DOA5LR Guarantees

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I know what's guaranteed from his sit-downs, but not much else. What are some of his best guaranteed options? I'm a pretty new Bass player, and I don't know yet how badly I want to explore these options myself. So I'll just ask the pros for this one.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I know what's guaranteed from his sit-downs, but not much else. What are some of his best guaranteed options? I'm a pretty new Bass player, and I don't know yet how badly I want to explore these options myself. So I'll just ask the pros for this one.

:214::h::+::P: > :6::h::+::P: > :6::K::P: > :2::h::+::P: is always guaranteed. It's humanly very difficult to stagger escape and hold the :6::K::P: in this combo and no one has actually managed to in a match, making it guaranteed.

BT OH normal throw version guarantees any throw with the exception of TFBB, :3::3::P:, :7::K: and :6::P::K:. Followups would usually consist of the airthrows or simple enders :3::P: > :6::K::P:

BT OH Counter or Hi-Counter give you a full combo :9::P::P: > :3::K: > :3::3::P: into ender of choice. You can even do :3::P::+::K::h::+::P: after a launch on light and medium weights. :426::h::+::P: is also guaranteed. :4::4::P: can also be done for things like :4::4::P: > :236::P::h::+::P: for when an opponent isn't stagger escaping.

CH/HCH BT :4::K: doesn't necessarily guarantee anything on fastest stagger escape, but in case you do get it, you can followup with :3::3::P:. Pretty good in general since it tracks too and causes SDS on crouching.

:4::4::P: on counter or hi counter hit gives either a crumple gut stun or a limbo stun depending on whether you have an open or a closed stance. This is a good setup after a pickup. Limbos stun gives a free launcher.

Pickups are usually guaranteed after :6::K::P:, :6::h::+:P:, critical stun or CH/HCH :8::P:, :4::h::+::K:, :4::6::P: and in situations where an opponent doesn't tech like two :3::K:s in critical stun or :6::6::P::+::K:.

In juggles :6::K::P: always transitions into the blender/psudo force-tech if the launch is not too high. You can always go for a pickup afterwards to either force your opponent to tech and still have frame advantage or get a pickup if their don't. Both are advantageous.

There are also the :426::[[H+P]]: combos, but that's for another post and I assume you've seen examples before. If not, ask me.

After a wall splat, the optimal followup in most situations is :9::P::K::P:.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Dude, thanks for all of this. I've recorded everything into my notes. And yeah I know basic Bass, but one thing I noticed is that he has more options than the other heavies. Certainly the funnest heavy in the game right now. Seems like Batman and Rachel are still kinda bare-boned to me.

Recently @TRI Mike found a solution to doing Raidou's twisted OH. You can do the directional input at anytime as long as you press the throw button when it says so, and this also applies to Bass' death drop from heaven.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD