Hayabusa: Tools of a Super Ninja

coffeedad

I <3 Jesus...and coffee.
Premium Donor
I have a couple of questions and they apply to Hayabusa and the system in general...

1. Are there ways to knock down opponents so that you can get a guaranteed "down" attack (unless they tech roll) before they can do a wake-up kick? Seems like sometimes I mash wake up kick like a monkey on crack and my opponent can still land a down attack before I can get a wake up kick out (sometimes anyway). Can you give an example with Hayabusa if so?

2. Does Hayabusa have a move that can knock someone into the wall and make it so that the opponent cannot do a wake up kick? Like Leifang's 66T? What is the property of the moves that can do this called?

Thanks gaiz!

Last edited:

cip

Hey!

1. I know of one attack, that is relaunching with WR 4K, when it is just not high enough to airthrow afterwards. After that, a down attack (2P) is guaranteed.

2. I don't think there are any.

Jaguar360

I have a couple of questions and they apply to Hayabusa and the system in general...

1. Are there ways to knock down opponents so that you can get a guaranteed "down" attack (unless they tech roll) before they can do a wake-up kick? Seems like sometimes I mash wake up kick like a monkey on crack and my opponent can still land a down attack before I can get a wake up kick out (sometimes anyway). Can you give an example with Hayabusa if so?

2. Does Hayabusa have a move that can knock someone into the wall and make it so that the opponent cannot do a wake up kick? Like Leifang's 66T? What is the property of the moves that can do this called?

Thanks gaiz!
1. Basically what cip said. You could do it with more moves in vanilla DOA5, but now only 2P is really able to do it (for some characters like Jahn Lee or Sarah it is 2K).
2. I'm not sure, but I think that Ryu's own 66T can do that when he is facing against the wall. Otherwise, no. :/

SilverForte

Uh, I managed to do the 33P4 Shoho combo in combo challenge mode, is that mode based on an earlier patch or something?

Nameless Sama

Uh, I managed to do the 33P4 Shoho combo in combo challenge mode, is that mode based on an earlier patch or something?

I really dont know but I tryed it and it doesnt worked. I have always missed it. I deleated the new patch and played with the 1.04. Version and it worked in any mode. The Damage is not worth. Besides with that combo you cant perform a cliff izuna which is more stylish , imo.

Do you want to fight stylish ? Nice but it would be really worked in the new version I would never do that because its not safe and the damage is meh.

I really hate it , that you cant perform a cliff izuna with the shouho Izuna. After CB + :4::4::P::+::K: + :2::P+K: :+: :P+K::P::P::4862::F: + Cliff = HALEYULA BABY. The opponents learns to fly.

MASTER

Standard Donor
Thanks for posting DOAN, I will go over that older class and the newer one that got postponed because of the twitch hack. Right now im looking to see if Friday is a good day.

By the way for the players asking about 2p or ground pound being guaranteed, it is never guaranteed unless the opponent is already in a juggle state and isn't laying on the ground. Everyone can tech roll back since that grants invincibility frames almost instantly.

MASTER
:hayabusa:

Stormthegates

So I'm trying to pick up Hayabusa and I was wondering if anyone can list some go to moves to do in neutral/close game. Just trying to get more up to date opinions to try and work some moves into my game.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
I tried the network settings 1 bar 2 bar 3 bar 4. Doesn't really help as the input timining are still the same

Tempest

I tried the network settings 1 bar 2 bar 3 bar 4. Doesn't really help as the input timining are still the same
Well for combo throws I know you can buffer the movement and then the timing just needs to be a bit early. Just experiment with hitting it before the combo throw notice pops up.

XxNoriakixX

Is there a trick to his combos where hayabusa has to turn around first after landing his Ongyoin PP ? I tried it for hours yesterday and i couldn't find a reliable way to land strikes afterwards as shown in the combo challenge... wanted to pick up hayabusa since i am a big fanboy of ninja gaiden and i have no problems with his izunas, but this simple stuff

Brute

Standard Donor
Not really. Just tap guard and input the command as soon as he turns around.

Lulu

Actually i do believe that qualifies as a trick.

Heres what i found in my experience. After Onion :P::P:... if you just input the next move,:3::P+K:, it will almost surely miss, no matter how early you try to perform it. For some reason Tapping :h: then doing the move makes Hayabusa turn around faster, I've seen similar behavior from Bayman. Now heres the trick : You can just buffer:h: then do the move afterwards. Nope. You need to time relatively close to or right when Hayabusa recovers from the Onion :P::P:. That should help with your consistency. ;)

Nameless Sama

Is there a trick to his combos where hayabusa has to turn around first after landing his Ongyoin PP ? I tried it for hours yesterday and i couldn't find a reliable way to land strikes afterwards as shown in the combo challenge... wanted to pick up hayabusa since i am a big fanboy of ninja gaiden and i have no problems with his izunas, but this simple stuff

I am just here to say welcome to the Hayabusa family clan :hayabusa: I hope you enjoy here.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD