First Tournament Experience (ECT)

ColonelColver

Colonel Colver in the beezy! Except, I registered as "Shift Nebula," figure that one out. Anyway, on with the show!

I'll start off with how the tournament went for me. I got there and was a little nervous, and talked to the first person I recognized who was available, Sly Bass. I asked him a few questions, and we had a nice conversation, then the tournament started. Throughout the tournament I was trying to talk to everyone I can, I met DestructionBomb, HoldJunkie, Kwiggles, and Gill Hustle, among others. I was just talking with everyone until my first match came along, and I greet my first opponent, Sonic Fox.

My first match, I made a bit of a mistake, not taking my opportunity to do a button check, as I was not used to the no lag monitors. The match begins, and I already get a bunch of support just for picking my character, Eliot. The matches, for the most part go back and forth, but Sonic did end up 3-0ing me for that set. Sly Bass, Bomb, and Jaeger were all cheering me on through that match, and it was incredible to have that much support. Even though I lost, I did enjoy that set, and I'd love to do it again.

More mingling and chatting later, I meet Jaeger, and he said he was impressed with my performance against Sonic Fox, and I thank him. We start talking about Eliot tech and he tells me about his dirty unholdables with Rig. He says to me that he hope I can fight my way through loser's bracket because Eliot is so rare, and deserves spotlight, and that I had potential. A few minutes pass, and my next and final match came along.

Gill Hustle was my next match, and we had a good set. I had a lot of fun playing him. The thing that got me so nervous was the winner of that match made it to Top 8. I really wanted that spot, so I played my hardest and got it. I was congratulated by a lot of the people, then had to leave short after.

Unfortunately, I couldn't make it to my final day, because of travel issues, I couldn't make it. My apologies for that.

Post tournament thoughts: The tournament was incredibly fun, and meeting people in that awesome atmosphere, and everyone was so genuinely nice, and it's a great feeling. I also seem to have caught a bad case of "Tournament Withdrawal".

Anyway, that was amazing, and I cannot wait until future tournaments! See you all around.

Honorable shoutouts:
Sly Bass- helping me with information I needed for the tourney.
DBomb- Chill guy who I enjoyed talking to in person after knowing him for over a year and a half.
Jaeger- Gave me a huge confidence boost and cheered me on every step of the way.
Sonic Fox- Trolly dude who had me cracking up during our entire set.
Gill Hustle- Great sport and enjoyable games.
Was great talking to you all!

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Man, this makes me want to attend tournaments more than ever before! I'm too shy to attend though...

splslick

Man, this makes me want to attend tournaments more than ever before! I'm too shy to attend though...
I'm a pretty shy person myself...And I can tell you that I enjoyed the tournament a lot myself....The experience of just playing with people and getting new friends on a game that ya love is priceless honestly....Hopefully I can see you at Summer Jam, Guts or NEC this year :D

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I'm a pretty shy person myself...And I can tell you that I enjoyed the tournament a lot myself....The experience of just playing with people and getting new friends on a game that ya love is priceless honestly....Hopefully I can see you at Summer Jam, Guts or NEC this year :D
I hope we can meet too! I just need to get me a car first. Don't be surprised if you see a tall guy with a large afro and black wide frame glasses at one of the events.;-D

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
We were cheering for you. Nothing against SonicFox though since he's a great dude, but Colver and myself was in the same boat so I also wanted him to succeed. You did really great though man. Keep it up!

Last edited:

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Ah yes, the first tournament experience will always be the most memorable one. And then you get addicted to the offline enjoyment of being around fellow players who enjoy the game as much as you do. Not to mention, you'll miss the lack of input lag on those tournament monitors (all of them should switch to BenQ gaming monitors, as they're VASTLY superior than Asus gaming monitors) and just the lack of online lag period. If only all online warriors would come and experience the joy that is the offline scene, we would have so many more believers.

splslick

Ah yes, the first tournament experience will always be the most memorable one. And then you get addicted to the offline enjoyment of being around fellow players who enjoy the game as much as you do. Not to mention, you'll miss the lack of input lag on those tournament monitors (all of them should switch to BenQ gaming monitors, as they're VASTLY superior than Asus gaming monitors) and just the lack of online lag period. If only all online warriors would come and experience the joy that is the offline scene, we would have so many more believers.
Not too sure on the benq being vastly superior....I checked my monitor on displaylag.com and it has the best response out of all the monitors.

TOMA SAN

Standard Donor
when the other replays are online ? we cant see the top 8 on youtube or twitch they are only mk or usfiv....

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD