Halloween Designer Challenge 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Disappointments:
Momiji not getting this costume.
126EC083-CFB4-454F-B94B-A832BA0DD9DE.jpeg

Alpha not getting something as beautiful as this. I love her Afro but I prefer this.
F356D1E2-F279-4D53-8F66-FA2546E61A81.jpeg

Lisa not getting this.
F7849A7D-825B-4379-9461-06A441F96B27.jpeg

Worst: these are the worst costumes of this year imo.
144DD228-985E-4476-8679-6B326CF2E237.jpeg

Missed:
A Halloween design for Mai shiranui, I bet she would’ve got something good.

Also, these my personal Halloween highlights of this year.
3000A280-3F88-4F80-9E12-285BCF934832.jpeg

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Disappointment: Lots of disappointments. Don't even know where to begin. XD One I recently mentioned was Eliot and Marie never getting this Alice in Wonderland partner look:

CEfh2_cUIAEkP5B.jpg:large

CEfiIi9UMAARKZF.jpg:large

Surprise: My Helena design making it in, lol.

Worst: Some of the really slutty and at the same time nonsensical and/or badly designed costumes. Also, that creepy panda costume for Jann. D:

22.jpg

Sorry, but this is nightmare material...

Best: Oh, a few! :)

Viewtiful Tina:

latest

Cupid Hitomi:

latest

Alice in Fashionistaland Marie Rose:

maxresdefault.jpg

Black Swan Marie Rose:

ccb07cf4fc9cafc10a3455946c66360348da672e-1181715.jpg

Marie Antoinette Helena:

1444700933-dead-or-alive-5-last-round-20151013033942.jpg

Lorelei Helena:

DOAHalloween-13.jpg

Last edited:

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
I also remember all the Alice in Wonderland Marie Roses. And they were all heavily inspired by the Disney version. Blue, short dress, white apron. It took several contests until TN finally did a Marie Rose Alice though.
And I was like:
Finally! :D Because I really wanted her as Alice (and Eliot as the White Rabbit :()...

BkQI7LaCIAAlhhJ.jpg:large
How the hell did this not win?

ShinobiOfTheWind

Disappointment :
- All the non Halloween related stuff
- The copy/pastes
- The disrespect when they change outfits or attribute them to other characters.
- All my Helena designs wasted.

Surprise :
- My Eliot making it. I was sure my Eliot wouldn't win since the ghost differed from all the stuff he got these years.

Worst :
I don't like to judge properly but :
- 2014 : Superhero Lisa, Kitsune Kokoro
- 2015 : Bear Hitomi, Kappa Bayman
- 2016 : Sailor Jacky, Panda JannLee
- 2017 : Afro Alpha152, Ayane Pirate.

Best :
- 2014 : don't really remember, sorry !
- 2015 : Lisa Bat
- 2016 : Rig Jester, King Eliot
- 2017 : Phase-4 Swan

Missing :
Helena : - My ghost, my pirate and my Cursed Singer.

Christie : - Queen of Snakes, made by Laura Vannier.

Rachel : The She-Devil made by @Kodachi

Argentus

• KOEI TECMO GAMES has the right to remodel any designs that are provided. Remodeling includes, but not limited to, Altering the design, changing the color, adding some elements, and removing some elements.
  • The design may be used for a different character than the original author intended to or for other characters in different titles.

• Any designs submitted will become property of KOEI TECMO GAMES CO., LTD., and by participating in this contest you grant KOEI TECMO GAMES CO., LTD. and its parent company TECMO KOEI HOLDINGS CO., LTD. the rights to use such designs for commercial and/or promotional purposes without compensation.
Now all that said, fuck em im still using my designs for OCs anyway lol.

Paige

• Disappointment: Uneven quality of most designs ingame: low textures, skin bugs, etc.
  • Best: Most of Nyotengu's.
  • Surprise: Kappa Bayman.
  • Worst: As from now Rig's 2017 Halloween costume.
  • Missing: mafia_hit_girl_hitomi_by_deebznutz-d7pkkjd.jpg mostly and now an epic fight between these two:8.jpg7.jpg

PC version of DOA5LR is kind of a consolation prize for this.
6.jpg

Last edited:

ShinobiOfTheWind

I know the Cursed Singer has always been in your heart @ShinobiOfTheWind , but my favourite was always the White Swan costume. Furthermore, the saphire is my favourite gem. So pure, so simple.
I think TN found it too childish. Maybe with a more mature hairstyle, they would have made it. Maybe not...

Yeah, the cursed singer was and will always be my favorite costume I made for her :)

Anyway, what was too childish ? I didn't understand ^^

KwonJigglypuff

Yeah, the cursed singer was and will always be my favorite costume I made for her :)

Anyway, what was too childish ? I didn't understand ^^

Sorry the word was too exagerated, not "childish" as in a child, but too "youngish" compared to the motherly figure she is to TN's eyes.
The ballet theme apparently seems to suit Marie-Rose and Honoka according to them. So maybe try to give Helena a beehive and/or a tiara to show that she is a powerful MILF like the way they see her (even if she is supposed to be a 25 year-old young woman). :rolleyes:

ShinobiOfTheWind

Sorry the word was too exagerated, not "childish" as in a child, but too "youngish" compared to the motherly figure she is to TN's eyes.
The ballet theme apparently seems to suit Marie-Rose and Honoka according to them. So maybe try to give Helena a beehive and/or a tiara to show that she is a powerful MILF like the way they see her (even if she is supposed to be a 25 year-old young woman). :rolleyes:

Oh ok, I thought you were talking about my cursed singer who was childish, I was scared ahah

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
RACHEL'S COSTUME HANDS DOWN IS TOO MUCH FOR ME. don't @ me. I didn't know a costume could be so off for a character but also so perfectly for her at the same time.
You know what's up!

I love it since it reminds me of my second favorite whore bitch from Tekken, Anna Williams!♡♡♡ Classy yet bitchy and sexy all in one

Anna_williams_p2_tekken_5_avant.png

KwonJigglypuff

Ugh what's so special about Irene? She's boring as fuck imo, I always never understood why people want HER in DOA

I agree that it would be a bit redundant having her now that Rachel is here. Maybe give Rachel a costume and a hair option... ?
Plus, it seems like they don't really know what to do with her in her own game...

Jadeinchains

Lol I remember being one of those people that wanted her in the game back in like 2014 or something. I can safely say now though...It's a meh from me whether she gets in or not. Personally I don't know anything about her personality because I've only played NGB but I don't know If I'd be that interested in her.

As a hardcore Rachel fan since 2005 Im very grateful Momiji & Rachel made it into Doa5. When it comes to Irene im okay if she does not get into any future installments. Murai would have been a great addition i must admit. To bad he bit the big one ...

Sotherius

Ugh what's so special about Irene? She's boring as fuck imo, I always never understood why people want HER in DOA

Don't know why this is a subject here. But Irene is a Classic character from the NES era, she is also the only character "close" to ryu in that sense, and while she and rachel are visually similar (busty blonde), they're kinda different characters all together. I honestly think it would be cool to have a woman soldier type of character in the series, they could give her an interesting moveset. And i'm all for ninja gaiden references and nods in general.

That is it.

Now back to topic, i think most of the costume selection this year was good for the halloween designs, last year it wasn't great, this year, a bunch of really solid designs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD