Gen Fu in DOA6

KwonJigglypuff

Okay, so what do you think Team Ninja plans to do with Gen Fu in DOA6 and what are your wishes for DOA6/DOA5U's M-R patch ?

Some people think he will just die because he is almost "dead" in the roster, TN didn't seem to care about him or about giving him new stuff for DOA5. He was the least priority character (after Leon of course) and was almost on the cut list due to the lack of time.

His moveset has not been updated for.. wow, ages. I feel like the only thing that always saves him is his position in the tier list. Still, he is (with Zack) the least popular fighter in the roster.
I have some ideas to "refresh" his moveset a bit. This is not revolutionary but at least :

1385923140-1384473705796-copie.jpg

- refresh his holds : make his hold for high punch (7H) and mid punch (1H) similar to Rachel's hold for mid kicks (6H), where the opponent flies, which gives more opportunities for combos and which is more fun!

- give him a follow-up after his air catch (T),
likes an animation where he could violently drop the opponent on the floor. i've seen a video on youtube during the "DOA5 move contest", it would have been awesome!

- give him more moves in general,
because people are asking for an old/serious/mature/traditional sensei/fighter, but we already have him... it's Gen Fu, he just needs more attention!

- give him more relevance to the story, so TN doesn't have excuse not to bring him back in future installments : I don't know..
> Donovan could kidnap Mei Lin because she has "Iron Fist" blood and, let's say the Chinese gang (Eliot, Brad, Gen Fu) will try to save her. Helena would help him, their tag throws would actually make sense.
or
> Lisa Hamilton would need to sacrifice the pure and innocent Mei Lin because she has good genes, in order to revive the powerful Tengu (lol I should be a writer for this serie.. NOT).

- refresh his costume catalogue a bit,
because even though his catalogue in DOA5(U) is bigger than in any other installment, it's a bit repetitious!

Baax07_CMAA-lq8.jpg:large

Don't hesitate to retweet and vote, at least for DOA5U.
https://twitter.com/42Kwon/status/407208339328610304

KidArk

Gen Fu is like perfect though..., I say all they have todo is throw in a high tracking move and add some relevance to the story. It never made sense gen says his fists getstronger with age ... but hes been the same for the longest.Bayman is already a main character and received buffs like hell. Maybe if Eliot becomes a main character he'd get buffed to being decent :D

Demoth

Gen, Eliot and (my favorite) Brad need more relevance in the story. As of now, Brad is a joke side character, Eliot is his self - doubting kid friend, and Gen Fu is outshined by super ninjas and edgy martial artists.

Crext

Standard Donor
Gen, Eliot and (my favorite) Brad need more relevance in the story. As of now, Brad is a joke side character, Eliot is his self - doubting kid friend, and Gen Fu is outshined by super ninjas and edgy martial artists.

Aye, to be fair there is a somewhat identity crisis in between the ninja cast and the tournament people. This has gotten real clear the recent games where the ninjas doesn't even participate and become a sideshow. Take away Ein from the equation and Hitomi vanish, with her Lei fang and Jann Lee. The two last ones has nothing to do with the main story anymore unless Jann becomes Rigs new bouncer. All I say is that they'd have a lot of loose ends story wise which needs to be tied together in the next game.

For funs I'll give them the solution right away:

- Gen Fu is actually tied to an ancient martial arts clan. the next part of Eliots training consist of him surpassing him, and he can only do so by entering this faction. This again would make him relevant towards Ayane as their missions would intervene. Gen Fu would also be the gatekeeper of this village and knew Hayate's father, where some misunderstanding would have Hayate fight Gen Fu over information, where he reveals upon defeat that Hayate may not actually be Hayate at all.

- Ein is now a different man, a clone. Like the original "Hayate Ein", he has lost his memories. However, he discovered his identity when he escaped DOAtec in DoA3, but couldn't remember what it implied other then what was written in DoAtecs database. He was the one who dragged Hayate(then Ein) out in the forest and saved him, and it was never clear which one of them was the original and who was the clone. After a while he got dragged into doing Karate by Hitomi's father, because of clumsy coincidents with them mistaking him with Hayate (Ein) after Hitomi had left the Dojo. Because of his natural talents he was able to shake it off as being "out of practice" before being able to compete at a high enough level to convince Hitomi's father he was Ein, and in his known amnesia state he was not questioned much. However, during the practice Hitomi's father becomes ill as a result of something ninja related, which was really targeted towards Ein. Hitomi's father kept this as a secret in return for Ein to swear finding and looking out for his daughter. Some of the fights Hitomi and Hayate had had in the past turned out to be this new Ein.

- Jann Lee, obsessed by defeat tracks down Rig. Rig states that he would only agree to rematch if he bring him Ein, not making the intentions clear. Now somewhat contracted as a goon, Jann tracks down Ein with the help of Leifang (through Hitomi). The "new" Ein is currently in a weakened state as a result of protecting Hitomi from Christie, where their intentions for killing Hitomi is unclear. However, as a result Ein is unable to protect himself and states that if Jann where to take him "back", he would be killed. Jann states in a Jann sort of way that he do not care, and only care for his own agenda, though he seems somewhat unconvinced by his own words when seeing Leifang stalking in the background. Hitomi then steps in with some righteous words before they fight. To everyone's surprise Hitomi finally defeats Jann Lee, and Jann falls to the ground stating shockingly "how did you become so strong", where Hitomi simply answers "I have not, it is you who have become weak. You'll never defeat me the way you are now" upon Jann further buries himself in the ground punching it repeatedly in frustration. After a while after everyone has left Jann states to himself "I guess he was right". It will then end with a cutscene where Gen Fu speaks towards a strange man "So you've chosen to return to this place?", upon the man clearly turning out to be Jann Lee simple walks past him through the entrance. (and in a comical way Leifang kinda follows.)

- Tina becomes Governor, and Mila her bodyguard (comical scenes with Bass). They gets into a scene with Rig, which seemed to have been approaching them with the intention of cooperation. Rig presents a very convincing story which makes them aid Rig in his agenda. After some stuff Mila is sent to a faraway place where she faces first off with Leon, which for some reasons has intentions of stopping her, after a somewhat draw Gen Fu pops up stating he knows why they are both there and must return, Mila then states that she cannot meet that request and fights with Gen Fu. Gen Fu easily beats her in her exhausted state, however Leon is no where to be seen. Even though Mila is forced to withdraw, Leon managed to steal something vital from the clan, and they was believed to cooperate. This evolves into Tina getting attacked by the ninja cast where both herself, Mila and Bass would get their fair trades of blows, and a final showdown between Tina and Helena. This scene would expose Rig's agenda as being somewhat false and for fabricating evidence. However, as it turns out Leon was not working for any known factions, and everyone is looking for him and the "item" which he had stolen.

Last edited:

Demoth

Aye, to be fair there is a somewhat identity crisis in between the ninja cast and the tournament people. This has gotten real clear the recent games where the ninjas doesn't even participate and become a sideshow. Take away Ein from the equation and Hitomi vanish, with her Lei fang and Jann Lee. The two last ones has nothing to do with the main story anymore unless Jann becomes Rigs new bouncer. All I say is that they'd have a lot of loose ends story wise which needs to be tied together in the next game.

For funs I'll give them the solution right away:

- Gen Fu is actually tied to an ancient martial arts clan. the next part of Eliots training consist of him surpassing him, and he can only do so by entering this faction. This again would make him relevant towards Ayane as their missions would intervene. Gen Fu would also be the gatekeeper of this village and knew Hayate's father, where some misunderstanding would have Hayate fight Gen Fu over information, where he reveals upon defeat that Hayate may not actually be Hayate at all.

- Ein is now a different man, a clone. Like the original "Hayate Ein", he has lost his memories. However, he discovered his identity when he escaped DOAtec in DoA3, but couldn't remember what it implied other then what was written in DoAtecs database. He was the one who dragged Hayate(then Ein) out in the forest and saved him, and it was never clear which one of them was the original and who was the clone. After a while he got dragged into doing Karate by Hitomi's father, because of clumsy coincidents with them mistaking him with Hayate (Ein) after Hitomi had left the Dojo. Because of his natural talents he was able to shake it off as being "out of practice" before being able to compete at a high enough level to convince Hitomi's father he was Ein, and in his known amnesia state he was not questioned much. However, during the practice Hitomi's father becomes ill as a result of something ninja related, which was really targeted towards Ein. Hitomi's father kept this as a secret in return for Ein to swear finding and looking out for his daughter. Some of the fights Hitomi and Hayate had had in the past turned out to be this new Ein.

- Jann Lee, obsessed by defeat tracks down Rig. Rig states that he would only agree to rematch if he bring him Ein, not making the intentions clear. Now somewhat contracted as a goon, Jann tracks down Ein with the help of Leifang (through Hitomi). The "new" Ein is currently in a weakened state as a result of protecting Hitomi from Christie, where their intentions for killing Hitomi is unclear. However, as a result Ein is unable to protect himself and states that if Jann where to take him "back", he would be killed. Jann states in a Jann sort of way that he do not care, and only care for his own agenda, though he seems somewhat unconvinced by his own words when seeing Leifang stalking in the background. Hitomi then steps in with some righteous words before they fight. To everyone's surprise Hitomi finally defeats Jann Lee, and Jann falls to the ground stating shockingly "how did you become so strong", where Hitomi simply answers "I have not, it is you who have become weak. You'll never defeat me the way you are now" upon Jann further buries himself in the ground punching it repeatedly in frustration. After a while after everyone has left Jann states to himself "I guess he was right". It will then end with a cutscene where Gen Fu speaks towards a strange man "So you've chosen to return to this place?", upon the man clearly turning out to be Jann Lee simple walks past him through the entrance. (and in a comical way Leifang kinda follows.)

- Tina becomes Governor, and Mila her bodyguard (comical scenes with Bass). They gets into a scene with Rig, which seemed to have been approaching them with the intention of cooperation. Rig presents a very convincing story which makes them aid Rig in his agenda. After some stuff Mila is sent to a faraway place where she faces first off with Leon, which for some reasons has intentions of stopping her, after a somewhat draw Gen Fu pops up stating he knows why they are both there and must return, Mila then states that she cannot meet that request and fights with Gen Fu. Gen Fu easily beats her in her exhausted state, however Leon is no where to be seen. Even though Mila is forced to withdraw, Leon managed to steal something vital from the clan, and they was believed to cooperate. This evolves into Tina getting attacked by the ninja cast where both herself, Mila and Bass would get their fair trades of blows, and a final showdown between Tina and Helena. This scene would expose Rig's agenda as being somewhat false and for fabricating evidence. However, as it turns out Leon was not working for any known factions, and everyone is looking for him and the "item" which he had stolen.

And still mention of Brad. Pooooor Brad ;_;

Crext

Standard Donor
Well, you could implement him as Eliot's new teacher and that he was "faking" all the time until now, but that would give such a high development of the character that I don't know if you'd like him anymore. The way he is now he's kinda difficult to put into the deeper plot unless it is for comical reasons.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD