Has Throw Damage Been Buffed? Should it be?

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I'm sure most people have watched at least one or two poorly captured videos of extra DOA6 footage from events. You really get a chance to see some of the changes if you pay close attention. Has anyone noticed that some throws do just crazy damage? I'm totally cool with throw damage being buffed, but how would you feel if it was?

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I think a boost in throw damage makes them game closer to DOA3 which is good since we no longer have to deal with long Critical stun thresholds anf CBs. It'll definitely make the Grapplers a much bigger threat now too, but I say they still listen to feedback and adjust damage accordingly so that the damage won't be super insane

Berzerk!

No throw damage should be NERFED on all characters except grapplers.

Throws do plenty and striking characters with high damage throws have a huge advantage in the DOA system due to their speed making people want to block or hold.
Grapplers conversely have a tougher time putting people in that situation, making throws less viable for them.

The life setting should go down to 240 or 270, so it will be an exciting, high damaging game with the existing strike damage levels, but take holds and throws down in damage so they aren't overwhelming compared to a decent combo.

Raansu

I'm of the personal opinion that they should be on DoA3's level of damage. Doing a hold should be a proper risk and throw damage in DoA3 was right where it should be with throws being dangerous, and grapplers throws were extra dangerous.....like 70% dangerous lol.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
I just want people to have a mini panic attack any time they have to hold on Tina or Bass regardless of their skill level.

Lulu

@Berzerk! makes a great point... somehing thats always been annoying about DoA5 is, while grapplers did have good throws in Isolation... They did not have methods of making people want to block or hold... except for Hayabusa but some don't even consider him to be a true grappler.

How do you fix that ? I have no idea ! :(

I mean... I could ask for 10 Frame Offensive Holds.... but that would be Broken.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
For me it depends on the throw... IMO not all throws need to be buffed, but some did such minuscule damage that it hardly seems there is even a point to the move existing in the first place.

Fantailler

I'm against it, especially without proper throw escape.

I know we want to punish hold as hard as possible,for a good reason, but i'd rather have more defensive tools...
The stun game is annoying "af" but, it also is, for the player on the receiving hand...and almost any CH triggers this situation.

Raansu

I'm against it, especially without proper throw escape.

I know we want to punish hold as hard as possible,for a good reason, but i'd rather have more defensive tools...
The stun game is annoying "af" but, it also is, for the player on the receiving hand...and almost any CH triggers this situation.

Holds, parry's, break blows that act as sabaki's, break hold that catches everything, a SS that practically loops around everything and the standard tricks like fuzzy guarding and KBD's and just typical spacing for whiff punishment and morethan likely everything will be practically negative on block like usual.....There's more than enough defensive options. Thank God they removed stagger escape. Heaven forbid you get punished a little after losing the neutral game.

I'm against throw breaks unless they ensure that throws cannot be broken on hi-counter throws. Either way, I'm still all for throws being dangerous again instead of like how it is in 5 where I'd rather go for the reset instead of the damage throw since the big damage throw aint all that threatening.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD