O;

Jadeinchains

Lol, I have been teasing you that if there's a FFXII DLC character there are like half a dozen more important and popular ones than Fran (which actually is quite popular)...and then they release this guy that hardly anyone even remembers, lol. All bets are off at this point. ;)

Fran is the most important FFXII character. But yeah even though I obviously wanted Fran the most If it had turned out to be Ashe or Baltheir ( don't remember how to spell it lol ) I'd have at least understood it because they're important and popular characters.....but out of everyone that's the guy that gets in? Why?

Disappointing that Dissidia flopped so much in general...but this might help out the development of DOA6. The sooner TN gives up on Dissidia, the sooner they can fully concentrate on a series that they know will bring them profit.
I'll take all the fetish DLC, alright? I'll never complain again and I'll buy them all! Just release DOA6, please! ;O;

And yeah It is a shame it didn't do as well as It could have. :I But I do hope that this means If they aren't already that they will focus on Doa6, It can come out in 2019, All the old and new members can return to the forum to celebrate the new hype for a new doa game and speculate. Lisa will be there having survived the explosion. It will be beautiful.

Mayor-Of-Mustard

i started replaying ffxv a couple days ago and honestly if noct's hobby was golf instead of fishing i'd actually bother doing the quests for noct's damn hobby.

honestly i am so bad at fishing
why
why must this happen

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor

Should have included Tifa at launch :rolleyes:

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Dissidia NT PATCH UPDATE:

Today, an unexpected Version 1.07 gameplay patch has went live. Reportedly, the update contains the following:

1) You can now customize while waiting for teammates to assemble in Rank Party matches.
2) When a Rank Party match ends, you now have an option to continue and bypass the lobby and character select menu altogether.
3) There is supposedly a Tournament mode in Custom Match lobbies. (NOTE: As of this time I have yet to test and find out if this is true. Will update this post if I am certain this is true.)
4) Miscellaneous bug fixes.

EDIT:

There is also another update stream on Square's YouTube channel next week, on April 17, 2018 at 7AM EST. Details are unfortunately vague at this time.

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
https://www.pcgamer.com/final-fantasy-15-mod-tools/

The first of the tools releasing this spring will allow modders to create weapons and outfits and then upload them to the Steam Workshop. There will be a set of guidelines for modders to follow, though Square Enix has not yet outlined exactly what those guidelines will be. Later this fall, the devs will also release a level editor. "[Players] can create their own little locations, dungeons, things like that, and play around with the assets we provide," says Tanaka. It won't be powerful enough to create "new characters and original stories yet"—not like Divinity: Original Sin 2's mod tools—though Tanaka says the tools releasing this year aren't necessarily going to be the extent of FF15 modding.

One of the reasons why I should of waited for the PC version instead. I might just use a CT table while waiting for the upcoming tools by them, maybe finish the game on PC, and probably edit stuff (which I've done recently):

unknown.png

Last edited:

Awesmic

Standard Donor
DISSIDIA ARCADE / NT UPDATE:

The information regarding yesterday's stream has been fully translated by Trueblade Seeker, and the information is as follows:

(EDIT: The balance changes as well as the "Character Rework" for Warrior of Light go live in arcades April 19. However, it's unclear whether these changes will take effect on Dissidia NT when Vayne is released, or sometime in June. Will update post as soon as I have clarity.)

Balance Changes (EX Skills)
+ EX Skills "Rend Shield" and "Enfeeble" have an increased AOE of 20 to 25 meters.

- EX Skill "Bravery Conduit" cooldown increased from 45 to 50 seconds.

+ EX Skill "Vacuum" cooldown decreased from 60 to 50 seconds.

+ EX Skills "Poisonga", "Bindga", and "Slowga" have vertical range adjusted by 10 degrees; can only be nullified by projectile HP attacks, goes through projectile BRV attacks.

+ EX Skill "Slowga" debuff duration increased from 10 to 20 seconds.

- EX Skill "Slowga" debuff effectiveness decreased from 30 to 25%.
-------------------------------------------
Balance Changes (Characters)

Emperor Mateus
+ Unique EX Skill "Starfall" has larger small meteors, final meteor can hit multiple enemies.
- Unique EX Skill "Starfall" final meteor stun time reduced by 1.5 seconds.

Golbez
+ HP attack "Genesis Rock" range increased to 5.5 meters.
- HP attack "Genesis Rock" initial frames increased by 5 frames.

Exdeath
+ Dash BRV attack "Reverse Polarity" warp and charge frames decreased by 1.
+ BRV attack "Reverse Polarity" magic circle speed increased.
- BRV attack "Reverse Polarity" vertical range decreased by 5 degrees.

Sephiroth
- Ground and Aerial Neutral BRV attacks have decreased tracking on dodging opponents.
- Ground and Aerial Forward BRV attacks have increased knockback.
- Dash Forward BRV attack "Heaven's Light" has decreased rising movement.

Ultimecia
+ Aerial Backward BRV attack "Caperous Axe" has increased tracking.
- Aerial Backward BRV attack "Caperous Axe" tracking distance decreased by 2 meters.

Jecht
+ From the EX Skill "Fake Out", Ground and Aerial Backward BRV attack "Jecht Block" cooldown is reduced by 2 seconds.
+ HP attack "Jecht Blade" initial frames decreased by 3 frames.

Shantotto
- Dash BRV attack "Bio" (Normal) sap value reduced from 400 to 300 points.
- Dash BRV attack "Bio" (Angry) sap value reduced from 600 to 400 points.

Lightning
- Dash BRV attack "Beat Down" poise (priority) frames occur 5 frames slower.

Noctis
+ HP attack "Warp Strike" now has poise (priority) frames during warp animations, warp frames decreased by 1 frame.
- HP attack "Warp Strike" no longer has poise (priority) frames before or after warp animations.
+ HP attack "Plunge" range increased by 0.5 meters.
+ HP attack "Steel Pirouette" speed increased, can now be canceled from dodging.
+ HP attack "Steel Pirouette" has increased poise (priority) frames when active.
--------------------------------------------------
In addition to these balance changes, they announced a "Character Rework" planned for the old cast (which is including but not limited to updated animations and completely different changes made to unique EX skill mechanics), starting with Warrior of Light. The reworked changes are as follows:

+ For each successful use of "Shield of Light", all of his HP attacks now gain a Plus upgrade at the expense of one Shield of Light level:
Shining Wave Plus: Increased speed and hitbox.
Coruscant Saber Plus: Increased range.
Bitter End Plus: Can now block HP attacks.
Ultimate Shield Plus: Has poise (priority) frames throughout its duration, making it impervious to every BRV attack.
--------------------------------------------
Finally, it's been confirmed that with Vayne's inclusion in Dissidia NT, there will be further expansion to the story mode with scenes relevant to him.

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Damn I never really cared for Vayne, but holy damn this guy is fun as shit to play. You can align the attacks left or right and get wallsplats depending on your position.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Saw some pictures of him in the game, I didn't expect his transformed look to be in the game...His transformed look is very scary looking lol.

Honestly I thought he looked terrible with it imo but that's just me lol.

Overall, I felt it was worth the money for the gameplay, but ever had a moment where you play a game that not only do you like the gameplay, but you also liked the character? Vayne just so happens to be a contradiction for me and it was difficult to play characters I never really clicked with.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD