Halloween Designer Challenge 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadeinchains

They need to stop with "Halloween" contests though. It simply just makes one to ignore any of that Halloween shit to just come up with their own.

Also might as well tell the team to just stop with making their own too and just let the artist upload theirs so they can just pick one. Do it on the same months as any other ordinary content.

Sorry do you mean like how because every contest is a Halloween one that people just make designs for all kinds of situations? I'd love general design contests for that! :D It would be really open to ideas. What do you mean though with the second part though? I would be fine with design contest packs becoming a kind of thing like how that one time we got the 2015 design award pack where maybe we get more per year.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Sorry do you mean like how because every contest is a Halloween one that people just make designs for all kinds of situations? I'd love general design contests for that! :D It would be really open to ideas.

Yeah basically that. I'll edit my text a bit. Basically the contests been mostly Halloween themed and provides limitations to come up with ideas (at least from what I see from others). However I also realized there are quite a ton of people who upload theirs that are nowhere close to be Halloween themed, kinda makes the contest rules too relaxed which I wouldn't blame them for if they can't come up with one. Seriously, I'm sure people have ideas that isn't based on Halloween. If it looks great, I still vote for it even if it's not too Halloween-ish.

-----------------------------------------

The standard DLC releases basically. There are a few missed opportunities to add other content besides the ones you see on a basis. Like for example, say X month has a pack for only 10 females or only 2-3 males whatever...Since most of the cast has been cut from their general DLC schedule, they should enable an option for others to send to them so that they can release it on the same day (separately) from their general assigned pack gets release. Course, something to do ahead of time so that they have enough time to add it into the game. Seriously, I can understand that getting these teens dick hard is the priority. Sure. That's cool. No problem. Shit, it makes money. But seriously, half of those months could of been stuff that people would be enjoying right now along with the general content that you see.

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

Yeah basically that. I'll edit my text a bit. Basically the contests been mostly Halloween themed and provides limitations to come up with ideas (at least from what I see from others). However I also realized there are quite a ton of people who upload theirs that are nowhere close to be Halloween themed, kinda makes the contest rules too relaxed which I wouldn't blame them for if they can't come up with one. Seriously, I'm sure people have ideas that isn't based on Halloween.

-----------------------------------------

The standard DLC releases basically. There are a few missed opportunities to add other content besides the ones you see on a basis. Like for example, say X month has a pack for only 10 females or only 2-3 males whatever...Since most of the cast has been cut from their general DLC schedule, they should enable an option for others to send to them so that they can release it on the same day their general assigned pack gets released. Course, something to do ahead of time so that they have enough time to add it into the game. Seriously, I can understand that getting these teens dick hard is the priority. Sure. That's cool. No problem. Shit, it makes money. But seriously, half of those months could of been stuff that people would be enjoying right now along with the general content that you see.

Oh okay yeah I understand lol. :p I have lots of ideas too that just aren't really Halloween themed and so just wouldn't work for a Halloween contest. Although I did actually make designs this year that aren't really for Halloween that I sent in anyway just because I liked them and since we mostly get Halloween contests I just wanted to. :)

And oh so for the second part It would be like TN announce they're making a themed pack or something so people send in they're designs for that idea and the winners get chosen? That would be pretty cool yeah. Just more contests in general for different themes etc.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
They need to stop with "Halloween themed" contests though. It simply just makes one to ignore any of that Halloween shit to just come up with their own. Can they do other contests besides Halloween? come up with your own summer outfit? winter clothing? stage contest?

Also might as well tell the team to just stop with making their own too and just let the artist upload theirs so they can just pick one. Do it on the same months as any other ordinary content.
TN should start general design contests tbh to switch things up. They did a bikini one in X3 so why not like say a casual outfit or hairstyle design contest? I would be too happy if they made a stage design or character design contest XD

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
"Hey..that's not fair!! (ToT) " -:marierose:

I didn't draw faces on the two I submitted.:jannlee::leifang:

Faces are hard, especially tryna make them look like the characters themselves. Hahaha. Meeeeeeeehhhh I Hate youuuuu!!!! D:

Lol jk ♡♡♡
I can't draw faces for shit XD I always end up making them look cutesy....

Fotor_149429119799881.jpg

This was a design for a future DOA male character i did but his emotionless face turned out to be too soft... maybe I could've submitted the full thing as a costume for the contest XD it was kind of a fun yang inspired one but the design is somewhere in my room

Jadeinchains

"Hey..that's not fair!! (ToT) " -:marierose:

I didn't draw faces on the two I submitted.:jannlee::leifang:

Faces are hard, especially tryna make them look like the characters themselves. Hahaha. Meeeeeeeehhhh I Hate youuuuu!!!! D:

Lol jk ♡♡♡

Lol! Sorry I didn't mean it like that! XD I just noticed some people hadn't drawn faces on they're designs. I had a feeling it was probably just cause it's annoying trying to match it up to the characters faces. The designs I saw without the faces drawn looked great anyway so like I said I wasn't bothered either way. Same with the templates, Something I noticed but wasn't shook by it. ( Well that time some buried my post I did but that was just bad timing lol :p )

Argentus

They need to stop with "Halloween themed" contests though. It simply just makes one to ignore any of that Halloween shit to just come up with their own. Can they do other contests besides Halloween? come up with your own summer outfit? winter clothing? stage contest?

or stop doing contests at all and start dipping into the HUGE accumulated backlog of designs they have from years of contests.

Jadeinchains

Since they've now revealed the season pass we know that we won't be getting dlc this September. Which means we're actually now so close to the Halloween set that it's gonna be the next pack! :D I'm really excited to see what happens. I hope we see something about it next month too.

Blash

My final meme for Akira,LOL
doa5lr_akira_the_imposibru_by_monkeygigabuster-dbjigjn.jpg

Everything about this is pure awesome. I LOL'd so hard.

Is there any word on the Halloween Designer challenge, I have been off the grid for sometime. Read most of the posts, but still feel like I am TOTALLY out of the loop!

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Everything about this is pure awesome. I LOL'd so hard.

Is there any word on the Halloween Designer challenge, I have been off the grid for sometime. Read most of the posts, but still feel like I am TOTALLY out of the loop!
The challenge is over and the DLC comes in October. They'll probably show a few previews or teasers near the end of September up until it's release date in October

Jadeinchains

I've just been scolded by this piping hot tea tbh -

"Dead or Alive 5: Last Round TGS 2017 Special Broadcast – The development team reports from Tokyo Game Show 2017. In addition to the announcement of the “Designers Challenge 2017” results, there will be new information shared for the first time during this broadcast. Featuring Yosuke Hayashi (producer), Yutaka Saito (art director), and special guest Yamima.""

So not only are we getting some kind of new information on something...???? but we also are getting an announcement for the designers challenge! :D I wonder if it's them revealing 3 of the designs again?!

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
They are setting up next week but TGS will open on the 20th. Think we might get early scans before we see any footage? TGS has done it before via magazines and screenshots on article websites.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Whatever happened to Famitsu?? They used to be the shit months ago when they would show us early "post stamp" scans of the costumes a couple days or a week or two before they came out but I can't remember the last time we had that. Instead we've had to rely on their Twitter account

Also I hope there's a leak, I remember in 2014 when the Halloween pack was leaked and it was confirmed that Ayane got that sucubus bat outfit with the lace up boots and stockings

Jadeinchains

Whatever happened to Famitsu?? They used to be the shit months ago when they would show us early "post stamp" scans of the costumes a couple days or a week or two before they came out but I can't remember the last time we had that. Instead we've had to rely on their Twitter account

Also I hope there's a leak, I remember in 2014 when the Halloween pack was leaked and it was confirmed that Ayane got that sucubus bat outfit with the lace up boots and stockings

A leak? I thought that they actually just decided to show those three outfits last year? The witch...oh your talking about 2014 lol! XD Well maybe it will be leaked but If it isn't then I guess hopefully we see them revealed at TGS!

And yeah for a while there while doax3 was getting dlc they'd show them both in famitsu but I guess it stopped?

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Famitsu still does it. It's just that it's too early to get for scans when they are just "now" setting up next week. Sometimes a random guy over there will take a screenshot off his phone and post it on the internet with Famitsu name on it. He just happens to do it before Famitsu so there's that.

Remember the people recording Mai and Naotora off their phones before her scans was even released in English articles? like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD