Hayabusa: Tools of a Super Ninja

Jaguar360

Ongyoin up close (on block) is not necessarily a situation you want to be in.
Well, you can parry, throw for big damage, :K: for a laucnher, but the other options are unsafe, so I agree overall. (Sorry to respond so late)

cip

Ongyoin :K: is actually really unsafe on block. If you aren't in critical stun, Ongyoin is really easy to counter actually: Low P when close, sidestep when far. This leaves Hayabusa with nearly no options.

Jaguar360

Ongyoin :K: is actually really unsafe on block. If you aren't in critical stun, Ongyoin is really easy to counter actually: Low P when close, sidestep when far. This leaves Hayabusa with nearly no options.
You're right, I completely overlooked that. So, yeah Haybusa has little to no striking options from up close in Ongoyin.
EDIT: :P::P::[P]: is a pretty good striking option though, but its a mid punch. It does, however, guard break!

Chaos

Thank you! someone finally hit hayabusa's main Strategy, the problem with that is, after a while I became a lonely ninja.Because nobody wanted to play with me so I picked FSD hobby T-T and putting videos. I literary would get kicked out of lobbies because they say I cheat with hayabusa or I would go on rank and wait for hours until someone didn't cancel. I think they will fear the player more than the character itself.
When I was dominating a lobby match somebody was getting buthurt about me using hayabusa's best tools and then had the nerve to call me a pussy lol. It seems like there's no love for Hayabusa players online unless we're fighting against someone you know on FSD or an non FSD member (who will give you props and know how to respect a decent player).

Brute

Standard Donor
Well, you can parry, throw for big damage, :K: for a laucnher, but the other options are unsafe, so I agree overall. (Sorry to respond so late)
All of which are beat out by low pokes.

When I was dominating a lobby match somebody was getting buthurt about me using hayabusa's best tools and then had the nerve to call me a pussy lol. It seems like there's no love for Hayabusa players online unless we're fighting against someone you know on FSD or an non FSD member (who will give you props and know how to respect a decent player).
Welcome to PSN. There are actually those who will compliment you if if you don't know them, but it does require sifting through a sea of salty losers.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I'm a dick to everyone if I lose, FSD member or not. That's just what online does to me. It turns me into a rage monster and I will devour your very soul just to dilute the saltiness even a tiny bit. In person I'm a good sportsman though and I figure that's what counts, right? *disagreementconstitutesabannableoffensesochooseyourwordscarefully*

Ahem.

Brute

Standard Donor
Yup. So nothing's safe up close I guess. The only reason to be up close would be to bait for a high counter :H+P::5::426::H+P::5::6842::H+P:, but that hasn't exactly been working out for me.
Well of course not. Why would someone go for a hold when they could just do a low punch and win no matter what?

NinjaMonkey

Hey fellow Hayabusa players i found a LIMBO STUN into CB setup! yeah you read right ;)

Here the combo/ Limbo Stun into CB! setup

(CH)3P, P+K4, ongyoin PP (Limbo Stun), turn around, P+K4 (CB), ongyoin P+KPP360T= 149dmg! :cool:
(155dmg with a Power Blow and 170dmg with a HCH)

The CB is guaranteed after the Limbo Stun and as far as i know no one else can do that and of course you don't have to start with a (CH)3P. :)
I also found a few Force Techs for light weights. I'll post them in Ryu's untechables thread since there aren't many for that weight class.

Lets make him a top tier character again so that more players picking him up because i miss the mirror matches ;)

NinjaMonkeyMax :hayabusa:

NinjaMonkey

Regarding the Limbo Stun into Critical Burst setup that i found.

You can also mix it up with 66K instead of P+K4 :cool:

btw the max dmg combo on mid weights after his 4K launcher on max hight is ongyoin K, 6K, hcf+T and not ongyoin K, 8P, hcf+T. I never saw anyone else using 6K in a juggle but its more dmg and just as easy and stabil as 8P so i thought i should mention it :)

cip

I found 2P to work even nicer when you're opponent is in Ongyoin PP's limbo stun. You can follow that up with launchers.

X51

:3::h::+::K::, :3::4::K:, :4::1::2::3::6::h::+::P:(near a wall)

:4::P::K::, :3::4::K:, :4::1:::2::3::6::h::+::P:(near a wall)

:4::P::6::P:, :2::3::6::P:, :4::1::2::3::6::h::+::P:(near a wall)

Combo throw: :2::3::6::h::+::P:, :2::3::6::P:, :3::4::K:, :4::1::2::3::6::h::+::P:

View attachment 996 Nin!

For the first 3 combos ground bounce is required, correct?
For the last one, I think that 236T, 236P, 4K, 5K, 8P, 41236T deals more damage but it's "impossible" to perform it online, at least to me. Also you can add an extra 8P after 34K if the character is light/mid but I was only able to do it vs CHRISTIE in open ground and I believe that was a counter throw.

And last, 3P+K K/2K(? I can't remember the input) can be followed?

Chaos

For the first 3 combos ground bounce is required, correct?
For the last one, I think that 236T, 236P, 4K, 5K, 8P, 41236T deals more damage but it's "impossible" to perform it online, at least to me. Also you can add an extra 8P after 34K if the character is light/mid but I was only able to do it vs CHRISTIE in open ground and I believe that was a counter throw.

And last, 3P+K K/2K(? I can't remember the input) can be followed?
Those combo will only work if your opponent is near a wall and the 3P+K K/2K, are you referring to 3P+K, P+K, 41236T? because if you do 2K after 3P+K you will get a pathetic boring low sweep kick.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD