Final Fantasy Thread

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Lol thanks. It was nice seeing Kuja (don't see people using him much), didn't even know his EX buffs the whole team ahahaha.

Yeah lol, Chorus level 1 will grant one out of the three buffs randomly. Chorus level 2 will grant two out of the three buffs randomly. Both Chorus level 3 and Soul Resonance (Kuja while in Trance mode) will grant all three buffs to all nearby allies while increasing everyone's movement speed.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
DISSIDIA NT UPDATE:

The Version 1.10 patch has went live today. As for the details regarding the patch, it's unknown at the time of this post. May just be minor bug fixes.

Jadeinchains

DISSIDIA NT UPDATE:

The Version 1.10 patch has went live today. As for the details regarding the patch, it's unknown at the time of this post. May just be minor bug fixes.

@Awesmic It's tomorrow or tonight that we get the next character reveal, right? Hmm.. So It won't be Yuna or Tifa yet If the two female characters are character 4 and 5 so I have no clue who it could be? Auron maybe?

Jadeinchains

I can't wait for Yuna. I like her normal design but I hope her alternate design with the long braid in the back makes it in xD Also a character was supposed to be reworked if I recall

Yeah out of all the dlc characters I'm imagining are going to get in Yuna is who I'm most excited for too, I hope that she'll get her outfit from both X and X-2. I imagine she could have some mix of summoning magic as well as her guns but we'll see I guess.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
@Awesmic It's tomorrow or tonight that we get the next character reveal, right? Hmm.. So It won't be Yuna or Tifa yet If the two female characters are character 4 and 5 so I have no clue who it could be? Auron maybe?
The next character reveal tomorrow is Locke from FF6. There have been far too many hints given in the last several months to suggest otherwise. Chief among them, a special Dissidia event in Japan which featured a skit involving an amnesiac character who was officially revealed to be Locke.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Looks like FFVII remake might be scheduled in.......drum roll. 2023. By the time this shit comes out I'd already forgotten about it.

https://www.destructoid.com/-update...ll-allegedly-be-released-by-2023-502866.phtml

I hear that Nobuo Uematsu will be back for the musical score for the game (Nice!). I've actually grown fond of Yoko's score because hers were pretty damn good too since her composition provided this epic violin compress in some boss battles and her dungeon themes provided the eerie haunting portions that are mysterious and ominous to make you want to keep going in and find out about the dungeon (FFXV's What Lies Within theme and Unsettling Aura theme).

What I like about Nobuo Uematsu's versions is his battle/boss themes. Almost every single one was great to hear and at times make you want to do another battle again just to hear it. His world map themes were pretty damn great to hear and the dungeon themes too.

Last edited:

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Real talk, that stream scared the living SHIT out of me. When they revealed a cat doing voice over, I thought they were really gonna reveal Cait Sith... fucking Cait Sith, of all people. Seriously, I almost had a heart attack!

Thank God they showed this in the end ,'cause I know the former would've made virtually everyone livid af.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Starting moveset video of Locke by Famitsu (Japanese text).

It looks like Locke's EX skill has some variety to it, and behaves similar to Squall's Draw EX skill. Only difference is that unlike the former, you have to hit the opponent to even activate the skill.

Currently waiting for the DFF wiki to fully translate it... but even then Trueblade Seeker will probably have the complete moveset video done within the end of the week.

Nikotsumi

I really liked the way his trailer begins (with the moogles), just because I finally started FF6 a few days ago and I'm already loving it.
I'll try to use him, so I that I can main the FF6 duo, Terra and Locke... well at least until Yuna's added lol.

Also, I love his design here (the Amano one, just like Terra's and FF6 characters in general).

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I wonder if by Season 3(if there is one) I'll be able to use the Lightning Trio(Lightning, Aranea and Seven) or at least Lightning, Tifa and Paine/Lulu

I can see Tifa being in the vanilla version real early (this version basically, this is the vanilla version). It'd be weird calling it season 2 or season 3 since it makes me think of Overwatch (course, you are not wrong) but I guess you could call it that.

It's just that there might be characters that won't show up at all now. Since TN worked on the game and Square released a second Dissidia game for the portable many years back, we can probably expect Dissidia NT to have a massive game upgrade in the future that will even have it's own standalone copy or PSN $20 upgrade update and then see more/those characters there. Probably even more summons with unique abilities and stages.

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

So is Locke released now? And is it like a new character a month or is there going to be a long wait until the next character?...who still won't be Yuna or Tifa or whoever cause they're 4th and 5th...*sigh*

Also If FF7 remake is coming out in 2023 like It is rumoured to be from what I saw then wow it's still a long way to go until that.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
So is Locke released now? And is it like a new character a month or is there going to be a long wait until the next character?...who still won't be Yuna or Tifa or whoever cause they're 4th and 5th...*sigh*

Also If FF7 remake is coming out in 2023 like It is rumoured to be from what I saw then wow it's still a long way to go until that.
Locke is out in Japan atm in arcades but I don't think he'll be on console anytime soon XD and yeah FF7 is in the back of my mind at this point because of how many times they want to delay it >.>

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD