System Frame Data Bug?

DrDam

:3::K: on Counter Hit is supposed to be +17 according to the frame data, yet the Flash Sword Kick doesn't connect after it despite being 16(1)13.

KING JAIMY

Fastest SE
Might the whiff not be due to the particular stun that 3K gives? The opponent bends over a bit and since the FSK is a high kick, perhaps that is the problem? Or it could be range issues since slow escaping usually widens the distance between you and your opponent.

DrDam

Might the whiff not be due to the particular stun that 3K gives? The opponent bends over a bit and since the FSK is a high kick, perhaps that is the problem? Or it could be range issues since slow escaping usually widens the distance between you and your opponent.
It doesn't whiff, the opponent just blocks it. I also doubt that it is some kind of range issue cause FSK only has one active frame.

KING JAIMY

It doesn't whiff, the opponent just blocks it. I also doubt that it is some kind of range issue cause FSK only has one active frame.
Hmm... strange. I'll give this a test later. Either it's really a bug or you're a tad too slow.

Last edited:

KING JAIMY

You were right. FSK doesn't connect. Same story for 1P+K (also 16 startup frames). But didn't you have to count two additional frames for a strike to connect (i.e. you can only extend your stun if the advantage (+17) equals or is greater than the follow-up move's startup frames plus the additional two frames).

For example FSK or 1P+K won't connect since 16 + 2 = 18. Since you only have +17 this won't connect.
On the other hand, 4K is i15 and connects! 15 + 2 = 17. This equals the granted advantage so it will connect.

DrDam

You were right. FSK doesn't connect. Same story for 1P+K (also 16 startup frames). But didn't you have to count two additional frames for a strike to connect (i.e. you can only extend your stun if the advantage (+17) equals or is greater than the follow-up move's startup frames plus the additional two frames).

For example FSK or 1P+K won't connect since 16 + 2 = 18. Since you only have +17 this won't connect.
On the other hand, 4K is i15 and connects! 15 + 2 = 17. This equals the granted advantage so it will connect.
I don't think it works that way for FSK since it only has one active frame man.
1P+K doesn't connect because the frame in which the opponent is being hit is the 18th frame whereas with FSK the 18th frame is a recovery frame and not an active frame (according to the frame data).

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD