Gen Fu Character Break Down

shunwong

Ways to critical burst:

1. Normal hit, single strike stuns: 8P (high), 9P (high), 6K (high), P+K (mid), H+K (mid), 4P+K (high), 6P+K (mid, bellyache stun). The usual follow up for these would be: 3PP, 3P+K (critical burst) 3(hold)P (launcher) 6PP, H, 6PPP+K (juggle) or 6PP, H, 6PPP (if you want to leave your opponent close by and try to force tech him, for example).

2. Easy strings into critical burst: 8PPP, 4P6PP and 3KP6P can all be followed by critical burst if the 3 hits connect. + once again: 3P+K (critical burst) 3(hold)P (launcher) 6PP, H, 6PPP+K (juggle) or 6PP, H, 6PPP (if you want to leave your opponent close by and try to force tech him, for example).

3. Counter hit into critical burst: obviously, 3PP 33P, 3PPP, 4P+K (limbo) 3PP. + once again: 3P+K (critical burst) 3(hold)P (launcher) 6PP, H, 6PPP+K (juggle) or 6PP, H, 6PPP (if you want to leave your opponent close by and try to force tech him, for example).

Frame advantage and "safety":

1. PPP, 3PP, 6PPP, 8PPP all end at -5 (only punishable by grapplers). The risk, of course, is getting held or sidestepped if you spam these.

2. Gen Fu's air grab gives +13, which guarantees K.

3. Gen Fu's QCB throw gives him +10.

4. 1K gives between 0 and +2 depending on range to frame trap and counterhit opponents.

Please, chime in to add more info (or correct me if I'm wrong). I'll try to add more when I have time.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Does the 6PP, H, 6PPP+K juggle after CB only work on light weights? I was testing it in training and I can make it work on Kasumi, but I always miss the last hit (the P+K) on Hayabusa. Maybe I'm just being too slow with the inputs.

shunwong

Forlorn Penguin said:
Does the 6PP, H, 6PPP+K juggle after CB only work on light weights? I was testing it in training and I can make it work on Kasumi, but I always miss the last hit (the P+K) on Hayabusa. Maybe I'm just being too slow with the inputs.

I tested and it works on hayabusa.

TRI Mike

I always make it work on the girls except fat ones like Tina and Christie. None of the boys though.

shunwong

TRI Mike said:
I always make it work on the girls except fat ones like Tina and Christie. None of the boys though.

I have tested it. (Not on all characters)

It works on tina, christie, brad wong, Akira, rig, ...

It does not on Bayman, bass I think only these two are too heavy

shunwong

BTW gen fu can CB in 3. Only the second and third hits of 4P6PP need to connect in order to CB. 100 damage on normal for the whole combo. Half life un counter hit. More on high counter. Not bad considering the second hit from that string is unholdable if I remember well.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD