Characters Guest Characters you'd like to see in DOA

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
eae49ea251599b89eb83d27cab9c5980.jpg

Another character I'd like to come from Dynasty Warriors: Liu Shan. I know I know, he wields a weapon and he can't join, but I'd like it if he could. He could use a nice flowy style like he does with the rapier, and he always has a nice benevolent smile on his face. Costumes can be his ingame DLC from his native game. He could also be voiced in English by maybe....uh, I'll come back to that. ~_~

Sotherius

Does Sonia/Irene counts as a guest character? And Jo Hayabusa? I guess not exactly, but I would like those characters.

Now, i would really find fun if either Makoto or Chun Li from Street fighter made into DOA.

First, because i love those characters, but also because they in their own way are so much different from what we see from female designs in DOA, that i would like to see Chun's giant thights, or Makoto's tomboyish style and her tanden renki super in game.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Those characters would fit really well, especially Makoto, I like the idea of her joining alot, but Capcom would probably opt for Chun Li since she's the first lady of fighting.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I suppose you're right, some people seem tired of the guest characters I guess. But the thread is still up I guess for casual suggestions in the future. :)

Aven Kujo-Gin

I don't really mind guests as long as they are one or two from one game. But now we have characters from four different games which is weird.

Sotherius

Well, Jo Hayabusa and Irene then, they are not crossover characters. (well, i guess Jo would be dead at this point, but ok).

Last edited:

P2p1mbs

How about no more guests ever? This is already dead or crossover.

I completely agree, its not just guest characters too, given how many crossover costume packs there are. It really makes TN look lazy for not putting much effort in designing new costumes and characters...

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I think if they actually get some popular guest like Mai, it'll be more hype. Naotora I'm happy they included but they could have honestly made a better more tolerant guest pick from the DW and SW series.

P2p1mbs

I think if they actually get some popular guest like Mai, it'll be more hype. Naotora I'm happy they included but they could have honestly made a better more tolerant guest pick from the DW and SW series.

When :naotora: (who i have yet to buy) got some gameplay footage, my main problem with her was all the flashy effects that happen when she attacks, especially her power blow (that and I hate the overall look of her fighting style, especially the move where she keeps stomping/kicking her opponent into the air and she's RISING with them which looks too much for me) and how out of place it looks in doa. Compare that to the VF guests who at least look like they fit into doa perfectly well due to how (relatively) realistic their fighting styles are.

I have the same concerns when it comes to Mai and whether or not she'll also have excessive flashy effects when she releases (I havent seen much footage of her in her home games yet so this may not be a big deal). Even then, as you said, she's rather well known so shes likely to get more hype. I mean, I know nothing about KOF and even I'm interested in trying her out...

Sotherius

realistic their fighting styles are.

Honestly, DW fits DOA more than Virtua Fighter...

DOA in general is closer to over the top than realistic, power blows, danger zones, super ninjas, Tengus, and etc.

Still, not a fan of DW into DOA, and the VF cameos are cool, but not for this reason in specific.

P2p1mbs

Honestly, DW fits DOA more than Virtua Fighter...

DOA in general is closer to over the top than realistic, power blows, danger zones, super ninjas, Tengus, and etc.

Still, not a fan of DW into DOA, and the VF cameos are cool, but not for this reason in specific.

I said RELATIVELY REALISTIC. If you never knew the the VF characters were guests and thought they were original characters to doa, you would never notice they were actually guests since their fighting styles dont have any flashy special effect like :naotora: does (outside of the power blows, of course). Compare her power blow to everyone else and youll see exactly what I mean...

Last edited:

Aven Kujo-Gin

When :naotora: (who i have yet to buy) got some gameplay footage, my main problem with her was all the flashy effects that happen when she attacks, especially her power blow (that and I hate the overall look of her fighting style, especially the move where she keeps stomping/kicking her opponent into the air and she's RISING with them which looks too much for me) and how out of place it looks in doa. Compare that to the VF guests who at least look like they fit into doa perfectly well due to how (relatively) realistic their fighting styles are.

I have the same concerns when it comes to Mai and whether or not she'll also have excessive flashy effects when she releases (I havent seen much footage of her in her home games yet so this may not be a big deal). Even then, as you said, she's rather well known so shes likely to get more hype. I mean, I know nothing about KOF and even I'm interested in trying her out...
+1
I'm not really interested in her, her flashy effects and that super long K string that seem to be designed for newcomers make me to stay away from this character.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Here's some characters i wanna see from Nier automata:

NieR-Automata_201606_ART_Boss_ONLINE.jpg

Simone, I think she would be a beautiful addition. Based on her style from her boss fight, I think she would be a keep out zoner type who relies on strong attacks to keep her opponents out. She would use sonic notes from her mouth as projectiles as well as those special orbs to do damage from afar, this would be her theme:
If you look in the fight she takes damage as she attacks when you hit her and if she takes too much she'll do a dramatic faint that leaves her wide open, the video is basically how I think she should fight. If she was added I would drop Naotora for her...or mai idk

C6hI8CLWYAAcerS.jpg:orig

latest

Eve, I think he's a perfect fit when you first fight him. He uses heavy attacks blows and seems to rely on kicks. His theme would be:
His style is basically what you see in the video, he would be powerful but unsafe since he's not much into thinking like his brother Adam, he simply acts on his anger

C6cbP4xWYAEBE5L.jpg:orig

Nier-3.jpg

A2, but only with her long hair, her short hair can be another unnecessary options. Her style would be like in the game without weapons...fast, agile, and powerful, and she could have a dash stance and her berserk mode could be factored as a stance but would sacrifice safety for power as well as speed. Her theme would be:

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD