DOA6 Guides and Move Lists from EVO 18 Build

There is a lot of new Dead or Alive 6 content for the community to dissect and look into, including downloadable move-lists, more hands-on time from the pros, and even some guides that lead to some hard-hitting damage this early on. If you discovered anything from the exhibition or would like to share, now is the time to analyze your experience. Shimbori was correct when he said that EVO would be a celebration of both DOA5 and DOA6:

@ZakkuRye continues to deliver some pretty insane EVO content on his channel and has released 14 videos for the event and does a great job of highlighting what the hardcore offline scene wants to see. FSD founder, Matt Ponton, does a great job highlighting what Diego can do not just with the environment, but current DOA6 meta as a whole.

@Rojikku had a very powerful performance at EVO 18 and between all of that had the time to give us a combo guide for Hayate's Teleport Attack in DOA6. This early on we have a pro that's getting this much damage with his new tech? Hayate could be an absolute monster in DOA6 which would definitely put a smile on Rojikku's face.

@Jager can play one of the nastiest Rigs out there, so if I want to see him at his best I'm going to hope that Jager puts on the show, and he seems to be understanding the character early on just like Reigns is adapting quickly to Hayate. At this point the community should just be worrying about how much fun they are going to have with DOA6 and these players prove that we are in good hands.

DOA Legend Kwiggle has also made his contribution displaying the power and speed of Kasumi. Just like he did with DOA5, he is already decimating the competition with the ninja that doesn't need to run anymore. What do you think of the balance showed so far in DOA6?

Some great videos and content here and on their channels. Always enjoy watching these folks play.
I am particularly hyped on Hayates new stuff. I ended up really liking the wind dash stuff in 5LR. Now with 6 adding in these teleport options, it is all looking better (imo) for Hayate.
And I am sure its probably just in my head, but seeing the break blow land on an airborne opponent still seems a bit odd to me. I think its just coming from the PBs in 5.
Im still waiting to see some of the slower bigger characters though, like Bass and Bayman. And that wont be at Gamescom based on the teaser. So hopefully it won’t be too much longer after that.

Some great videos and content here and on their channels. Always enjoy watching these folks play.
I am particularly hyped on Hayates new stuff. I ended up really liking the wind dash stuff in 5LR. Now with 6 adding in these teleport options, it is all looking better (imo) for Hayate.
And I am sure its probably just in my head, but seeing the break blow land on an airborne opponent still seems a bit odd to me. I think its just coming from the PBs in 5.
Im still waiting to see some of the slower bigger characters though, like Bass and Bayman. And that wont be at Gamescom based on the teaser. So hopefully it won’t be too much longer after that.

PB's were so rarely used. I think the ability to juggle into a BB makes more sense.

In higher level play its dangerous to go for a blatantly obvious CB. You don't see CB > PB often at all when 2 good players are playing.
But there are still many guarantee CB setups too,PB itself also is a good tool to play some stun games

I would say PB in some degrees kinda op so team ninja remove this mechanic in doa6

But there are still many guarantee CB setups too,PB itself also is a good tool to play some stun games

I would say PB in some degrees kinda op so team ninja remove this mechanic in doa6

The majority of them can be staggered out of. Either way, as it stands the break blow is way more useful than a PB that requires significant setup to pull off.

They kind of just replaced it with the break blow. Both are crazy cinematic moves. Only PB required half life and the BB requires the new meter. I like them both though.
I wonder if cliffhangers are gone too? If so, I hope they bring back the stair throws or something. I liked all that type of stuff.

The majority of them can be staggered out of. Either way, as it stands the break blow is way more useful than a PB that requires significant setup to pull off.
break blow,more like a super sabaki move,but very unsafe tho.Power blow is like a super GB move which can do some cheap stun game.
Hard to say which one is more useful because they are in different games

You're forgetting the most important distinction, that while PB/PLs were a true comeback mechanic that only became available at half life, BBs are powered by a meter that carries over in between rounds.

Maybe OP can add the other videos too?
It seems that Hayabusa will most likely play the same as before?
Hope they will stop nerfing him any further. I don't want to switch him out for butterface Hayate lol

break blow,more like a super sabaki move,but very unsafe tho.Power blow is like a super GB move which can do some cheap stun game.
Hard to say which one is more useful because they are in different games

I don't like that BB's have sabaki properties. Using a PB as guard break was generally not the smartest move. You can get away with it sometimes online, but offline you're more likely than not going to get countered. It's just too obvious of an animation.

I don't like that BB's have sabaki properties

I do agree, they should remove the sabaki properties.BB seems like a Jack of all trade and a very powerful one.Without it,it still remains a great tool.

There's already many ways to land it safely.It should be a high damaging single hit,that's all.There's already too many good tools forcing you to delay your attack when at advantage.Holds,Oh, BH, SS which looks really strong.

It's already tricky enough to properly defend against mixups and delayed strings in DOA.Having to deal with SS BH and BB, plus Holds Delay and abare, every time you properly block is too much IMO.

Bypassing the concept of turns or making it even more ambiguous is a bad idea.

BB has already too many properties.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD