Halloween Designer Challenge 2015

Xhominid The Demon Within

And here's my...."picture" in progress.

I only realized how terrible of a drawer I am now and I have no idea on how I'm going to make this look okay without going insane with all the details I have to add otherwise...

11113691_854409724629413_6684280343610428799_n.jpg

I can't draw feet, can barely draw hands, DEFINITELY cannot draw breasts(I was aiming for something else but surprise surprise, I almost hit belly dancer territory rather than my real mark so the "Vest" is an upside" and I can't even do hair...

It doesn't need to be as awesome as any other drawing but I'm definitely trying the hardest I can to put the idea in my head into practice(I may shorten or elongate the "vest" as it's supposed to be succubus queen attire(basically it's supposed to cut off certain chest pieces of the typical queen outfit...but somehow came to a "vest"), trying to find ways to add jewelry into the pieces and add the tail...all within 3-4 days...damn.

Ashlette

I'd recommend collecting a bunch of succubus references (just look up succubus on gelbooru (NSFW)). Find succubus designs that interest you and make a mix of them in your final design. It's almost impossible to "transfer the mental image to paper" even for experienced artists.

Xhominid The Demon Within

I'd recommend collecting a bunch of succubus references (just look up succubus on gelbooru (NSFW)). Find succubus designs that interest you and make a mix of them in your final design. It's almost impossible to "transfer the mental image to paper" even for experienced artists.

The funny thing is that I want to do both the regal look and the provocative look of a succubus...but it's honestly the top that is screwing me over...

And yeah, I can see that making the mental image to paper isn't the easiest thing for anyone but damn...

EDIT: Okay, I think I found a top that works...but it's going to grab a bit from Lilithmon's top and another succubus design I've seen.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
This is my entry, what do you think guys ? :)

Brave question, or you are pretty new here. ;) Most forumers of Freestepdodge seem actually not so fond of super skimpy, overly sexualized costumes.
I do like the idea of dragon bone armor for Momiji (though it would imho fit Rachel better) and your drawing and coloration are done really well too...but to be perfectly honest, like that, the costume looks vulgar and in it's exaggeration not at all appealing to me anymore.

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

You guys don't know yet but someone is working on the most awesome DOA costume ever. It's so awesome I've done some preemptive fan art, here's a preview

(Now hurry up, someone!)

Well they only have until Sunday so they really should hurry.

PS: Does anyone know if the contest is going to be a vote or if we won't know anything until teasers start appearing in early October?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD