- 41236T

6KK: - PP4P6P
- 41236T

8K: - PP4PK
- PP4PP
- 3P+KK > WS 4KP/K or BB

236P: - PP4P > 41236T
- 3P+KK > WS 4KP/K or BB

214P: this move now causes the slow roll regardless of hit type (normal/counter/in combo)
- (dash up) 3P+KK > WS 4KP/K or BB
- 66K > 41236T

33P4: I’m writing 33P4 because you are basically never going to just 33P alone. Recovery is just way too long. Another thing to note is Master said this is not 0 on block anymore. Roughly -4.
- (lighweights) K > 3P+KK > WS 4KP/K or BB
- (midweights) 3P+KK > WS 4KP/K or BB

=================================================================================================================================================

Moves with new Wall Stun
- 3PPP
- PP4P6P (or 4P6P alone)
- 66P

=================================================================================================================================================

Miscellaneous Notes

-Note that in both cases after bounding whether you do BB or WS 4K, you need to do a micro dash first to be able to get in range. Have no fear doing it though. Bound gives you quite a bit of time to follow up.

-BNBs there’s obviously much more room for creativity/alternate routes but for the sake of beta notes, I focused on his newer tools such as 3P+KK bound, ongyoin 2P+K and Ongyoin air throw. However, a lot of his previous launch BNBs from DOA5 have carried over.

-Ongyoin 2P+K seemed to be pretty safe. Perhaps somewhere between -2 to 0? Hard to say without frame data yet or maybe opponents were just hesitant to retaliate. Could be a good move going forward.

-Ground game was seemingly kinda wack across the board in the beta roster but I felt Ryu particularly lacked in this area. Going to need to really lab this when the game comes out. As opposed to Ayane or Kasumi, if the opponent teched up and makes Ryu whiff any of his standard ground hit tools (2P, 1P, 1P2K, 2H+K) he really suffers from the recovery while techup recovery has been sped up significantly in DOA6.

-3P+K as a whiff punisher is pretty nice since you can go into bound with K followup or other juggle combo. Need to be careful of its relatively slow start up though.

-Just like in DOA5 with the ringed stages, here in 6 there are moves that will wall stun that normally wallbounce when the wall hit occurs from a further distance against these “roped” walls. In the Colosseum stage, the red part of the barrier is considered rope. The moves include anything that knocks far away such as; 6PK, ongyoin 6K, ongyoin 6P+K, PP4PP. My go to followups afterwards are 236P or 4H+K

- 46T routes are changed. On NH the previous route of 6P into mixup is pretty inconsistent here in 5. For example, I had times where I did NH 46T > 6P > 5P and the 5P whiffed when I they did a BH, not even a low hold that would make a 5P miss previously. Now the better option seems to be 5PP until I get more time to lab. On CH, you can get a guaranteed shoho izuna with CH 46T> 5P+K4 > P+KPP full circle T. Whether there are better guaranteed combos will require lab time.

Last edited:

Mayor-Of-Mustard

Didn't really play as him that much in the beta (mainly played as Ayane and Diego) so this is good to know (even if I don't understand some of it lol)

What's the difference between P+K and P/K? and what do the negatives mean? like -2K instead of just 2K (sorry if this seems basic knowledge to most, im attempting to learn the game competitively but there's far too many numbers haha)

Mayor-Of-Mustard

ah sorry, tbh I wasn't sure how to notate it. What I meant was either using WS 4KP or WS 4KK since WS 4K is the first move and then you can choose to follow up with either K or P
Aw thanks! Think I have a lot to learn haha. im Considering picking up Busa but i'll see

Dragon Ninja

oh as for the other question, i didn't put any hard set frame data as we don't have that info. I just speculated in a couple areas. if you're referring to the dashes in the BNBs section and wall stun moves section, those are pretty much just bullet points.

No need to feel embarrassed. Ask away and we'll do our best to answer clearly.

Dragon Ninja

Ah yeah. His 46T combos changed. Even on NH 46T, 6P isnt a reliable start anymore. You can get that hit but afterwards is much more inconsistent. For example, if they BH after 6P, 5P will actually whiff

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD